“Thanksgiving Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Tarboro, North Carolina
“Thanksgiving Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was our first stay and we were very impressed by the modern and chic decor, my husband and I were suppose to spend the holidays in NYC with family but when our plans fell through we decided to get away to the embassy after hearing such great reviews, the hotel doesn't disappoint! We stayed in a lovely two-room suite with a separate living room, the bed was very comfortable and I was so glad there were 2 flats screen tv's. Upon arrival, I noticed there was a family reunion booked at the hotel and there was a medium size line in the lobby but that didn't get in the way of a speedy check-in (2mins).

We never heard any noises, the hotel seemed pretty quiet and is in a great location, anything you need is a short drive or 5 minute walk away.

Breakfast was nice, now if you wanna get it really fresh then go when breakfast starts (6am) We were lazy and slept in then headed to breakfast around 8:30, there was no bacon and just sausage at that time but I did hear a guy ask for bacon and he was politely told by staff it would be ready in just a few minutes, I was hungry and went with the sausage(lol) I was surprised by the eggs, if artificial tasted like real eggs, not that powder stuff you get at some fast food places.

We will definitely go back when we wanna get away from home or just have a romantic weekend, this is now our first choice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Mylekn: I am very happy to know that you and your husband had a pleasant stay at the Embassy Suites Brier Creek over Thanksgiving. We are fortunate to be in a popular location which offers many activities and options, and our team works diligently to take care of our guests. This design option for Embassy Suites adds to the quietness of the guest suite tower, as you noted, despite the busy hotel. Breakfast does tend to get very busy toward the end of the service time on weekends, we can relate to sleeping in a bit longer when one can! You'll never have to worry about powdered eggs, and we look forward to having you as our guests during your next visit to Raleigh.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, it is great for the hotel and team to see such recognition and receive some real feedback from our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is top notch, 100% amazing!! I had my wedding guests stay in this hotel as I was getting married at Brier Creek Country Club and they all were saying how beautiful, comfortable and courteous every one was and how this hotel was above and beyond expectation!! But let's start from the beginning on how great this hotel actually is...

I have had the privilege of dealing with Nadia from the group booking department and her service was beyond phenomenal. She was nice, compassionate, and just so very kind that even when my parents missed the date to book in time, she squeezed them in there at the very last minute and SAVED the day! :)

When arriving, I met Kendrick, our new family member!! :) He was seriously the NICEST, most accomodating, kind person I have ever dealt with...EVER! This hotel is posh, and VERY NICE and it has The Umstead feel, but the service IS SO MUCH BETTER!! Kendrick was relatable, he was empathic, he seriously DESERVES A RAISE!! :) Even after our countless calls to the front desk for various things we forgot to pack, he was SO nice, and NEVER made us feel like we were bothering him. Never has my mother and father felt so comfortable, and my almost dying grandmother felt like she was at home. Kendrick had a lot to do with that! Kendrick was the brother from another mother!! :)

When leaving, Eric explain everything to me, and not clinically, but very sweetly and was super patient with me. Everything was disclosed to me in the beginning, but given that it was my wedding day...I was not really paying attention. Eric was SO incredibly gracious.

Finally, a quick shoutout to the shuttle driver. Thank you for being patient with my family as they used your services A TON while we were here. My grandmother felt so comfortable driving around with you that she didn't want me to drive her around anymore!! HAHAHAH! :)

Thank you Embassy Suites. Not only were you incredibly convenient to EVERYTHING that had to do with my wedding. You were conveinent to shopping, the freeway and the airport to make my wedding weekend completely seamless. If I remember anything about my wedding weekend is how wonderful your staff has been to myself and my family. :)

My now HUSBAND and I will be back. We were BLOWN away to the point that I signed up for Trip Advisor just so that I could review them! :)

Room Tip: Just ask. They are more than accomodating!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Susan B: thank you for not only taking the time to post this extended review of your experience at our hotel, but also for contacting me in person. We are lucky indeed to have such individuals as part of our team, and I can't tell you how happy and proud I am that they took such good care of you and your family - Nadiah, Kendrick, Eric and Steven really do show that hospitality is more than just a job or title, and our hotel team is better because of what they do in caring for our guests.
Congratulations on your wedding, please accept our thanks for selecting our hotel for your needs - we are thrilled to have helped to make the experience a little more memorable for this momentous occasion, and look forward to seeing you soon!
beatricepugzilla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Really hope this ES is the wy that the chain is going - this is not a typical Embassy. The lobby and common area is top notch - the rooms are up to date and match those of an upscale Hilton. I wish there were more Embassy's like this across the country!

