“Room smelled like too much air freshener” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2610 Westinghouse Blvd, Capitol Blvd/Westinghouse Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Mechanicville
“Room smelled like too much air freshener”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean. My only problem was the room stunk like air freshener. I have allergies and a very sensitive nose, so within 1/2 hour of being in the room, I had a nose bleed. I think if hotels use chemical air fresheners they should warn people - just like they do for nut allergies. Otherwise everything else was ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked a free Wyndham Rewards room at this hotel earned thru my numerous stays at Wyndham properties. I received almost no greeting from the front desk clerk, Ms. Horne, when I approached the desk. I repeated my name twice and she frankly appeared disinterested in serving me; she could not find the reservation. When I then handed over my email confirmation she did find the reservation. She informed me at that point that my room was not ready yet. Only after I inquired as to why that was the case did she state that the hotel had a major water break issue. This makes sense as the housekeeping folks (and the housekeeping was Outstanding, a VERY clean hotel) did not have water to properly clean the impacted rooms. I asked about an alternate room and she told me that I could I could not be re-assigned to a different room because free room bookings had to be assigned BY POLICY to the same class room (i.e. a King, in this case…and by the way the room was excellent, well-appointed). I found this claim puzzling and disappointed as my Marriott and Choice Hotel frequent stay experiences have been very good (e.g. I was upgraded twice when my room was not available with Choice and once with Marriott). I stated again that a double room (which books for the same cost) would be fine…can they make an exception for a Rewards member? She stated again, no. No apologies were remotely offered on her part.
I have now confirmed via Wyndham that re-assignment of rooms by a property because of an emergency situation is at the discretion of the property owner and should have been expected by a Rewards member. Ms. Horne appears to view loyal, frequent Wyndham customers as “spongers.”

To Mr. Harrison Foster, the General Manager: the industry classification for hotels in “Hospitality.” It is just not “housing” folks like a premium dorm room. You have a serious attitude problem at the front desk and it goes further than the incident above. When I came down for breakfast in the morning, a male (with necktie) clerk was present at an “unlighted” front desk. He did not recognize or nor make anything attempt to make eye contact with any customers. Finally, when I attempted to check out in the morning a bit later, the desk was dark and unmanned. I had to call the desk (using zero) using the house phone (on June 21) and then a clerk (it may have again been Ms. Horne) arrived with a raised eyebrow to check me out. No expression again; no thank you; nothing.

The big Pros of this hotel: excellent well-maintained facility and price value.
The HUGE negative: horrible front desk personnel; this is a regular problem with this hotel; note the reviews going back several years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh

Address: 2610 Westinghouse Blvd, Capitol Blvd/Westinghouse Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604
Location: United States > North Carolina > Raleigh
#30 Business Hotel in Raleigh
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Raleigh Hotel Raleigh
Wingate Hotel Raleigh

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.