“NICE STAFF” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Buffalo, New York
“NICE STAFF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Loved the staff. The rooms where clean and maid service was good. I thought this was a very nice stay. The front desk woman don't remember her name but she was a hoot. Loved the fresh baked cookies too. Thanks from the WNY Sting Softball team.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Rooms were updated & clean. Plenty of parking and close to restaurants, gas, shopping and airport. Complimentary breakfast area became very busy at 7:30 am and certain food & beverage items were slow to be replenished.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
hamptoncapital, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Dear motherearth54,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North. We appreciate that you took the time to share feedback from your stay with us and with other TripAdvisor members.

I am glad that you found our employees to be friendly and efficient! Our staff takes great pride in always maintaining a hospitable, welcoming attitude with our guests and I will be certain to share your review title with them! I am sorry for any inconvenience that was caused by the delay in replenishing items on our breakfast bar during your stay with us. As our breakfast offerings become more and more varied, we will continue enhancing our support our breakfast staff to improve our guests' experiences in that area of our hotel.

Again, thank you for the wonderful feedback that you have provided to our hotel. If there is ever anything that I can do to personally assist you before, during, or after a stay, feel free to contact me at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again at the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

I had to book through my employer's travel agency.  I was put in a smoking room due to this and it smelled like an ashtray.   I went to front desk to see if they could move me to a non smoking room.  They had nothing available in non smoking the first night so the guy working the front desk told me they could move me the next day.  The next day after my meeting  the front desk had a new key for me and I was given a suite for the same price.  This is how service should work!

Also every night there was free food (lasagna, salad and breadsticks) the first night and free Pizza Hut the next night.  Not to mention a free happy hour.
Hampton Inns are my favorite and this experience has kept me as a customer.  Hats off!!

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Cgkincer,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North! We appreciate that we were able to provide you with such a great experience overall. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor members.

We appreciate knowing the things that pleased you, such as the Manager's Receptions with the wonderful food and the fact that out staff was able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade to a non-smoking suite. I am sorry for any inconvenience that was caused by your business' travel agency making a reservation for a smoking room. I am glad that we were able to rectify that situation for you by the second night of your stay.

Thank you, again, for your wonderful review of our property! We hope that we will be able to welcome you again soon to the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North.

Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I've stayed in Ritz Carlton's, Marriott's, Waldorf Astoria's, etc., and I can tell you I have never stayed at a better hotel for the money. The entire staff is friendly, they bend over backwards to help, and they treat customers like royalty. I usually come in on Tuesday and leave on Thursday, and they always have manager's specials on those nights. One time they grilled out hamburgers by the pool, and the guy that runs the bar makes the best chicken wings ever. On Thursday mornings one of the staff gets up at the crack of dawn to bring in fresh Krispy Kreme or other local donuts. One complaint I have at some hotels is the lack of available bottled water. At this Hampton, there is water available everywhere. You won't find another hotel around with better service. The guy that runs the bar on manager's night is so nice, and he is always checking on customers to see if they need anything. Take my advice: save your money and leave the expensive chains and stay at the Hampton Inn in Raleigh on Capital Blvd.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
hamptoncapital, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear hulaemma,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North! Thank you, also, for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us and with others is genuinely appreciated.

I was pleased to learn of your satisfaction with our staff, facilities and that your stays have so enjoyable. We take pride in providing top-notch service to all of our guests, and our staff will be elated to read your comments.

It is indeed our pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hampton Inn Raleigh Capital Blvd. - North. If there is ever anything that I may assist you with, please contact me at the hotel by calling (919) 872-7111.

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Accompanied my husband on a single- night business trip and stayed at the Hampton Inn Raleigh Cap. North. The room was slightly warm but otherwise clean and comfortable. The sheets on the pillows were slightly starchy but not awful. The only real downside to the room was the bright red power light on the smoke alarm which was directly next to the bed and shone into my eyes while I was sleeping. I didn't mention it to the staff since we were only there for one night.

We stayed in a double-bed room with a pullout couch. Amenities were decent - appropriate for a business hotel. The free wifi was nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
hamptoncapital, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear BrambleMaryrose,

I'm Patrick Twomey, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North. Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn, and for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor members. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable, and that our rooms are serviced with a great complimentary Wi-Fi connection!

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Hampton Inn brand. I was sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the placement of our smoke detector. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Raleigh. I hope that you and your husband will be able to travel here again, maybe for a leisure trip next time! We look forward to welcoming you again at the Hampton Inn!

Liverpool, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

I travel to Wake Forest quite often (every other month) and this is THE only hotel I will stay in. The staff is always pleasant and greets me by name every time I am there. Any requests I have ever had have been met with a "Sure, no problem" and a smile and the cleanliness of the rooms and public areas goes above and beyond most hotels that I stay in. The colleagues I travelled with on my last trip to this hotel were so impressed they will no longer stay anywhere else.

Kudos to the management and staff of this hotel...see you in a couple of weeks!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
hamptoncapital, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Dear iamjill,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! We appreciate that you felt so strongly about your experience with us that you were willing to share it with other TripAdvisor members. I am glad that our staff has made you and your colleagues feel right at home when you are staying with us!

I love that you mentioned that we are convenient to Wake Forest. Our location is perfect for going to Raleigh OR for going to Wake Forest (or both, if you want!). We love being centrally located amongst all of the north Raleigh attractions.

Again, thank you for reaching out to us, and to others, about your experience with our hotel. If there is anything else that I can do to enhance your satisfaction with our property, please let me know by calling the hotel at (919) 872-7111 or by emailing me at gm.hirale@centrexproperties.com .

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed three nights in this hotel. During the final night, my wife was bitten repeatedly on her face and right arm. The bites did not heal quickly so we visited a doctor who diagnosed them as bed bug bites. I contacted both the property management and Hilton to alert them to bed bugs in our room. Hilton is taking this matter seriously, as I expect they would. The hotel property; however, has not bothered to respond to any emails from me or Hilton. The fact that the property management would not even respond to an email with "we are looking into it" is VERY troubling. I am and will continue to be a loyal Hilton customer but I would NEVER stay at this property again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
HamptonHirale, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
While this issue has garnered national and worldwide attention we have demonstrated in the past, currently and will continue into the future to take pro-active steps in our commitment and "vigilance" in our efforts in supplying our guests the cleaniest and most comfortable pest free rooms in our industry. We work diligently with a national pest control company as well as our in-house programs which include inspecting every room "every day". This assures us as well as our customers that every effort has been made in producing the highest standard of quality and cleanliness prior to any guest checking into our establishment.

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh - Capital Blvd. North? Share your experiences!