“Pet owners not welcome.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #22 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
BREINIGSVILLE
“Pet owners not welcome.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Pet rooms have been changed to the end of the hotel. All entrances to these rooms have stairs. I have difficulty navigating stairs due to disability, and need to use a luggage cart to move my belongings. I use a cane to walk. There was no ramp to use the cart, and the stair treads are very narrow. The closest entrance with a flat surface to use the cart was halfway up the hotel, which was fairly expansive.
I stayed at this hotel last year. The pet hotels were in a hallway along the side of the hotel with an entrance that had no stairs. This provided easy acessibility to the room. This was the reason that I rebookde this hotel this year.
A person in a wheelchair with a service animal would have no way to access these rooms easily, which may be what this hotel wants. I have been approved for a handicap placard due to mobility issues, and am awaiting its receipt by my state.
The staff on the overnight shift was not very friendly. I had tried on several occasions to call the front desk on the night that I arrived , and received no answer.
The room itself on the surface was clean, except for the bathroom. The was mold on the tiles in the bathroom.. A simple spray of bleach or cleaner would have removed this, but it was still there when I left. There were numerous pecan shells under the air conditioning unit which I had to clean up myself to keep the cat from trying to eat them.
The attitude of the day staff was night and day. They were friendly, and smiling.
I am not sure that I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience with us was less than top notch.
Since allowing pets on our property we have had our pet rooms located on the back side of the hotel for easy access to the pet area. These rooms have three entrances and are near the elevator. The 2 side entrances do have stairs and the back entrance is a ramp with easy access to the elevator. I am sorry that this information was not given to you to make your stay better. Please know that any feedback we receive helps to make us better.
I do hope you will reconsider and come stay with us again in the near future.

Louise Garrell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
WINSTON SALEM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Booked here for a one night trip to catch a concert at PNC arena due to other positive reviews, close proximity (walking distance) to the arena, and price. Check in was fast, room was clean and basic which was all we needed/wanted for this trip. They have a restaurant at the hotel which I didn't know until we got there and was glad because it was cold and rainy and not much time until the concert when we got there, so it was convenient to walk in, be seated, order and eat there without having to drive around and find somewhere. The wait staff was nice, and the food was pretty good with a decent selection and fair prices.

As I mentioned the room/bathroom was clean which is important to pretty much everyone I'd surmise and we didn't experience any noise issues and we slept fine. It was funny not to have a flat screen TV, but hey it worked and we didn't really need it or want it anyway. We stayed on the ground floor and there was a sliding glass door in the room that walked straight out to a concrete patio that was open to the parking lot. It did have a regular lock on the door along with a bar for the sliding part, so unless someone busted out the glass, it would be hard to break in on you. Checkout at noon was a plus since we needed the extra time to get over the previous nights experiences. There was a free hot breakfast coupon they gave us at check in that the night before we had looked forward to; unfortunately, we didn't get to use it as we couldn't muster the strength to walk down the hallway before 9:30! Checkout was painless, though I was a bit surprised that you actually have to "check out" as I've become so used to just leaving if there is nothing to reconcile. All in all, I'd highly recommend it based on friendliness, cleanliness, proximity (to arena, state fair grounds, and NC State football field) and ultimately value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We hope you will come and stay with us again in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Something has gone terribly wrong in the restaurant. They took the name and recipes from the old Capital Room and appeared to be making progress. So much for progress. Our meal there recenlty was horrid. The French Onion Soup bordered on lukewarm broth. My burger was devoid of taste and over cooked. The sweet potato fries were fair. The few other diners we saw there looked trapped by circumstances. There are other options. We will not be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience in the Capital Room Restaurant did not meet your expectations. I have shared your commetns with Restaruant Management so that these issues can be corrected.
We hope you will reconsider and try us again.

Louise Garrell, General Manager

Been to Ramada Raleigh? Share your experiences!