“You Could Always Do Better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2617 Appliance Court, Raleigh, NC 27604 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“You Could Always Do Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was very affordable for Raleigh. Also, it was very close to the place that I wanted to go in Raleigh. The receptionist was very nice and quick to give my key, so I could enter my room. After relaxing in my room for about 90 minutes, she called to check if everything was fine, which it was. One negative about this hotel is that it allows smoking; I believe that hotels that don't allow smoking are more successful than one that allow it. Although it did allow for smoking, I didn't small any traces of cigarettes.

Inside the room, I had a queen size bed, which was very comfortable. The bed had a blanket two blankets that I questioned, but I just removed by sheets off. Overall, the bed and the sheets were clean. The room is small compared to what I accustom myself, but I couldn't complain too much for what I paid. The bathroom was clean and had a nice shower area. The room has a television, which is clearly old and outdated. I found using it to quite annoying, especially when I would change the channels. Moreover, I found that the tv had limited channels for having cable. The room was very quiet, but the hotel didn't have hardly anyone staying there.

As for contenital breakfast, don't bother eating at this hotel. It doesn't offer hardly anything for a decent breakfast. The only things offered are juices, bangels, donuts, and toasts; you're better off finding a restaurant in Raleigh.

This hotel could use an updated look. The appearance inside and out looks very old and prosaic. Even so, for a cheap hotel, I doubt many people would complain too much about looks. As my title says, you could always do better...

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, make sure that you request third-floor. Even thou
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
EconolodgeInn, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 25, 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We are glad that you found the Econo Lodge to be very affordable, clean and quiet place to stay. Although we have 74 cable channels on our tv's we will try to get some more in the future.

As far as all our amenities are concerned, breakfast, wi-fi, cable tv we try to provide the most your money can buy. But like you said there is always room for improvement and we will work hard to do better.

Econo Lodge Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was the absolute worst hotel experience that I have ever had. My husband and I were passing through Raleigh on a road trip and booked this hotel because it was inexpensive and on the way to our next destination. Upon arrival we were greeted with some sort of police activity outside of the hotel. When we went to check in we had to wait behind a gentleman and a prostitute checking in. After checking in we went upstairs to a hallway full of cigarette smoke in the non-smoking hotel. After being in the room for all of about 15 minutes we felt so unsafe we decided to cut our losses and leave. When we were exiting the building there was ANOTHER gentleman and prostitute checking in. When we walked out to the parking lot we also saw a man stumbling in so drunk that he couldn't even figure out how to enter the building through the automatic doors.

All in all, I would say pay a little extra and DO NOT choose this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EconolodgeInn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 25, 2013

We operate a very clean and safe place of accomodation in Raleigh. We donot allow undesirable activities of the kind you described on our premises.

Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I went looking online last-minute for a clean and safe motel for one night where I could also get Choice points. Of course, I read all the TripAdvisor reviews first! Decided on Econo Lodge but stopped at the wrong hotel up the road before I found this one. My daughter and I were so relieved we had the wrong place the first time because the caliber of people walking around and at the pool had me concerned. But the Econo Lodge was almost deserted and very clean inside. It's not brand new but it's spacious and the TV was fairly updated with good cable channels. The green carpet is hideous but it does hide any stains. We left to grab some drinks and snacks at night and came back to a fairly quiet motel. I did notice the pool was out of service. Probably why the locals don't congregate here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your patronage and review.

We are glad that you found the Econo Lodge to be quiet, clean and safe place to stay for you and your family. We will keep in mind your dislike of the green color carpet the next time we plan to replace it. Hopefully that won't keep you from coming back to stay with us untill then.

The Econo Lodge Team.
Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was a pretty nice hotel,clean, and the employees were nice. I was very upset though, when I found out that the hotels pool was gross. It was closed in August. It looked like nobody was taking care of that pool for along time. And also if anyone is under the age of 21, you cant stay here,I also almost had an issue with that as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

EconolodgeInn, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Ms. Brooke,

I am glad that you liked the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites of Raleigh, specially the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We appreciate your patronage as well. Unfortunately our pool has been closed for the entire season, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope you will visit us soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Chose this place last minute, as my boyfriend came to visit a day early. Chose this mainly for the good price, and was very surprised how much I enjoyed the stay. Great room, maybe needed to update the decor, but that didn't affect us. Very clean room, with a great walk in shower! Would definitely stay here again if it's just for a good night sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
EconolodgeInn, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Ms. Lauren,

I sincerely thank you for your review of the hotel. I am glad you found our rooms to be clean and particularly liked the oversized walking shower. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us very much.

We hope to see you soon.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This Econo Lodge is not exactly located in the best of locations (right next to the Raleigh Beltline, 440), but that also works to its advantage--you can spot it from the highway if you're quickly looking for a place to stay. Also, it isn't too close to any seedy neighborhoods.

Judging by some of the clientele parking their cars at this hotel, I was concerned that the place would end up being another dump. But it's actually a nice average hotel. The lobby and dining area was rather plain, but it was very clean. The front desk clerk was very helpful and informative.

The hotel room was one of the smaller ones I've seen, but it wasn't nearly as small as many New York hotel rooms would be. The room decor, although not high end or cutting edge, was up to date, new looking, and quite pleasant. The room lighting I believe was mostly LED which isn't often as warm and soft as incandescent, but it lit the room adequately and was very easy to turn on with the easily spotted 'nite-lite' type light switches throughout the room. The bed spread pattern was really pretty and the room was very clean. The bathroom was one of the smaller ones I've encountered, but it was very practical: a toilet directly and facing opposite a glass-door type shower and separated from the sink area by a sliding door. It's a very efficient used of space. The shower was great--only one simple turn of the solidly mounted and clearly labeled knob and the shower was turned on at the right strength and the right temperature. The A/C worked perfectly, the bed was comfortable, and the TV reception was good.

I was concerned that the hotel would be noisy being that it was Saturday night and a couple of large groups of people (mainly concert attendees) were there also, but, for the most part, the hotel was quite quiet and comfortable. My only major complaint would be about guests who leave their trash in the hallway and next to the elevator waiting area--but that's a problem in nearly any hotel.

The Sunday breakfast had only choices of cereals, juices, English muffins, and bagels, but I was glad to have the whole dining area to myself early Sunday morning.

Checkout was easy and quick. I have no complaints. I'd definitely come back to this hotel again if I'm in Raleigh.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room if you're sensitive to noise from neighbors (as I am).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank You So much for taking the time to write this review. Detailed review like yours help other travelers in making their decision easier. You have done a great service for all fellow travelers and the hotel.
We are glad that you had a good stay with us. We will be here to take care of you when you visit us back.

Once again thanks a bunch for your review of the hotel.
Galax, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited Raleigh recently and booked this hotel through Choice Hotels. Overall it was ok. I had to request new bed sheets since the set that came with my room had hair in them and nasty looking stains. The new set wasn't much better at all. They too had hairs and stains in them. Terrible.

The shower was the best shower I've ever been in for a hotel. The staff was friendly. The location is good too. Value was good. But the bed was awful as mentioned before in the comment about the sheets. By the way, the internet connection was good.

Overall, it was average. I would be willing to stay again maybe in the future. The sheets and bed thing was a big negative.

Room Tip: Check your sheets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
EconolodgeInn, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you would stay with us again. I am happy that you enjoyed the oversized shower we have and that the staff here made you feel welcome. I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with the bed sheets. What can I say, we dropped the ball on this one. Due to some error a batch of bad laundry got mixed up with the good ones and went out on the floors. I am extremely sorry for it. We will try our best so that it does not happen again. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!