“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Cedar Park
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Spent a night there, the hotel was very clean and the breakfast was pretty good, WIFI was free too. Close to NCSU but you need a car if you want to dine out, I think it's a great value to stay there, would choose again next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We welcome your return visit.

Cheers,

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This HI Express is only a few years old, so it is modern, clean, and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. There were multiple events going on and several big groups, but the hotel was extremely quiet. The hotel has an indoor pool and spa. I very much enjoyed getting in the spa at the end of the day. It also has a small fitness area. The location is very convenient to NC State and the downtown area. Additionally, it is right off of I-4O, aka the Raleigh Beltline, so it was very easy to jump on the interstate and get to other parts of Raleigh and Cary. I would highly recommend this location!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We share this philosophy with our parent company, IHG; “to create great hotels, guests love!” Thanks for the love, your recent accommodations, and high recommendations. See you soon.

Best regards,

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel was on our list during a recent business trip on hotels we could stay. It was very close to NCSU where our meeting were held. But above and beyond that it was a wonderful hotel. It was beautiful, most importantly CLEAN, and had a wonderful staff. Bill, the front desk attendant was wonderful, he was so sweet and nice. The bathrooms were very clean and the beds slept well. I very much enjoyed my experience and will most likely change my Raleigh hotel to the Holiday Inn Express NCSU! They also have a very nice/clean indoor pool & hot tub you can relax in after a long day of sitting in meetings.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We work hard to be your choice for lodging when you visit the greater Raleigh area. Rests assure it only gets better from here. We welcome your future business and are appreciative of your pass business.

In hospitality,

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I nit-pick rooms and I can truly say the king room we stayed in was very good. My only grievance was soap residue on the shower head and the really bright sleep button on the clock radio that was constantly on. Better than nearby Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Our goal is to please, even our toughest critics. Glad we passed. We are going to work on those small details, because as the saying goes, “the devil is in the details.” Thank you for your recent stay and your willingness to share your review.

Cheers,

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

First of all I would like to commend the Staff. Manager Milton is absolutely outstanding. I had some concerns about both my and family arrival times, I was flying in and they were driving, also accomodations. Left message Milton immediately called me back, helped me through the process and had rooms for us upon arrival. Milton was so wonderful and his Staff feels the same way. Bill was so wonderful in finding a place for me to eat, and the place he recommended served really good food. And I really enjoyed talking to him. Milton, Bill and Sherrie made us feel right at home. Breakfast was very good, rooms very clean, all staff were the Greatest. And yes if and when I return to Raleigh that is the place I would like to stay and would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I was always told that if you found a job you loved you would never work again. I find that so true. The staff and I find it so rewarding we can accommodate our guest’s needs. Your review will be discussed at our next meeting to encourage our staff to continue to do the little extras that makes a guest’s stay pleasant.

Hickory, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We came in for the NC State Fair, and I thought that I'd booked for 2 nights, but I booked just one. They were sold-out. Milton Hamilton, the General Manager, found us a room at another Holiday Inn Express, for the same rate, booked it for us and then gave us directions. I was so impressed with him! He was polite, friendly and helpful! I will remember this hotel for the next time that I'm in Raleigh!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
David Thomas once said, "Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls." Thank you for such a kind and noble review. I trust you all enjoyed NC State Fair and we hope to see you back soon!

Kindest regards,

Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Most of the time you can find one thing to complain about but not at this one!! Everything was perfect the hotel is clean!! Breakfast was great, bed was great and room was spotless!!! Hats off to the Managment and staff and thank you for making us feel as if we were staying at a friends house!!!----Gary Lexington N.C.

Stayed October 2013
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and this awesome review. One of the kindest things you can say to an hotelier is that we made you feel you were at home or at a friend's home. I am truly thankful for your review and hope we can accommodate you as such again soon!

In hospitality,

Milton Hamilton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW? Share your experiences!