“I really wanted to give a Better Score” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
“I really wanted to give a Better Score”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was really contemplating the score for this hotel. I wanted to give a better score but I had some issues. After reading some of the other reviews it appear others have had these same issues and the staff has not acted. First off, the staff was very friendly and the lobby is clean and well kept. I am not a fan of the new design but this one was built with the new lobby concept and this one works a little better than the renovation jobs. The location could not be better. Right in the parking lot of a big mall with numerous shopping and eating locations nearby. There is a Chili's and Macaronni Grill in the same parking lot.
Now the issues..The walls are very thin as I could hear just about everything going on beside me and quite clearly in the hallways...and I dont hear so well! The water in the shower varied from warn to lukewarm by the minute and I stayed two nights so this was not a timing issue. The temprature would not stay at a constant. I once went from cold to scalded in a couple of minutes...then the hot water ran out! Serveral of the channels on the television would not come in so I called down and was told I needed to jiggle the cable in the back. He obviously knew what the issue was because it worked. Other reviews note this...why can't this be fixed? The teribly thin towels in the bathroom were just a pitiful as all the other Courtyards and the toletries were barely enough to get by on.
Other than the few issues that could be addressed the overall location and newness of this hotel are great.

Room Tip: I was in a center room and heard no traffic or parking lot noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Bern, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here before a half marathon in Wake Forest. The hotel is in a great location inside the parking lot of Triangle Town Center. Convenient to walk to dinner and shopping. Great lobby and Starbucks available 24 hours. Nice room design and bathroom. Only complaint was the walls were a little thin. Did not use other amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Gadsden, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel and had a very unrestful night. When I turned in for the night and realized the firmness of the mattress I immediately called the front desk to see if this was the standard and if it was possible to change rooms. I was informed that the hotel had recently gotten new beds throughout and that yes they have gotten complaints and unfortunatley this is the only type bed available. I was stuck because it was 1:00am. The next morning I completed the comment card and made a second complaint to another young lady who was working the front desk who reinterated the same information that I was given earlier to confirm that the hotel was already aware of the issue. I requested of her to pass on my complaint AND my comment card to management. To this day I have not heard from management. I am very disappointed. I am a rewards member and actually used my Reward Points for this stay. All I wanted was to be acknowledged by management! According to the hotel employees I was not the only customer who had the issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

To date I am at 116 nights this year, and annually I am on the road about 3+ months of the year. I only say this upfront so the readers know I "TRAVEL". I stayed 5 nights here, no member incentive at all, not even a bottle of water. So I was really surprised at all the "5" ratings for this property.Simply put this is another courtyard and you receive all the expectations of this Hotel chain... Except Room Service. The staff was welcoming for the most part. Except for one day when our corporation asked for the meeting room and they wouldn't allow us to use it unless we payed extra, whereas other hotels have not usually minded if not being used or reserved. Something to think about. The bistro was as expected and the location is the BEST part of this hotel. Right across, walking distance, to the Triangle Town Center. The reason for the Room Service is because it was poor. Dirty glasses left in my room, never vacuumed once, never sprayed an air freshener, and never cleaned my toilet (see photos). Jacuzzi water was luke warm also. Those were my only complaints. So if that doesn't bother you, stay there. As usual, a video of the room on my youtube channel. Thanks for reading and hope it helps!

Pros:
- Location, Location & Location
- WIFI Internet was adequate for free
- Bistro keeping pace (I had the burger one night and was excellent!)
- Slept VERY Well

Cons:
- Jacuzzi Luke warm water
- Room service not cleaning rooms properly (4th floor)
- No incentives for members
- Window Air Units (pretty quiet though)

Marriott Gold Rewards Member
RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Stay on the top floors away from the elevators and take the stairs! :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tarboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The staff was great, had an issue with the TV and it was corrected within 5 minutes of my call. Room was very clean and well designed. The outdoor patio and fireplace are was great for relaxing and having a glass of wine after a long day. Highspeed worked great and very fast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tilghman, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I often stay in Marriott Brand Hotels, but until now Courtyard was probably my least favorite. This Courtyard, which is a bit over a year old is brightly decorated and made me a fan. The lobby includes the cafe and bar at night which is comfortable. Beyond a wall with a tv updating local weather and information is a comfortable seating area, coffee bar, and business center. There are t.v.'s here and we actually hung out, while the kids were sleeping in the room. The pool is small, but clean and there were plenty of towels and a hot tub. There is an outdoor seating area too.
The rooms have the most comfortable beds and patio's with doors that open onto them. Of course this hotel would not be great without a great staff and my every request was greeted with a smile and accomplished.
The hotel was a bit hard to see from the road. It is in a shopping mall, which is where we ate and there are also restaurants across the road from it. Perfect location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Comfortable stay in this new hotel. Super-friendly staff. Only drawback: the heating/air unit is below the window, as in older hotels. I don't find these as comfortable as central units and this was odd for a new hotel. Other than that, great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center? Share your experiences!