“Unbeatable Service and Wondeful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8001 Arco Corporate Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617-2010   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Canton, Ohio
“Unbeatable Service and Wondeful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and stayed through the New Years Holiday. The Hotel was modern and new and the entire staff we came in contact with were wonderful and always willing to help. We were a big group, 10 or more so renting a car was not an option. The Hotel offers a shuttle service, and we were fortunate to have the driver named Bill. Every question or request was met with a yes. His service was courteous, friendly and prompt and just a great time was provided on every shuttle due to his wonderful attitude and obvious passion for the job. The food was great, especially the breakfast and the evening reception was well worth the time spent. We will definately choose this hotel on our next visit to NC.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Jack T: Thank you for posting comments about our hotel and especially Bill, our shuttle driver / bellman. Bill is a very capable and conscientious team member who is a great ambassador for our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the food and most especially the willing helpfulness of the staff. Embassy Suites Brier Creek is fortunate to have a modern building and a great staff to go with it...thank you for choosing our hotel for both the wedding / New Year's stay, we certainly look forward to seeing you soon.

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at this hotel for NYE, even though we live in Raleigh, for a little get away. We had a fabulous stay and the staff all went out of their way to make our stay the best possible.

The hotel is very new and modern and the rooms are very nice. There is a manager's reception each night from 5:30 - 7:30 with drinks and very basic snacks. This was perfect for us since we were having a late dinner. We enjoyed mingling with the other guests (most of which we found out were also local with the same idea as us) at the reception. The Director came over and personally asked us if there was anything we needed during our stay and gave us two additional drinks.

The hotel provides a shuttle, which we took advantage of to go to dinner and not have to worry about driving or parking on NYE. The shuttle was right on time to and from dinner and the driver was very courteous. He even called the hotel bar for us on the way back to the hotel to make sure they would stay open for us to have a night cap. Everyone we met on our stay was pleasant and enjoying themselves. We would definitely stay here again, and recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

Thanks for making our NYE fabulous!

Room Tip: We chose the King studio instead of typical suite since we were not going to be in the room much. T...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear CarolineHC: Thank you for choosing our hotel for your New Year's Eve getaway, and for taking the time to share your experiences on this site. We are fortunate to have a distinctive decor and convenient location, and are truly gratified to hear that our staff provided excellent hospitality to make your stay "the best possible" - what a nice compliment, one that I am happy to pass along the entire staff.
Happy New Year, we look forward to seeing you throughout the year and beyond - thank you.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our 4-night New Year's holiday weekend stay at this hotel. We were meeting our family for the holiday weekend and chose this particular hotel due to it's convenient proximity for all of us, and I must say, we were all blown away! The hotel is conveniently located very close to the highway, with the Brier Creek Mall and its restaurants and movie theater literally minutes away. The hotel decor is modern yet very functional; the lobby is roomy and comfortable, the two-room suites spacious, comfortable and exceptionally clean; and the staff - phenomenal! Any and all requests were responded to almost immediately and every single staff member was courteous, polite and always very helpful. My grandchildren enjoyed the pool tremendously and it too was clean at all times and well-stocked with towels, along with spacious, comfortable seating areas. Ken, the Manager, made it his business to walk around at the Manager's Reception every evening to chat with all the guests to make sure everyone was satisfied and had no complaints. I could go on and on, but be assured that this is truly a top-notch hotel! Embassy Suites and the entire staff of this particular hotel are to be commended on a job well done. We had a marvelous vacation and will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear plm124: Thank you for choosing our hotel for your 4-night New Year's holiday stay, and for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the location, and most importantly, our staff. I have forwarded your compliment to Ken and the team, and we certainly look forward to serving you in similar fashion very soon.
Happy New Year to you and your family, thank you.
Helensvale, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

lovely lobby, good included breakfast and decent suite room totally let down by poor poor service.

We had booked for 4 people - 3 adults 1 child - the suite only provided 2 towels, 2 cups, 2 coffee and no teabags.

We called down for extra supplies - I asked why when we booked for 4 the room was not set up for 4 and was advised they only set suites for 2 and always have to be bought up on call. Silly system to me.

It was late at night after a long day travel we arrived and it was a hassle to get our room set up I was even told we would be charged to have items bought to our room, we had issues ordering room service dinner as well. Was all a bit much when we expected to slip in and sleep.

I have experienced poor service from other hilton chain hotels (UK, Australia and now 2 in USA) so am starting to think the chain lives on it's name and does not deserve it's reputation. Sure most of the hotels look nice and flashy but it's service and care that matters.

This hotel did not leave a good feeling at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sonjabs: I am sorry to hear that we let you down with our levels of service and advance preparation. We should indeed have the room pre-set for the appropriate number of guests, something we failed to catch in advance in this instance. I can certainly understand that, after your long day of travel, we need to get you relaxed and resting soon after you arrive, and not chasing down details and services. I hope that our numerous reviews on this site and others show that lack of service is rare, and not usual for us. Our team takes their hospitality responsibility quite seriously, and we certainly hope that we have a chance to demonstrate that to you on a future visit.
As always, we appreciate your sharing your experience with us, we know that there are always opportunities to learn and improve, and there is no more valuable tool than to hear from our guests. Thank you, we hope to see you when your travels bring you back to our area.
Tarboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was our first stay and we were very impressed by the modern and chic decor, my husband and I were suppose to spend the holidays in NYC with family but when our plans fell through we decided to get away to the embassy after hearing such great reviews, the hotel doesn't disappoint! We stayed in a lovely two-room suite with a separate living room, the bed was very comfortable and I was so glad there were 2 flats screen tv's. Upon arrival, I noticed there was a family reunion booked at the hotel and there was a medium size line in the lobby but that didn't get in the way of a speedy check-in (2mins).

