“Perfect location. Impeccable staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary

You added Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6115 Corporate Ridge Road, Chapel Hill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Perfect location. Impeccable staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is the perfect place to stay in Raleigh. Cybrena and the rest of the staff treat you like they've know you forever; and make you feel like the most important person there. The hotel is perfectly located for business in the Raleigh area.
My wife and I both stay here for business at least twice a month, and we have no intentions of looking at anywhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Book your room on the front side of the property if you're a light sleeper. The trains can get a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I were amazed by the quality of service we were met by at this establishment. Cybrena the front desk person was spot on in everything she did for us. We requested the top floor and she went out of her way to provide us the top floor when all seemed lost meaning no rooms were available. She went above and beyond the call of duty. The hotel was very pleasant to stay their for our extended period of time, esp the heated pool area. The morning breakfast was spot on and very enjoyable as well. I know I would love to stay at this hotel again if my girlfriend and I ever revisit the Raleigh area. I recommend this hotel for any one looking for a great night sleep at a very very reasonable price. The beds were actually better than my sleigh bed I sleep on at home. You will def not be disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed here for a month and had wonderful service - especially by Cybrena at the front desk! She would help us in anyway she could, and get anything we needed. It was sincerely a pleasure to stay at this Wingate by Wyndham location, and we will be back!

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor, which provided a nice view outside over Raleigh.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

First time in Raleigh in a while, I found this hotel on Tripadvisor & thought we would try it. I knew it was new because of the building still going on around it. From the moment I walked in I was more than impressed!!! The staff is excellent & better than any I have I have ever encountered. My company keeps me in hotels several months out the year, this one is the closest to being at home. Very modern, smelled wonderful & very clean. The rooms were great, beds were dreamy, train never woke us. Cybrina is GREAT!! She was always cheerful & keep my kids laughing, she knew all about the local attractions & places to take the kids, Kristina who worked the bar, knew where the best hidden restaurants were & gave us very good directions to each. I wouldn't want to stay any where else when I return to the area!!! I hope to return very soon...

Room Tip: The front side of the building has the better view & little trouble from the train.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed here for three weeks Training for job. Great hotel. Cybrena at the front desk is a pro. Nice pool, and great wine/beer reception daily. Close to Cary and PNC arena, and they give you postcards with directions.on how to get to local restaurants. Nice Phillip HDTV's in the rooms

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Toms River, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Cybrina worked all her knowlege to get me the best price for a room. She then went above and beyond and bought me Christmas gifts. She is only 1 of many of the staff that keep me coming back while I work this travel nursing position at a prison in Raleigh.

• Stayed December 2011
or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Front desk was always efficient and also willing to take extra time to make sure they gave you the right answer.

However although the rooms are large and modern- there were all kinds of little issues. In no particular order:

extremely loud and vibration prone AC, and windows that don't open

Shower curtain could not be fully closed and so the bathroom was always flooding

Climate control didn't have a fan setting, so for people who like to sleep with it on, you were out of luck, it would turn off whenever it hit the target temp

None of the "vending machine areas" have vending machines (even though they require a room key to enter), just ice machines, so you have to go downstairs for sodas etc

In short- although it looks good on the surface, somehow you can tell its a Wyndham property... they just can't get the little things right

There are a couple good restaurants within walking distance (indian and bbq) and also a 24hr McDonalds, other than that you NEED to drive... also airport transport was very fast and helpful

Room Tip: Whole building vibrates when trains go by, even-side of building faces tracks
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary? Share your experiences!