Stayed here for one night as a romantic getaway. Our room on the 6th floor looked out over the 440 beltline. The hotel is nice enough, but the location has some problems, as I will discuss below. Next time we will stay elsewhere.
1. Location is convenient to shopping, restaurants, and the movie theater in the North Hills shopping area. (Try Mura if you like sushi.)
2. Friendly staff.
3. Decent breakfast buffet.
1. The hotel is right next to the 440 beltline, which is busy 24 hours a day. The constant traffic noise interrupted our sleep.
2. Because the hotel is in a big, popular shopping area, parking can be difficult.
3. Mattress was too soft. This is personal preference, of course, but I was wishing that I was at home in my own bed.
4. The foam pillows were huge and very uncomfortable. This is another personal preference item, but it would be nice to have alternative pillows in the closet. We had to call the front desk and ask for smaller feather pillows to be delivered.
5. The bathroom door was a sliding door that did not close all the way and could not be locked. When closed as far as it would go, there was still a 2-inch gap. This is a serious privacy issue (visually, acoustically, etc.) if you are sharing the room with someone else.
6. The Italian restaurant in the hotel is not very good. If you want good Italian close by, try Vivace instead.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
- Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel Raleigh
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Renaissance Raleigh North Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.