Room Tip: They have a free airport shuttle
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear beatricepugzilla: We appreciate your sharing your observations on the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport / Brier Creek via TripAdvisor - thank you! Our hotel is the design option that is being used by about half the new Embassy Suites hotels under construction across North America; our interior design scheme is a custom feature though, hopefully we will continue to stand out in some ways. Modernizing and updating Embassy Suites everywhere, while maintaining the core benefits such as the complimentary breakfast, suite accommodations and Managers Reception, is a key strategy for the brand, we hope you enjoy those initiatives as you encounter them at Embassy hotels during your extensive travels.
Our complimentary airport shuttle also ferries guests to any of the local shopping and entertainment venues around the hotel; our neighborhood offers guests many activity options throughout the day. We look forward to your return visits, thank you!
Vonore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a large hotel near the Raleigh Durham Airport and very close to restaurants and shopping at the Briar Creek Shopping Center. The rooms are large and clean. A made to order omelet bar is the highlight of an included breakfast. Service is friendly, but I did not find the desk service at check in very informative when I asked questions about wireless internet service. My room had a large shower with an excellent water flow. One strange thing was the sink in the bathroom. It was quite shallow and was more for design than practicality. It did not drain very well and was really too shallow to wash your face or shave. Overall, it was a good clean place to stay with good amenities. I would definitely stay again when in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear TennesseeEd: Thank you for selecting the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport Brier Creek for your family. We are indeed in a location that offers many choices in dining, shopping and entertainment. I am glad to know that the suites were comfortable for you, and that you enjoyed the complimentary Embassy Suites breakfast with omelet bar. I am sorry to hear that we did not provide complete internet access information – we have both complimentary Internet access and paid very high-speed options, as well as several Internet enabled computers for guest use – I have made certain that our team is aware of the resources at their disposal. The vanity sink was indeed selected to match the contemporary look of the suite – while it is contoured to lessen splash, it can be less than optimal in some ways. Overall, it appears that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us, we thank you for posting your review, and look forward to having you as our guest soon!
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had another trip to Raleigh NC and book 2 nights here and ocne again the best you could ask for. Very, very friendly staff and the rooms are very clean. It is only a few mins. to the airport. I will be back very soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear bobit213: Welcome back to the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport / Brier Creek! We truly appreciate your return visit and your endorsement of the service provided by our staff and the hotel facilities. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and look forward to meeting your hospitality expectations on many future occasions – thank you!
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was stunned by my room! Modern clean design, light woods, white, hardwood floors and bedroom carpet. Great interior design beyond any Embassy Suites I've ever stayed at!

And the staff was friendly and accommodating. Room service food was excellent.

Do yourself a favor and if you need a hotel close to the airport, try this side and this hotel!

Room Tip: It seemed to me a very quiet hotel in all respects, and yet the lobby seemed active.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tom M: Thank you for posting your comments about our Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport / Brier Creek from your business trip to our location. I am thrilled to hear that you encountered friendly and accommodating service, that is our consistent goal at all times. We enjoy good reports from guests on both food quality and value, I will pass that along to our Food & Beverage team. As one of the newer design options for Embassy Suites, we were afforded the opportunity to create a contemporary design, and the separation of hotel tower and lobby atrium makes for a quieter guest suite environment – thank you for sharing that as well. Several of the newer Embassy Suites use variations on this design, we hope that you enjoy both lay-outs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Raleigh – our best to you during this holiday season and beyond!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel was very modern in its layout and conveniences and very clean. The staff was exceptional, especially Lona and Arthur, who were professional, hospitable, courteous, and funny, even very early in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear A S: thank you for posting your kind comments about Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport / Brier Creek - we appreciate your observation on the facility and our high level of cleanliness, and most especially your compliment to our staff. Lona and Arthur very dedicated to providing hospitality and caring for our guests and hotel, it does take a special individual to maintain that positive outlook and humor after working overnight - we are lucky to have them on our team.
We look forward to seeing you during future travels to this area from Canada, and thank you for selecting our hotel.

Been to Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek? Share your experiences!