“A very nice hotel and a great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10040 Sellona St, Raleigh, NC 27617   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A very nice hotel and a great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed there for business and had a great stay. Great location and very nice rooms. This hotel is only a few years old and was priced better than the competition.
My only complaint was the breakfast, A good selection like most other hotels in this class, but the eggs, hash browns, and sausage were all VERY overcooked. I imagine this was just an off day for the staff. Otherwise this should be on your list when staying in Raleigh by the airport and Research Park.

527 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My daughter and I chose this hotel based on reviews, and we were so happy with our choice. This hotel sets a high bar for hospitality and customer service. The staff was so genuinely friendly and cared for us as though we were friends or family visiting them. The lobby is warm and welcoming - large open area with a fireplace and comfy places to sit to wait for the shuttle. Color scheme is really upbeat and fun - the decorator did a great job. Clean room, comfortable bed, nice linens. Do think I'd offer better towels, but that's the only thing I'd change. Shuttle service is responsive and ultra friendly. Very convenient location - five minutes from the airport and an easy drive to the central city.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (6th).....very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I live in Virginia but fly out of Raleigh often for business/pleasure. The staff is extremely helpful and truly wants to help. The beds are very comfortable, the morning breakfast awesome, and the a bargain price.

The shuttle driver Judy is a sweetheart! She dropped me off at the airport around 8:00 a.m. and 30 minutes later I called to have her pick me up again as my flight changed to 5:30 p.m. (during Hurricane Sandy). I went to the front desk and asked Amy if she could still allow me to stay in my room till about 3:30 p.m. and she did, a privilege of being a Marriott Silver member which is extend check-out! I highly encourage everyone to work toward a Silver status... it kinda feels like your family. I feel that Amy would have done this for any Marriott guest though.

When I was in my room going through my handbag I found my Leather-man knife which was worth about $50. Having checked my luggage already at the airport I was in panic mode. I search for UPS & FedEx locations near by but was frustrated at the logistics of getting to those locations. I went to the front desk and Amy once again came to the rescue by FedEx'ng my leather-man to my next Marriott stay in Redding, CA and just charged it to my room. Saved AGAIN!! I needed my leather-man for a follow-on hunting trip in NM. My knife arrived at the Redding Marriott a day later. It was a great feeling. I am deeply grateful for Judy, Amy, Randy, and the maintenance man Curtis for all the help and support they provided me. It's so nice to have and extremely affordable room, with an serving staff located next to some great dining, shopping and airport with shuttle access to all! PERFECT!!!

Room Tip: Any room is great! Quiet hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The property is only two years old and looks brand new. Very close to airport with free shuttle and very close (almost walking distance) to many shops and restaurants. What really made this hotel stand out was the service of the front desk staff (Ciara and Desiree). They treated me like a King - from restaurant recommendations, transportation to airport and asking me over and over if I needed anything. This pair makes this the ONLY hotel to stay at when in RDU.

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at this property with a group of college students in early December. The front desk staff was ready for us and checked us in quickly. They had multiple large groups at the hotel, but the breakfast area was well-maintained and common areas kept tidy. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows especially nice. There is a large shopping center about 2 miles down the road as well. This property was a great value and the staff handled the high occupancy rate over the weekend very well.

The breakfast had ample options - hot and cold- and was plentiful.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I recently had a four day stay here and it was very pleasant. The room was as I expected because I've stayed at this chain before. This one was very clean and fresh feeling. Additionally the desk staff was so nice and super helpful too.

I love how you feel like you are walking into a living room with the fire blazing upon entry. Also, and this is important to me where I stay, the exercise room had what I wanted and it was easy to get to-- not in some basement space that's creepy to get to. The exercise room had mirrors, dumbell weights up to 50 lbs, 2 treadmills and a stepper--- stepper had a personal tv. Also-- there was water, towels and natural light in the room. It had a glass wall to view the pool and hot tub. (honestly, the pool looked like an oversized bathtub--- so small-- about the size of three hot tubs.)

My only suggestion for improvement would be the towels--I know thinner, smaller towels are more efficiently washed and dried than bigger plush towels-- but these were hardly bath sized. Ok for drying your body-- but not wrapping your body. I did really appreciate a name brand shampoo and conditioner--Pantene, and Vaseline brand lotion. Nice touch!

The free breakfast. Was as expected-- eggs a little oogie, but plenty of other selections from fruit to muffins, oatmeal, bacon, hasbrowns, yogurt and so on... Coffee was good too and I always appreciate to-go cups and lids.

• Stayed November 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek? Share your experiences!