“Helpful, friendly staff. Not one of the best, but served its purpose well.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)

You added Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Hampton Woods Lane, Raleigh, NC 27607   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Ohio
“Helpful, friendly staff. Not one of the best, but served its purpose well.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Nice, quiet hotel, friendly staff. A little by itself, one gas station in front, another building down the way a bit. Nothing else right next door. Ended up driving a few miles for restaurants. Front desk provided long list of restaurants/shopping with directions. Hotel is easy to find, directly off the highway (I-40) so good access to other things.
Comfy clean room, had a king suite with couch, microwave, fridge. Bright parking lot. Basic breakfast, nice seating area outside with cushioned chairs. Woke up to a storm, so I didn't get to enjoy that. There was a small shop next to the front desk to purchase food/drink/toiletries. Fitness center was outside in a separate building next to the pool - still very close to the hotel entrance. Pool was very small, but only two people there, so plenty of room for a quick dip. I think there was a coin laundry available at this hotel -2 washers and dryers.
Slow computers (2 available outside lobby area), froze up a lot; printer also was not working. Front desk staff did spend time trying to troubleshoot, with no luck. Shower pressure in room was good, but water took a long time to warm up. As I started to fume about the cool shower after a long day, the hot water started flowing. First floor is being renovated, so half was blocked off for the workers. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
loopsie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

During my six day stay at this hotel in April 2009, I was perfectly pleased with everything at the hotel. Beds are very comfortable. All staff is very friendly and helpful. Several times we asked for advice on dining out. Every recommendation was excellent. Breakfast and happy hour are very pleasant. Loved having breakfast on the patio. The hotel is very clean and so comfortable. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights due to training at the nearby McKimmon Center. My room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. I was on the first floor. There are train tracks nearby. I heard the train come by at the latest at 9 pm and at the earliest at 6:30 am. But, it wasn't too much of a problem. The breakfasts were really good and the woman working the breakfast bar was helpful and friendly. It is a short, easy trip to the McKimmon Center. The gym, however, left a little to be desired. Both of the treadmills were old.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte, Nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

What a wonderful place to stay. We arrived in the evening. There was a fire in the gas fireplace. With snow outside it looked so nice and cozy inside. We had a room with 2 double beds. They were so comfortable. The room also had a small fridge and microwave. There was a nice comfy chair in the room. Breakfast was nice too. There were plenty of places to sit and eat. If we ever have to come back this way and need a place to stay, we will stay here. There is a gas station next to the hotel which has a small store inside. It was handy to stop and get something to drink before going to the hotel.

• Liked — breakfast eating area with the fireplace on was very nice
  • Disliked — beds need to be alittle wider
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

We arrived around 1 a.m. after a very long flight, and honestly I just wanted a bathroom and a clean bed. The price was so low that I wasn't expecting much more than that, but was more than pleasantly surprised.

The room was a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen, living area bedroom and a HUGE HUGE bathroom with a whirlpool tub and 2 fluffy terry robes, good lighting and plenty of room to put all my hair stuff, etc. without crowding. The bed was comfy with quality sheets, etc.

My husband and I both said what a shame we couldn't stay a little longer to take advantage of the imenities.

Also, it was very clean and quiet - we never heard a sound from outside or other guests.

We will definitely stay at the Hampton Inn Cary on our next trip to Raleigh.

• Liked — Cleanliness, and the bathroom
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend visit to Raleigh. I booked this hotel based on reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The location was convenient to catch any freeway to anywhere in North Carolina. The rooms were great. If we had one complaint the double beds in our room were small. But in their defense, we booked late so the king bed rooms were already reserved. Each room had a mini-refrigerator and microwave. The bathrooms were nice and showers had massage heads that came in handy after a long day of touring. We were there when Tropical Storm Hanna came through and the room was so quiet we never woke up! They also had a great little area with continental breakfast and some hot items. They were just enough to start the day and they were always fresh. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Liked — Location, services and staff
  • Disliked — forgot how small double beds were!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
paulav
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I have traveled with my work for years, and always stay at a Hilton family hotel. This was the best Hampton Inn in which I have ever stayed! The people went beyond the call of duty, helping me with my luggage, making sure I had all the information I needed for local area. It was by far the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. I am a clean freak, clean bathtub before I use it, spray everything with Lysol, wear socks the entire time I am in room, will not touch bed spread, etc. So when I say it was the cleanest, it means a lot! I asked if it was a new place and was so surprised to hear it was 9 yrs. old. I asked if it had been recently renovated, and they said no, they have always kept it up. It is also very beautiful in the lobby and the rooms are very spacious and very quiet. They had a manager's reception every evening, with wine, beer, appetizers and pasta-very nice treat. Good breakfasts with everything you could want. There was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker in room. I di not utilize the fitness room, but another traveler said it was nice. I am in the Raleigh area about 3-4 times a yr., and cannot wait to go back.

• Liked — Staff, cleanliness, nice lobby
  • Disliked — Nothing negative to say.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)? Share your experiences!