“For the price they should have done much better.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oxford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 1,212 restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Martin St
Raleigh, North Carolina
“For the price they should have done much better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I work in Raleigh and frequent the Oxford at lunch. I was expecting much more than what I experienced during this Sunday brunch.

Food: the food was very good, as I would expect from this place. I love good breakfast buffets and this one was lovable. Made to order omelets, pancakes and waffles. Excellent breakfast meats, along with grits and specialties of the house.

Service: Buffet service is the easiest deal there is. Take & deliver the drink order, keep the beverages refilled and clear away unwanted dishes. This guy didn't get it I had to call him over three times to refill beverages and our used dishes piled up before he bothered to come by and get them. With unemployment in NC at the 9%+ mark, one would expect people to at least try.

Atmosphere: Despite the crowd not being very big, the hostess crowded us all together in one corner of the dining room, even the large and noisy group of people, so it felt like eating in a cafeteria.

Value: These might be minor complaints in some people's eyes except they charge $15 a person for this buffet + beverages and this is supposed to be an upscale place.

I'll sum it up with 2 words: Do better.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Swansboro , NC
“Excellent Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I ate here because it was so close to our downtown hotel. The food was great! We were really surprised to have such good food in a place that didn't advertise as a fine dinning restaurant. We both had the Filet special and it was incredible!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangor, PA
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Unique menu, great food, friendly staff. The decor was different and easily accomodating to a group or quiet dinner for two.

Visited October 2012
Raleigh, NC
“Late-night service is terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The late night service is really horrible here. I understand there are a million drunk people, but when I sit down for a late night meal, I expect to at least be greeted within 20 minutes. It took them forever to bring our food, never got any drink refills. When I wanted to close out my bar tab, I basically had to stand on the bar waving my arms for 45 minutes just to get my credit card back. If I ever return (not likely), I'll be paying cash and not eating dinner.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“BRUNCH!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

i love this place for drinks. it has a great casual atmosphere for hanging with your buddies. but, i love the sunday brunch even more. it is amazing. they have such an eclectic group of food. everything from an omelet and waffle station, to fried chicken, to a carving station, to traditional english dishes, to the most amazing desserts. they've been getting busier lately, so i recommend a reservation for brunch.

Visited August 2012