“Clean and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2617 Appliance Court, Raleigh, NC 27604 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #47 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Clean and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Always enjoy my stay here. The staff, especially the manager, Mike Patel are so friendly and make me feel welcome and comfortable. Clean and comfortable rooms.
Elizabeth

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
EconolodgeInn, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the kind words.
Our team will always be here to welcome you any time you are in Raleigh. We try our best to make this your home while you are away from home.

Econo Lodge Management Team.

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Several years ago, as one will see below, I graciously provided my opinion of the 'good ole' Sleep Inn where I stayed when working in the USA... Finding myself in Raleigh once again this autumn my US representative and myself were quite surpised to see the words 'Econo Lodge' flying high above I-440 when passing by a few weeks ago. At the urging of Mike, the kind manager/owner, I'll offer a few thoughts on the new venue as a few things have changed, and a few things haven't!! On entering the property the lighting, parking and security are as dependable as always. The staff are vitually unchanged and know my name and favorite room just like old times. The rooms are getting minor face-lifts with new bathroom granite countertops and the showers and beds are every bit as fine as the last time I wrote. (I even understand the upper floors are getting nice new suites, although I haven't personally experienced one)... The 'Econo' continues to be very good value for money and well... the only thing that has, shall we say, drifted to the less-than-positive side is the breakfast offerings. The boiled eggs, bananas, microwave grits and real butter are things of the past and sorely missed. (A $5.00 gift card to the Waffle House at the top of the hill would be of huge mutual benefit to all involved parties)... Having said that, while their breakfast is far from a positive 'draw' to inspire others to sample their offerings of good-value accommodation, there is little doubt that as long as Mike and the gang (although we miss Brenda and Marie) continue greeting me with a smile and warm greeting (and offering the most reasonable rates anywhere), I'll be 'hanging my hat' with them many, many times over!! Many thanks to the staff of the Econo Lodge for their kindness and help and long may they remain open to serve weary folks who require and appreciate their services!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

This hotel contains bed bugs! I came home from a 2 night business trip and have bites all over me!

NASTINESS! Do not stay here!

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We have stayed here the last couple of years, and it has been a great place. We attend the Mid Atlantic Youth Conference every year so we have a lot of teenagers with us. The rooms are clean and the staff is excellent. They remember us by name and we plan on staying with them next year as well!

Stayed December 2010
Asheville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

As a budget hotel, this Sleep Inn is pretty good. Location is great, close to restaurants (plus an ABC store next door), stores, and downtown Raleigh. Accommodations are reasonable, comfortable, and the rates are pretty good. However, the noise isolation is so-so. I could hear feet walking around upstairs, and the rooms facing the I-440 Beltline get some traffic noise so they switched me to the quieter side. Like most budget hotels, the breakfast is marginal and you're better off going somewhere else to buy breakfast. The service was good. Overall the hotel isn't bad, but there are a LOT of choices in the area so this one doesn't stand out- I'd be willing to fork out an extra $10-15/night for a bit higher quality and quietness.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stay once a month at the Sleep Inn at this location. The manager, Mike, is always alert to our needs and friendly. The breakfast is good and most of all we appreciate the quiet so we can get a good night's rest.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

Over the last four years or so I have 'hung my hat' at this particular Sleep Inn when visiting the USA, as Raleigh is where I base for my North American work. (I live in the United Kingdom.) The hotel is situated just by a busy freeway but is quiet, sheltered and a calm haven from the hectic world of contemporary travel. I soon discovered a most friendly and accommodating staff who always greet every request with a smile! The new beds/pillows/bed-linen are superb and I can honestly say that I haven't slept better away from home in ages. The place is clean and tidy. The Housekeeping staff are always happy to provide extra towels as and when required and particular mention needs to be made of the fine walk-in showers, where there is a seemingly endless supply of hot water and enough Scandinavian-style water pressure to awaken even the most dead-to-the-world of sleepers. The gratis wireless Internet access is dependable and seldom disappoints. The breakfast is included in the room charge and is cheap, cheerful and, er... available. It is as basic as you'll find but, again, to kick-start my day, I've found it to be certainly enough to stoke the fires to get me going until lunch-time. Everything provided on the small buffet is brightly and freshly presented. There is ample, well-lit parking. I am happy to report that this hotel has grown to be my home away from home and I am delighted to recommend it to all road-weary travelers (and otherwise) without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!