We never heard any noises, the hotel seemed pretty quiet and is in a great location, anything you need is a short drive or 5 minute walk away.

Breakfast was nice, now if you wanna get it really fresh then go when breakfast starts (6am) We were lazy and slept in then headed to breakfast around 8:30, there was no bacon and just sausage at that time but I did hear a guy ask for bacon and he was politely told by staff it would be ready in just a few minutes, I was hungry and went with the sausage(lol) I was surprised by the eggs, if artificial tasted like real eggs, not that powder stuff you get at some fast food places.

We will definitely go back when we wanna get away from home or just have a romantic weekend, this is now our first choice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Mylekn: I am very happy to know that you and your husband had a pleasant stay at the Embassy Suites Brier Creek over Thanksgiving. We are fortunate to be in a popular location which offers many activities and options, and our team works diligently to take care of our guests. This design option for Embassy Suites adds to the quietness of the guest suite tower, as you noted, despite the busy hotel. Breakfast does tend to get very busy toward the end of the service time on weekends, we can relate to sleeping in a bit longer when one can! You'll never have to worry about powdered eggs, and we look forward to having you as our guests during your next visit to Raleigh.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, it is great for the hotel and team to see such recognition and receive some real feedback from our guests.
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is top notch, 100% amazing!! I had my wedding guests stay in this hotel as I was getting married at Brier Creek Country Club and they all were saying how beautiful, comfortable and courteous every one was and how this hotel was above and beyond expectation!! But let's start from the beginning on how great this hotel actually is...

I have had the privilege of dealing with Nadia from the group booking department and her service was beyond phenomenal. She was nice, compassionate, and just so very kind that even when my parents missed the date to book in time, she squeezed them in there at the very last minute and SAVED the day! :)

When arriving, I met Kendrick, our new family member!! :) He was seriously the NICEST, most accomodating, kind person I have ever dealt with...EVER! This hotel is posh, and VERY NICE and it has The Umstead feel, but the service IS SO MUCH BETTER!! Kendrick was relatable, he was empathic, he seriously DESERVES A RAISE!! :) Even after our countless calls to the front desk for various things we forgot to pack, he was SO nice, and NEVER made us feel like we were bothering him. Never has my mother and father felt so comfortable, and my almost dying grandmother felt like she was at home. Kendrick had a lot to do with that! Kendrick was the brother from another mother!! :)

When leaving, Eric explain everything to me, and not clinically, but very sweetly and was super patient with me. Everything was disclosed to me in the beginning, but given that it was my wedding day...I was not really paying attention. Eric was SO incredibly gracious.

Finally, a quick shoutout to the shuttle driver. Thank you for being patient with my family as they used your services A TON while we were here. My grandmother felt so comfortable driving around with you that she didn't want me to drive her around anymore!! HAHAHAH! :)

Thank you Embassy Suites. Not only were you incredibly convenient to EVERYTHING that had to do with my wedding. You were conveinent to shopping, the freeway and the airport to make my wedding weekend completely seamless. If I remember anything about my wedding weekend is how wonderful your staff has been to myself and my family. :)

My now HUSBAND and I will be back. We were BLOWN away to the point that I signed up for Trip Advisor just so that I could review them! :)

Room Tip: Just ask. They are more than accomodating!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Susan B: thank you for not only taking the time to post this extended review of your experience at our hotel, but also for contacting me in person. We are lucky indeed to have such individuals as part of our team, and I can't tell you how happy and proud I am that they took such good care of you and your family - Nadiah, Kendrick, Eric and Steven really do show that hospitality is more than just a job or title, and our hotel team is better because of what they do in caring for our guests.
Congratulations on your wedding, please accept our thanks for selecting our hotel for your needs - we are thrilled to have helped to make the experience a little more memorable for this momentous occasion, and look forward to seeing you soon!
beatricepugzilla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Really hope this ES is the wy that the chain is going - this is not a typical Embassy. The lobby and common area is top notch - the rooms are up to date and match those of an upscale Hilton. I wish there were more Embassy's like this across the country!

Room Tip: They have a free airport shuttle
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear beatricepugzilla: We appreciate your sharing your observations on the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport / Brier Creek via TripAdvisor - thank you! Our hotel is the design option that is being used by about half the new Embassy Suites hotels under construction across North America; our interior design scheme is a custom feature though, hopefully we will continue to stand out in some ways. Modernizing and updating Embassy Suites everywhere, while maintaining the core benefits such as the complimentary breakfast, suite accommodations and Managers Reception, is a key strategy for the brand, we hope you enjoy those initiatives as you encounter them at Embassy hotels during your extensive travels.
Our complimentary airport shuttle also ferries guests to any of the local shopping and entertainment venues around the hotel; our neighborhood offers guests many activity options throughout the day. We look forward to your return visits, thank you!

Been to Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek? Share your experiences!