“Solas is a sensual dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Glenwood and Tucker
Transit: The R Line: Glenwood Avenue at Tucker Street
Description: Solas Dine|Lounge|Rooftop. Unlike any other establishment in the Triangle, Solas offers three levels of dining and entertainment. Solas has a wonderful outdoor patio flowing into a warm inviting main dining room and bar area. The 2nd level transitions to an ultra-lounge with stunning decor, two private dining rooms, and low-profile seating around a dance floor that peeks into the first floor dining room. The Solas roof deck is an oasis escape with relaxing private lounge areas overlooking Glenwood South. The Solas ambiance is perfect for all your needs, from a first date to a business dinner in our private dining room to a relaxing evening with cocktails and champagne on the rooftop.
“Solas is a sensual dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

From the time you walk in the doors you know this will be a unique evening. From the high ceilings to the sheers suspended to divide the dining tables, the restaurant is huge but feels intimate. We shared a Hot Rock appetizer which was fun and interesting. Our entrée was the filet mignon which was so tender, it didn't require a steak knife. We took our server`s advice and tried the smores dessert which was delicious!
Everything just seemed sexy, the atmosphere, presentation of the food of each dish, which was artistically done. Solas is a definite do again!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Fort Drum, New York, United States
“Awesome club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Definitely will be back again. My friend told me about this place and we went. Great service nice decor and good dj. I was home on military leave and went on a wednesday night. The staff really took care of me for being military which is a huge plus. The drinks were pretty strong which is hard to find, even thought the drinks are small. Everything is pretty cheap compared to most places in raleigh which is another plus. It was packed for a wednesday night and i had a blast. The dj played the right songs at the right time so i was dancing (even though i cant dance well). Overall it was great and i will be back when home on leave

• Visited July 2012
stacibarfield, Manager at Solas, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hey Army Guy,

Thank you for coming out to Solas on your time off. We appreciate your patronage and your service to our country.

Please let me know the next time your at Solas so that I can introduce myself!

Lauren DeAlto
Solas Dine.Lounge. Roof

(919) 917-8663
raleigh, nc
“Food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I went wth two of my sister friends for dinner. We are in our early 50's but young at heart. The fod was good. We has the salad, grouper, hot rocks, asparagus, and grits. They did not have mascato so we went with white wine spritzers. They were ok. My only complaint was the waitstaff kept bugging us about removing our plates while we were still eating. The only other complaint would be the wait for the food and the small amount of bread they bring while you wait. You get into the club for free if you eat there (we were there on Saturday night). Kind of a young crowd and this night there was not a lot of soul present. Overall we had a good time and I would go there again.

“Well worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Went to Solas with a group from work. It has a great atmosphere food was good and service was excellent. They have a great wine list too. Our servers, Megan and Lauren (I think those were the names) were superb. Would definitely go back!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wedding/Reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I got married in April 2012 at Solas. I am a very detail orientated person, and I have an A-type personality. The product that Solas delivered more than met my expectations. Lauren was very helpful and answered emails and calls promptly. The day of our wedding, Lauren was an excellent coordinator and made sure everything ran smoothly. When I came to the venue on the day of my wedding, I did not have to do anything but step into my dress, everything was already done for me. My guests raved about the food and the overall experience.
Solas is not your typical wedding venue, but it is very contemporary and sophisticated. The customer service was top notch and the overall experience was even better. I cannot thank the Solas staff enough, particularly Lauren.

• Visited April 2012