“Location and great people” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Location and great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here on a trip to visit family. Facility is in great shape and all the people were very helpful. If you stay when it is warm outside, ask for one of the rooms with a balcony. Only complaint is that there is not enough staff at night. Also on our first morning the shower temperature varied quite a bit. Not a problem the second day so not sure what happened.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I took our young children to this hotel just to get away from the house for a night. We were really surprised at how nice our rooms were. We were able to get adjoining rooms that were the exact same. The rooms had a very comfy king bed and then a small sitting area with a full size sleeper sofa. It was much larger than we expected. the bathroom is very large and there was a mini fridge in the room. The hotel is attatched to the triangle town mall and has lots of eating options near by. the indoor pool is open from 8am to 11pm if my memory serves and it was quiet the night we stayed. There is a nice little cafe in the lobby that serves food until 11pm. The hotel is only a couple of years old and still has that new feeling. The decor is very modern and sleek. The staff is friendly and eager to please. The hotel is situated close to nearby highways for easy access around town. We really enjoyed this property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here when were house hunting so it was several days in a row. Very clean and nice new decor, great location by a mall and restaurants. Now that I live I won't be staying here, but would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went to Raleigh just with my son for a gymnastics competition. This hotel has a decent location, good sized rooms and decent cleaning (not outstanding though). Plan a 15 minutes trip to downtown if your activities will be centered there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Oldsmar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was really contemplating the score for this hotel. I wanted to give a better score but I had some issues. After reading some of the other reviews it appear others have had these same issues and the staff has not acted. First off, the staff was very friendly and the lobby is clean and well kept. I am not a fan of the new design but this one was built with the new lobby concept and this one works a little better than the renovation jobs. The location could not be better. Right in the parking lot of a big mall with numerous shopping and eating locations nearby. There is a Chili's and Macaronni Grill in the same parking lot.
Now the issues..The walls are very thin as I could hear just about everything going on beside me and quite clearly in the hallways...and I dont hear so well! The water in the shower varied from warn to lukewarm by the minute and I stayed two nights so this was not a timing issue. The temprature would not stay at a constant. I once went from cold to scalded in a couple of minutes...then the hot water ran out! Serveral of the channels on the television would not come in so I called down and was told I needed to jiggle the cable in the back. He obviously knew what the issue was because it worked. Other reviews note this...why can't this be fixed? The teribly thin towels in the bathroom were just a pitiful as all the other Courtyards and the toletries were barely enough to get by on.
Other than the few issues that could be addressed the overall location and newness of this hotel are great.

Room Tip: I was in a center room and heard no traffic or parking lot noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New Bern, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here before a half marathon in Wake Forest. The hotel is in a great location inside the parking lot of Triangle Town Center. Convenient to walk to dinner and shopping. Great lobby and Starbucks available 24 hours. Nice room design and bathroom. Only complaint was the walls were a little thin. Did not use other amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Gadsden, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel and had a very unrestful night. When I turned in for the night and realized the firmness of the mattress I immediately called the front desk to see if this was the standard and if it was possible to change rooms. I was informed that the hotel had recently gotten new beds throughout and that yes they have gotten complaints and unfortunatley this is the only type bed available. I was stuck because it was 1:00am. The next morning I completed the comment card and made a second complaint to another young lady who was working the front desk who reinterated the same information that I was given earlier to confirm that the hotel was already aware of the issue. I requested of her to pass on my complaint AND my comment card to management. To this day I have not heard from management. I am very disappointed. I am a rewards member and actually used my Reward Points for this stay. All I wanted was to be acknowledged by management! According to the hotel employees I was not the only customer who had the issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center? Share your experiences!