“N/A” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1209 Plainview Drive, at New Bern Ave, Raleigh, NC 27610   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #67 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The pictures shown are far from accurate. We did not stay in a suite, but I highly doubt they looked any better than the disgusting room we were given (kicking myself for not taking pictures). The first thing I noticed upon checking in was the sanitation score 89%. The bed and sheets looked pretty clean but questionable. There was a cushioned window seat with the fabric severely stained. The mini fridge had some sort of yellow/orange stuff on the freezer ice area. The shampoo was an obviously used bottle filled with nothing but water!! The toilet seat was dirty, and the floor was as well. Aside from the awful appearance of the place, the employees seemed to have no idea about the concept of customer service. The desk clerk did his job, but with absolutely no enthusiasm and I do believe he was the only desk clerk employed by the hotel. The people who clean the rooms knocked on the door around 9:30 asking if we planned on checking out that day (check out is at 11), which I feel they should be aware of how long a guest may be staying. They proceeded to bang about, slamming doors outside our room until we left. At the front there was a so called "security door" which was supposed to be locked after 10:30 PM, however we strolled in around 1:30 AM without using our key card. Definitely cheaper than other hotels in the area, but next time I will pay the extra $20-$30. Hope I am not riddled with disease after this experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Made a reservation online and got there they couldnt find it so he decided to charge me 20.00 dollars than what it was showing online when I should him this on my computer he said that was the cheapest he would do it for and if I wanted it cheaper I would have to go online and pay for it so I did that. Then then son that appeared to be about 15yrs old gave us room keys that didnt work we kept going back to the office. Finally after 30 mins we got in. went outside to get a drink and it was yellow tape every where something about a shooting.Needless to say I wont be back the customer service was a 2-3 at best and thats being nice.

• Stayed November 2011
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I hate to be too harsh on this hotel because it is really cheap and I wasn't expecting much however I would not stay here again and spend the extra $20 or $30 for another hotel in the area. The guy at the front desk wasn't rude but he wasn't overly helpful either but he was okay. The room was okay. The bed seemed cleaned and I felt okay about sleep in it. It did sort of dip in the middle so my husband and I rolled towards each other but overall it wasn't a bad nights sleep. I've slept on worse mattresses. I didn't really want to walk around the room without shoes on. It looked sort of clean but didn't feel clean if that makes any sense. The walls are paper thin and you could hear every door slam and everyone who was talking in the hallway or in the next room over. Luckily we were in a room at the end of the hall. We asked the front desk to call a cab for us and they called this company that showed up with no markings on the car and no meter. We refused to get in not sure if it was real or not. So then they sent a car with a magnet on the side...at least this guy made more of effort to look legit. He definitely wasn't but he didn't seem like he was going to kill us or anything so we used him. I would recommend researching and calling your own cab. What we really didn't like about this hotel and why we would probably spend more on another hotel was the other people staying there were extremely shady and we did not feel safe. But that's what you get when you stay at a cheap hotel so all in all it served it's purpose...a place to crash for a few hours. If that's all you need and you don't want to spend a little more money for a nicer place then it might be okay for you.

Room Tip: Get one at the end of the hall so at least you only have to share a wall with one room rather than 2...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Same quality hotel as I had in Gatlinburg as far as comfort goes. Only problem I had was I had a lousy view.(:~(

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very conveniently located--close to airport, dining and walking distance to outlet mall. Very clean. Utilitarian, but nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh? Share your experiences!