“Love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
NC
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I have stayed a couple of times at this hotel for a local "date night" and it is a great hotel in a great location. The rooms are very nice/clean/quiet, service is exceptional, and it is convenient to a lot of restaurants and shops. Parking is free (there is a charge if you use the valet). We have not eaten in the hotel restaurant but this last stay we did try the Mia Francesca for Sunday brunch (I believe they are not a part of the hotel - just located attached to it) which was really good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
jolena28,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our tam. We look forward to seeing you and your husband again!

Truly yours,
Richard Rose, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Roxboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Very Nice place to stay. Will go back again......I planned for a night for my boyfriend for his birthday, he was totally blown away. I did get the Romance Package with I will not get that again. I came with a cheap bottle of Champagn and 6 small pieces of chocolates, but other that that the hotel was great.

CherylP411,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. My apologies for the issue you had with the Romance Package, thanks for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I don't stay at a lot of Renaissance's (I think this is my 3rd one) but I was very happy with this stay. The hotel is nice, clean, quiet and in a great location. I usually travel for business but this was a one night getaway with my wife and we were both very happy. Couple of interesting things:

1. The "hotel gym" is a very large health club right out the front door and complimentary for guests. Way better than what you usually get at a hotel.
2. There is a very nice running/walking path about 1/2 mile walk from the hotel.
3. The North Hills Mall location is great. Lots of nice restaurants and shopping. Great location. If you like sushi, definitely recommend Mura's restaurant.

EJG4,
Thank you for your review and recommendation!  We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night away from the kids and love it. Great location with great surrounding restaurants

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mac W,
Thank you very much for your review; it’s great to know you enjoyed the hotel and we can’t wait to see you again!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have stayed here twice in the past 60 days and both times it has not disappointed. The rooms are nice and even nicer if you get a room on the 9th floor (robe, better toiletries, and docking station for your iPod). The TV in the bathroom mirror is awesome if it takes you forever to get ready like me! the bed is very comfortable and if you get a room overlooking the mall it is very pretty. The gym is a real gym, not a little hotel gym and the same goes for the spa. Walking distance to everything so we never ate at the hotel with so many great surrounding restaurants. We will definitely stay here again but only when the hotel is running a special. It's a little pricey.

• Stayed May 2012
Sunnymosmiles,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!

All the best,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

located in upscale shopping mall so plenty of free parking and multiple restaurants to choose from. Attached to a fitness center (free) and indoor pool with swimming lanes (non existtent outside of Florida) Rooms well lit and well structured for computer use. Giant TV, Bathroom w/ shower enclosed in glass. Noneed to step up to enter shower. Shower also has pulsating outlets. Downside: Buffet breakfast is expensive and there is no option. i.e. If you want eggs and toast you are out of luck. Very friendly staff. I heard this was ranked No. 7 in Raleigh and I am skeptical there are 6 better than this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Charles M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

You can't get a better location than this hotel if you want to stroll the shops at North Hills.

I arrived early, received the worst room in the house, came back down a couple of hours later to see if something better had opened up and inquired, again, if they had my Marriott Gold #. Finally, i got a different person at the front desk who took the time to look me up to see that i should have been upgraded not put in the worst room. She immediately changed my room to a higher and less noisy floor and gave me my access to the concierge level. The concierge staff were outstanding, especially the afternoon lady!! Also, the offerings in the concierge room were outstanding.

The bed was so-so. The maid staff did a terrible job of making the bed and the pillows were hard. the bathroom had blood fingerprints all over the wall but the vanity had plenty of room to spread out. There was also a walk-in shower (huge plus). Towels, however, were think and could use improvement. There was a TV built into the mirror but hard to see unless you turned the light off.

I was there on business and if i return again for business i will likely return here simply because of the location. The hotel though is simply OK.

Room Tip: ask for middle facing shops on high floor.