“GREAT PLACE TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was in Raleigh on Business 02/04/2013-02/08/2013. From the check in to the check out I have no complaints. I stayed in a wheelchair access room and even still that was no bother and I still got plenty of rest and my room was clean all the time. Every evening I came in I had a fresh clean room. The staff is super friendly and they give SPLENDID service!!!! The hotel also seems to be new because I could still smell the New construction. I even walked around barefoot in my room because I felt comfortable that there was no fungas lying in the carpets( I am extremely OCD when it comes to cleanliness of hotels!!!!!). The location in directly centered next to chillis, and macaroni grill. The mall is on the other side of the parking lot and there is plenty of eateries in there for your food cravings. When on business again in Raleigh I will def be staying here!! Its was 4mins from my office and 20minutes from the Airport

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here on a trip to visit family. Facility is in great shape and all the people were very helpful. If you stay when it is warm outside, ask for one of the rooms with a balcony. Only complaint is that there is not enough staff at night. Also on our first morning the shower temperature varied quite a bit. Not a problem the second day so not sure what happened.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I took our young children to this hotel just to get away from the house for a night. We were really surprised at how nice our rooms were. We were able to get adjoining rooms that were the exact same. The rooms had a very comfy king bed and then a small sitting area with a full size sleeper sofa. It was much larger than we expected. the bathroom is very large and there was a mini fridge in the room. The hotel is attatched to the triangle town mall and has lots of eating options near by. the indoor pool is open from 8am to 11pm if my memory serves and it was quiet the night we stayed. There is a nice little cafe in the lobby that serves food until 11pm. The hotel is only a couple of years old and still has that new feeling. The decor is very modern and sleek. The staff is friendly and eager to please. The hotel is situated close to nearby highways for easy access around town. We really enjoyed this property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here when were house hunting so it was several days in a row. Very clean and nice new decor, great location by a mall and restaurants. Now that I live I won't be staying here, but would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went to Raleigh just with my son for a gymnastics competition. This hotel has a decent location, good sized rooms and decent cleaning (not outstanding though). Plan a 15 minutes trip to downtown if your activities will be centered there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was really contemplating the score for this hotel. I wanted to give a better score but I had some issues. After reading some of the other reviews it appear others have had these same issues and the staff has not acted. First off, the staff was very friendly and the lobby is clean and well kept. I am not a fan of the new design but this one was built with the new lobby concept and this one works a little better than the renovation jobs. The location could not be better. Right in the parking lot of a big mall with numerous shopping and eating locations nearby. There is a Chili's and Macaronni Grill in the same parking lot.
Now the issues..The walls are very thin as I could hear just about everything going on beside me and quite clearly in the hallways...and I dont hear so well! The water in the shower varied from warn to lukewarm by the minute and I stayed two nights so this was not a timing issue. The temprature would not stay at a constant. I once went from cold to scalded in a couple of minutes...then the hot water ran out! Serveral of the channels on the television would not come in so I called down and was told I needed to jiggle the cable in the back. He obviously knew what the issue was because it worked. Other reviews note this...why can't this be fixed? The teribly thin towels in the bathroom were just a pitiful as all the other Courtyards and the toletries were barely enough to get by on.
Other than the few issues that could be addressed the overall location and newness of this hotel are great.

Room Tip: I was in a center room and heard no traffic or parking lot noise.