“Amazing View! Beer OK...and Bugs!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #317 of 1,212 restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Cleveland
“Amazing View! Beer OK...and Bugs!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went to the Boylan Bridge Brewpub on Friday night and the view was amazing! I loved that we could sit right on the street and also have a great view of downtown. They had the beer listed on a chalkboard on the patio and our server was pretty good. I tried the stout & the porter, and another in our party also tried Endless Summer. The beer was decent, I've had better and I wish there would have been a little more variety. Personally I liked the porter best. My only complaint was the HUGE cockroaches and the insane amount of slugs crawling on the brick walls!! (I've attached pics!) My husband set his beer on the wall and found a slug working its way up his cup. We didn't want t keep our feet on the ground due to the cockroaches running around.. so gross! Aside from that though, I would return here. We didn't eat there, which would be nice to try during a day visit, but I would be back for the view alone!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

61% Recommend
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Agreed! Service not so great”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great view but the service is a little strange sometimes. Not sure if the guys that work here are in the right line of work.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Great views but poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

*3.5 stars*As far as food/service goes, this place deserves 2-3 stars. But when combined with the location, the ambiance, and the delicious beer...I've upped it to 3.5. I had both the Southbound Stout and the Bruno Bitter which I enjoyed thoroughly both. The Summer Ale was okay. They have this incredible sampler/flight of beers which I was planning on trying and just never got around to it.

They were quite accomodating with a large group, I'd say we probably waited around 30 minutes or so for a large group of 12 on a very busy Saturday. Not too bad. It appeared that their beer tours get pretty filled up so I think it's advisable to make some reservations in advance.

The food: It was okay. My salad was boring and uninspired. My husbands chicken-pot-pie could have been frozen, who knows. HOWEVER, my pretzel with beer and cheese dip was amazing. Everyone at the table wanted some and everyone complemented on how tasty it was.

The service was kinda 1-2 star-ish. I mean, they didn't split the checks, so we numbered all the items for them. Even doing the work for them, it still took around 45 minutes to pay out our checks. They require a 300$ deposit for a large party... and for 12 of us, I don't think our total check topped that and we were boozing pretty decent... so... 300$ seems like a stretch. Food came out spastically, randomly, with the wrong sides/fries etc but luckily everyone was good natured about it and we all just ate when it came rather than let food get cold as we waited upwards of 15 minutes for the rest of the meals to come out.

So, if you go, I'd sit outside most definately (the interior has no personality), have a few brews, and order the pretzel with beer/cheese dip. If you follow those instructions you'll probably have a pretty decent experience.

Visited June 2013
raleigh
“the worst service ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

they just cant get it together on how to treat paying customers and their beer isn't that great! its too bad bc it is such a great place but I know so many people that will not go bc of their service and attitude.

Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Brew with a View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

On a warm spring or summer day, there is no better spot to enjoy food, friends and beer than the deck at Boylan Bridge Brewpub. We had the Oriental wrap and the black bean burger on this visit, but have never had a bad meal or a disappointing draft in all of our many lunches at the Boylan. Don't miss the Boylan Brown or the summer seasonal ale. And the view? Best skyline vista in Raleigh.

• Visited May 2013