“Great Location - No Real Complaints - Will Return again soon!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #42 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Great Location - No Real Complaints - Will Return again soon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

We stayed here over night for a business meeting one evening in March. Great location - very close to the Guitar Center & Sam Ash Music. A short drive to any other RDU locations. We will return for sure. Breakfast had no meat offering but otherwise was standard. Room were standard and staff was nice but never saw a desk clerk in the morning, even throughout our breakfast. I will be returning to Raleigh once a month over the next 12 months and will have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baraboo, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

The young man at the front desk was very nice but seemed as though he must have been new. It took quite a while to get checked in and he announced my room number to me because they were out of key card envelopes. As a young woman who travels alone frequently, I was uncomfortable with the fact any people around would have had my room number if they were listening.

I was checking in with little time to shower after traveling and get to a concert before it started...Cold water in the shower...I didn't have time to report it...I just choose to deal as it was a holiday (new year's eve) and I knew the front desk was busy.

The room was spacious and I loved the balcony...I think if I hadn't been in such a rush I wouldn't have minded the cold shower/slow check in because over-all the hotel seemed very nice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I came to raleigh to attend a concert with my fiance and our good friend. We chose this hotel based on price and location. The reviews weren't bad either. When we went to the building where our room was I immediately noticed my one major problem with our room. The hallway boasted a prominent cigarette smell. The room itself had an even stronger smoke smell which I have a major problem with. It was advertised as nonsmoking but smoking had obviously taken place ion there. Aside from that the room was very clean. The area was very quiet. The front desk was very helpful and we were never bothered during our stay. The free continental breakfast was nothing more than juice, milk, bagels, and cereal really but that's not a big deal. Overall a decent hotel I wouldn't mind staying in again as long as the smoke smell was cleared up.

• Stayed December 2010
East Orange, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We are moving here to raleigh so we came for the weekend of Nov 18-20 to check out apartments. We had made reservations online. When we first got here we stopped one of the maids to see if we were at the right place she spoke no english. We left that saturday and I forgot my robe and grown on the back of the bathroom door but I didn't know until we got back to New Jersey. So sunday morning I called and ask if the maid found it and they said they would call me back, no one call back. I will never stay there again, they have a price list in the room if you take items out of the room they will charge you for it but they can't call you to tell you that you left something in the room it is not like they don't have your information , I was very disappointed that just let me know that you have thieves working there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights on a recent trip to Raleigh. We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. We found the hotel clean and very quiet. We enjoyed having a balcony off the room. The pillows were nice and soft. Air conditioner got VERY cold very quickly, which my husband loved. I have three complaints, two minor, one not so minor. First and minor: While they give you complimentary shampoo, there is no conditioner! Second and minor: in room coffee, while it is Wolfgang Puck brand, is terrible, and I mean terrible. Third and not so minor: while hotel is "pet friendly," there is a $50 non-refundable pet deposit. I felt that $89 already bordered on being too much this hotel, which is not your new, plush, hotel, without paying an additional $50 for a pet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

- I accidentally left a laptop hard drive there, and they told me that I did not. I only called them after thoroughly searching every inch of my home and car twice, and I know I brought it into the hotel. They stole my hard drive.

-I called ahead to ask about checking in early. They told me it would be fine after 12pm. I arrived at 12:45 pm and they told me I could not check in until 2.

-They connected an extension cord to a lamp cord in such a way that the connection was wedged between the wall and my mattress.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
BWRaleigh, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
I'm sorry for the you trouble you experienced with your stay. As far as your missing hard drive. I can assure you my staff has been trained on how to handle any lost and found items. Please feel free to contact the hotel again, even though we can not be responsible for items left behind, I would love to be of assistance with searching lost and found again for your missing item.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Located on Capital Blvd just North of downtown. Always has clean room with a decent breakfast... fruit & yogurt along with the normal fair of carbohydrates. Easy access to freeways and the State offices accross the street.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Raleigh North-Downtown? Share your experiences!