“Took care of my every need!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1707 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27605   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
“Took care of my every need!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff from housekeeping, front desk, restaurant staff, and administration. Any time I had request or question everyone responded promptly. Friendly from morning till night. Older building but clean and convenient to local scene. Food was good. Overall enjoyed my business stay and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family booked 3 rooms here to serve as a meeting place for my sisters surprise 50th bday party. The location is great, near restaurants and museums. The hotel is beautiful, clean and the staff is fantastic. These folks went out of their way to help us with directions, recommendations, etc. They had great staff in the restaurant and bar, food is good, drinks are good. We had plates and such ready when we cut the birthday cake that night. The bartenderwas super, great personality and we really loved talking to him. Really, cannot say enough. At a time that I think great customer service is becoming more rare, these folks have it all. Whoever manages this hotel should be very pleased.

• Stayed March 2013
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Looks are deceiving on this hotel - the outside of the front lobby is nice but the outside of the portion with the rooms looked outdated. However, the inside of the hotel was really nice everywhere so don't be disappointed when you pull up and it looks like you're at a lower end motel. Loved the balcony that each room had here! Really nice looking rooms and bathrooms, very friendly staff. Although, the bathtub was a bit worn and there were a couple of large spots on the tub that were chipped and peeling. Being on the top floor that was supposed to be something like the deluxe level, I would have thought that there wouldn't have been anything like that. The location was great and we were able to walk to downtown Raleigh with no problem. Friendly staff and of course the warm cookies are delicious! The only problem I had was during breakfast there were scrambled eggs with a label that said "veggie scrambled" so I was led to believe the brown bits in them were mushrooms. Being a vegetarian, I was very disappointed when I took the first couple of bites and realized that the "veggie" scrambled eggs were filled with sausage. Those bits aside, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was a pleasant experience. The front desk ladies were wonderful! Derek was helpful to work with as well. We enjoyed our own room off of the breakfast room to be able to have our meetings and to eat together as a large party of 30. The rooms were very nice with comfortable beds. We really enjoyed the lobby area as well, with the modern yet sleek look to it. The proximity to campus is perfect. We will definitely be staying here again if we visit NC State again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our organization secures a room block here for a large tournament every year - teams always have a good experience. It has affordable rates and it is close to downtown. Our event is at the convention center, so its a quick drive or you can catch the free shuttle (R-line) that goes by both places.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had my wedding at this hotel on March 1, 2013. The staff was very friendly and accomodating to my needs. Heather, the director of catering and Derek the room sales lead are the 2 people I spoke with to arrange my wedding plans and room discounts for my family that came in from out of town, and both of this guys were awesome. Heather did everything I asked for, and resolved the minor problems that I had. Derek gave my family a great discount on the rooms for the time they needed without a problem. The banquet staff did an excellent job setting up my ceremony and reception rooms. I had so many compliments because they set up everything just as I asked. The food at my wedding was thebomb.com!! Everyone commented on the food and said it was excellent, especially for a hotel because every hotel funtion I have ever attended the food was just ok. Keep your cook staff!!! The front desk staff was very nice and pleasant. My comp suite that was including in my package was very clean and comfortable, and plus they gave me a discount on another suite for my bridal party to get ready in that was also very clean and comfortable and spacious. The location is great, and the hotel is very nice and clean. My wedding was awesome!! I would definitely recommend this hotel for stay or for any events.

Room Tip: I went into all of my family's rooms on different floors and locations in the hotel and all of t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My name is Jonathan Mills, Detachment Commander of the NC-011 Air Force JROTC unit at Broughton High. It is my distinct pleasure to say that the Double Tree by Hilton performed an amazing job of hosting my unit on 9 March for our annual military ball. Communication with Natasha Murray was simple and effective and all of our requests were met. All of the cadets raved on how great the food was . On behalf of Broughton JROTC, I thank the hotel and Ms. Murray for doing an excellent job. Meeting all of our requests and going above and beyond to ensure that we were seated in the ballroom gave us full reason to return next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University? Share your experiences!