“Clean, great value, almost new, accommodating, close to interstate, close to shopping, close to medical, railroad tracks are"not” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary

You added Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6115 Corporate Ridge Road, Chapel Hill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

My title just about covers it all! I just returned from Raleigh for a doctor's appmt at the Carolina Ear and Hearing Clinic and this hotel is just two miles away. Right on the border of Cary as the name indicates. Near the RBC Center, medical facilities and offices, and great shopping and restaurants like PF Changs, in a beautiful mall. The hotel gives you a list of great restaurants and directions to all. Also shuttle service. The room was very clean and new looking, included a coffee maker, refrigerator, safe, hairdryer, etc. I read one negative review about the railroad tracks and we heard two trains in 24 hours that went by in seconds. So was not an issue at all - kinda cool! Our sleep was not interrupted and, in saying that, there were two queen beds in our room and they were super comfy. Quiet room and very large flat screen tv. Gym and indoor pool near the lobby. Breakfastt was a deluxe continental, including bacon and eggs. It was a good experience!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel from 9/10/11 to 9/12/11 for a pleasure trip to the Raleigh area. It was located close to RDU airport and easy to find and was close to Cary Towne Center. The hotel is fairly new and is very clean and well maintained. The staff are very nice and helpful. The indoor pool and hot tub are nice additions, although we found the pool to be a little cold. Breakfast was hot and well stocked. The hotel also features a pantry for small food items and gifts. Rooms are well equipped and spacious and housekeeping was excellent. Overall a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed September 2011
The ATL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Great hotel - less than one year old. Close to RBC Center. 42" flat screen and spacious/clean rooms. Very comfortable beds and pillows. They also have the rare two queen bed rooms. There's a McDonald's adjacent to the property if you need some quick food/drink.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife and I travel extensively for both business and pleasure. I can certainly say this is a tremendous value in a hotel. The property is new, exceptionally clean and quite well decorated. Rooms are very spacious with high ceilings and plenty of lounging and work space. Beds are very comfortable. The staff here is outstanding. They are very friendly and well informed about the local area attractions and eateries. They can give you quality recommendations and directions. The managers reception is a nice treat. Free beer, wine, cheeses and a hot feature each evening. Pool area very clean with nice water temperature. Breakfast bar quite adequate and is kept extra clean and well stocked. They offer a movie each night in a seperate movie room. The seating is basic in the theater area but it remains a nice, seldom seen touch. Internet quality and speed are adequate. Internet signal on the outside at the rocking chairs is weak with frequent disconnects is my only complaint.

Once oriented to the location, I found I could travel all of Raleigh quite easily from this location.

I would highly recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure. It will become our place to stay in Raleigh.

Again, I would like to say the Staff is great!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We booked 3 rooms at this hotel. We were attending a wedding in the area. The hotel was brand new and the staff was very accommodating.

The hotel was about a 20 minute drive to Duke University. A drive through the campus is highly recommended. Duke gardens is not to be missed. One note is that Duke gardens is not handicap accessible which we did not know.

We would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
NikkiB34, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Thank you for your positive review of the Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary Hotel. We love the spirit of celebration that our guests attending weddings bring to the hotel and are often chosen as the host hotel for wedding groups. Our central location is very convenient for guests visiting the local colleges as we are only 3 miles from North Carolina State University, 2.5 miles from Meredith College, and less than 20 miles from Duke University and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I hope that you will choose to be our guest once again the next time you are in Raleigh.

Director of Sales
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My family and I stayed here over the weekend to escape Hurricane Irene's supposed wrath on Virginia Beach. Originally, it wasn't my first choice but my first choice wasn't available. I wanted to stay at one of Trip Advisor's top 10 hotels for Raleigh and this was the only one still available AND within my price range. I have to admit, I am glad we stayed here! I had no idea it was so new! My husband and I both enjoyed the modern/contemporary look of the hotel, as well as the overall cleanliness. Our room, even with two beds, was very spacious! My two daughters loved having all of that room to run around in! And I'm sure you're wondering, yes, the beds were very comfortable! If we ever end up in the area again, I'd definitely stay here! Also, the pool was nice and warm! My children loved it. And if you want any restaurant recommendations, be sure to ask the front desk as they have cards with directions printed out for your convenience!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
NikkiB34, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding the Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary Hotel. While I am sorry that your visit to our hotel was the result of such extenuating circumstances, I am pleased that we were able to provide you and your family with such an enjoyable and comfortable experience. Our first time guests are often pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness of the guest rooms and appreciate the contemporary look and feel of our brand new hotel. I hope that you will choose our hotel for your next stay if you have the occasion to visit this area in the future.

Director of Sales
Southern, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Wingate State Arena Raleigh from July 14th-July 17th to check out the area for relocation and had a fantastic experience at this hotel. Even with personal issues that occurred during our stay in Raleigh, the Guest Services team, including the manager, Nikki, went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The amenities in this hotel were well represented on the website and the double queen room shared with 4 people was roomy and well appointed. It was fairly easy to get anywhere in Raleigh or Cary from this hotel. Thanks to the great team at the Wingate, we were able to solidify a great experience in the city of Raleigh. We would most definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ghavenstein, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for your review of the Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary Hotel. We are committed to providing excellent customer service to each of our guests and I am pleased that you had such a positive experience during your stay with us. Good luck with your relocation plans and I hope that if you choose Raleigh as your next "home town" that you will choose to be our guest for any subsequent visits during that process.

Nikki Boatwright

Been to Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary? Share your experiences!