“very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aldan, Pennsylvania
“very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Nice place, friendly staff . clean, liv room area wasnt as big as the photos make it appear. bedroom walls are a bit thin, didnt enjoy waking up to hear couple in next room moaning and such.... other than that nice place, and food area was nice too.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ocean City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

Ok stay loved the landscape setting beautiful entrance and breakfast was good, Excellent service from the guest service representative. The hiccups were I stayed in the 2 bedroom suite first of all it smelt like mildew when I first entered the room had ladybugs flying around the room it was absolutely discouraging It was about 6 ladybugs I had to kill. The room was nice and spacious but those two hiccups were huge to me nice hotel but needs a little work.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Devonshire Parish, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

I reviewed Homewood Crabtree before, but I had to write again because this time I used more of the amenities. I usually travel with my personal laptop, but on this stay I left my computer home and used Homewood's complimentary business center. There were 3 computers with a fax/printer/copier. Perfect. When I checked in it was quick and when I made my reservation I was able to only secure a queen bed one-bedroom suite with a sofa bed. I figured this was due to St. Augustine's College homecoming or seeing that the NC State Fair was opening, but at check-in I was given a one bedroom suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Perfect again and the room smelled so fresh when I went in and the second day after returning from shopping the room was cleaned up and smelled fresh again. Perfect.

I also had Homewood's complimentary breakfast: bacon, sausage, eggs, hash potatoes, sweet pastries, jelly, cream cheese, peanut butte, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc. But the icing on the cake at Homewood was the evening Manger's Reception from 5:30 to 7pm. This night (Thursday) there was southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans with salad. Amazzzzing, hats off to the chef. Homemade sweet tea, lemonade, wine and beer were also complimentary. And even better the serving staff routinely visited tables in the lounge area checking in with us (guests) to see if everything was satisfactory. Staff you are fabulous.

A Homewood Crabtree re-cap:
Clean comfortable rooms with comfy beds, flats screen TVs in the bedroom and living area, full kitchen with microwave and cookware/utensils, pool area with BBQ grills, fitness center, lounge area, free business center, ample parking, free breakfast, free snack in the evening, convenient location behind Crabtree Valley Mall.

Homewood is perfect. Keep up the good work. I will always stay with you in Raleigh.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Please let me preface my review by saying what a great area the hotel is located in and also how neat the property looks upon driving up and even entering the lobby. The suites themselves were nicely appointed with everything being rather clean and decorative. Still, the BEDS are HORRENDOUS. We stayed in room 518 and oh my gosh...if you just knock against the bed it shakes and you can feel every single spring in the mattress. The bed was so bad that I got up and slept on the sleeper sofa which was MUCH better than the wobbly, springy beds. I am not one to need a cushy pillow top mattress, extra firm mattress or anything like that. I merely need not to be poked by springs when I am asleep or climbing into bed.

We frequent Raleigh a lot because my husband is originally from the area. We also love visiting the pumpkin patch at Hill Ridge Farms and the State Fair in the fall. This is the perfect area to be centrally located to the airport, RTP, Wake Forest and basically all the places we visit when we are there. I would sooo love to call this my hotel of preference but I don't think I can based on the beds we encountered. Crabtree is in a great area and has a great mall. Unfortunately, Homewood Suites Crabtree lacks reasonably acceptable beds and for that reason we may not return.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

On our way back home from the "Memorial Day" haul, we stayed a night at this property. We made a reservation for a one bedroom suite and because I am hilton Diamond member, we asked for an upgrade. It was promptly provided after telling us that it is a smoking room but hey, who doesn't want a two bedroom two bath suite when travelling with kids? The room was spacious and clean and everything was working except the air conditioner. Since it was a cool September night, it worked for us but should not have happened in the first place. At least one of the phone headset also had some serious sound problems. Other than these things, a very good property indeed. My wife loved it because it was almost across the street from the mall.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We have stayed here before, which is why we keep coming back. The front desk staff are helpful, knowledgable and friendly. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and the breakfast bar is complete. Another excellent stay for us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

This was our second stay at this hotel. The desk staff has been very friendly each visit. The staff in the breakfast area are nice and keep the foods hot and plentiful.

The pool area is very nice. It had just rained and when it cleared we headed to the pool. There were not towels (brought in prior to rain?) - call the desk and someone brought a huge stack of towels for people to use. He then walked around and asked if anyone needed anything - rare "extra step" nowdays!

Rooms are very up-to-date - plush bedding and large flat panel TV's. Well equiped kitchen too!

I booked my room via priceline hotel (just happened to get the same hotel two years in a row) at much more than 1/2 of published rate! Hotel was very quick to change my online reservation to confirm double beds!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh Crabtree Valley? Share your experiences!