“Clean, Great Value, Descent FREE Food & Mobile Bar - Priceless” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #27 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Virginia
“Clean, Great Value, Descent FREE Food & Mobile Bar - Priceless”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at The Hampton Inn Raleigh in July 2012 for a business trip and was Very Impressed! The staff was very nice and professional, the free dinners were surprisingly good and of course breakfast is ALWAYS good at the Hampton Inn! The rooms were clean and made up nice and neat with a wonderful creation in the bathroom.

Great Job Hampton Inn Raleigh, sorry it took so long to plug your efforts!! Happy holidays

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hamptoncapital, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear jerrybvlakes,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North when you are in the Raleigh, NC area. We truly appreciate having you as a loyal guest. Thank you, also, for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and for sharing your comments with other TripAdvisor members.

I am so glad to hear that we've been able to consistently deliver great experiences for you at our hotel. I will be certain to share your comments with our staff so that they will know that our guests recognize it when they're provided with such great service. I also am glad to hear that you not only enjoy our free On the House hot breakfast, but our weekday Manager's Receptions as well.

Thank you, again, for making the choice to be our guest at the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North. We hope that you will be able to return to our area again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bobby234
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Simple 2 night business trip arrived to a parking lot with nearly no lighting and a host of tractor trailers using the guest spots to support the renovation the hotel was undergoing. Front desk was fine and the checkin went smooth however the room was nothing to write home about. This hotel just lacked any refinement that you would expect for 100/night. And the breakfast was typical cold and nasty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hamptoncapital, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Bobby234,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North by filling out a review on TripAdvisor. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us and with other TripAdvisor members is genuinely appreciated.

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. I apologize that you feel that you did not receive a good value for the price that you paid. I also am truly sorry for all of the inconveniences that were caused by the fact that our hotel's lobby area is currently under construction. I hope that you will be able to return to our hotel following our renovations to enjoy the finished product that we are striving for at this time.

With your input, we can constantly monitor and change our product to maintain the high standards of quality and performance that have become a Hampton Inn tradition. It was indeed our pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were there last weekend for a soccer tournament. After an 8 hour drive from Maryland (horrible traffic in our area!), we finally arrived at 10:30 p.m. My husband checked in and we went to our room with our two sons. When we got to the 2nd floor, I realized it didn't smell your typical Hampton Inn clean. We went to our room and the same thing. But it was so late. We went to bed and while it says the linens had been washed, I wasn't so sure. The next morning, my husband said that when he woke up during the night and turned over, he thought he smelled cigarette smoke. On Saturday we were out for the majority of the day. In the evening, I stayed behind while the team went out. I was getting ready to wash soccer uniforms when I really started smelling cigarette smoke. It was all over. I asked at the front desk, and after some confusion as to which room we were in, the desk clerk confirmed that we were indeed not only on a smoking floor, but a smoking room!!!! Despite the fact that our reservation (which I had in hand) stated nonsmoking. They were sold out for the night (tournament), so they could not switch our room. However, while he was very nice, he did not offer to do anything for us. It was a difficult night with all of us being very uncomfortable. I was almost sick to my stomach due to the smell. We put towels in front of our door and kept our bathroom door closed because there was a vent in our shower/tub area in which the smoke smell was pouring through. We had to be at our field early, so we checked out early. Thank goodness we had a couple of hours outside to clear our heads before getting in our car for the 4.5 hour trip home to Maryland. Most of our clothing/other items smelled like cigarette smoke and we're still doing laundry at home. It was horrible. My husband explained what happened to the front desk when we checked out and they graciously took off the Saturday night charge for us to compensate us. Could not explain why we ended up with a smoking room, but we were satisfied with the outcome. I am sure the other rooms are just fine - we were pleased with the size of the room and bathroom, except for it being smoking. Just remember to avoid the 2nd Floor unless you smoke!

The breakfast was good, but basic - cereals, waffle maker, hard boiled eggs on Sunday, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, bagels, pastries and muffins. The coffee was really good and always fresh in the lobby!

The property is located in a convenient area - lots of shopping and restaurants. Great for us as we were only 4 miles from the WRAL Soccer Complex!

We would stay there again!

Room Tip: Second floor for smokers! We were on the back side of the hotel - it was quiet!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear AntiqueBoxes,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Hampton Inn Raleigh Capital Blvd. - North by filling out a review on TripAdvisor. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us and with other TripAdvisor members is genuinely appreciated.

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Hampton Inn brand. I was sorry to hear that you were given a smoking room during your stay with us, and I sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences it caused for you and your family. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

It was indeed our pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hampton Inn Raleigh Capital Blvd. - North.

Oahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is your typical Hampton. Decent bed and breakfast. The front desk is exceptional. One woman who I didn't get her name is always smiling and cheerful. It's amazing how such a small gesture goes a long way!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hamptoncapital, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear zeke7788,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North. We appreciate that you made that decision, as well as that you chose to share you experience with our hotel with other TripAdvisor members.

We always enjoy hearing about how a member of our staff has done something to directly impact a guest's satisfaction. I will be sure to print your review and post it for all of our Guest Services Representatives to see. Thank you for letting us know what makes a stay great for you!

I hope that you will be able to return again soon to the Raleigh, NC area. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North!

Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We generally stay at Hampton inns as they offer good value and we always enjoy the free breakfast. This one however had a few minor drawbacks. It was not as clean as it could be, the elevators are not near the main lobby as they usually are and the layout of the breakfast area was jumbled to say the least.

Room Tip: We learnt at the front desk that cars had been broken into in their parking lot so be forewarned!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
hamptoncapital, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Brit022,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Hampton Inn Raleigh Capital Blvd. - North by filling out a property survey. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Hampton Inn brand. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced due the location of our elevators and the layout of our breakfast bar. I also apologize that you found our hotel to have a level of cleanliness that is far less than that of our normally high standards. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Greeneville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I brought a group to Raleigh on a trip for church-related business. This Hampton Inn was one of the hotels recommended to us because of its proximity to the church where we were meeting. As a Hilton Honors member, I immediately selected the Hampton for our stay. For simplicity's sake, our group (10 people) just booked their own rooms. We stayed for only 1 night.

I chose to get a Deluxe room (suite) with a whirlpool tub for my wife and I to relax a little on a very busy and tiring trip.

The room was clean, the bed and all the furnishings were comfortable, and the whirlpool tub was large and comfortable. The breakfast was standard continental affair, but it was good.

The challenges we experienced were:

1. TV REMOTE - There was only 1 television remote for the two TVs in the room, and it did not control the on-screen commands for the hotel entertainment system. (I figured out a way around this issue that required either manually entering channel numbers or changing the channel on the TV itself) I called guest services after we discovered this issue and the gentleman said he would send up another remote. After waiting over an hour, we had to leave to get to a meeting. Returning late that night, I was too tired to press the issue.

2. TOILET - This is a bit of a unique issue, and it may have just been in this one particular room. The toilet was placed in a very small alcove in the bathroom. It was slightly off center, and, with the toilet paper holder protruding from the wall, trying to be seated on the "throne" was impossible without being pushed up against the TP roll and still sitting crooked. (I'm an average size man) This seems like a small issue, but it's a detail I would expect to have been noticed and addressed.

3. BATHROOM - The bathroom itself is small. This isn't a complaint as much as it is just information on the layout of the suite with the whirlpool. The whirlpool takes up so much space resulting in the bathroom being condensed, hence the small alcove for the toilet and additionally the shower is also small (stand up, no tub). Trying to function at the sink/counter in the bathroom is nearly impossible with the door open.

4. NOISY PLUMBING - This was my main issue. The plumbing from the room above us (assuming it was an identical suite) was very noisy. When the people above us ran water (presumably filling their whirlpool), it created so much noise in our room that we were forced to turn up the TV to hear the show we were watching. As you can imagine, it takes a while for the tub to fill, so their water ran for a long time in the three separate incidents this occurred... The last two happening between 11:00pm and 1:00am. It was loud/abrasive enough as well to keep me awake. Certainly the people above us had every right to use their tub whenever they wanted, but someone should address this water noise issue.

All this being said, I would probably return to this hotel when back in the area, but I would not pay the additional cost for a room with a whirlpool, or maybe not even for a suite again. I know this is a profitable room for the hotel, so I would hope they would consider these issues and resolve them.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
hamptoncapital, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear TnMountain,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Hampton Inn brand. I was sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with one of our whirlpool suites. Thank you for making such specific suggestions for improvement. I will discuss each of these issues with our engineering team. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband had a business trip and I tagged along. The Hampton Inn met all of our needs. The room was sizable and comfortable. We had complimentary wine in the lobby. The breakfast provided was perfect - lots of quick choices, accommodating our busy schedule. The workout facility was much nicer than many chain hotels. We were given a very late checkout which was a big help to us. The staff was friendly. The hotel was clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
hamptoncapital, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Dear vacplanner,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North. I am so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you, also, for taking the time to share you experiences with our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your online review.

Our spacious rooms, up-to-date fitness facilities, complimentary hot breakfast, and Manager's Receptions are big hits with a lot of our guests! I am happy, also, to hear that we were able to send you away with a smile by being able to accommodate your needs with a late check-out. I love that my staff members will do everything within their power to make our guests happy!

I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Raleigh, NC - maybe even for a pleasure trip next time! I invite you to contact me at the hotel if there's ever anything I can do to make a future stay even more comfortable.

Patrick Twomey

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North? Share your experiences!