“Highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Virginia
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my 17-month-old when we recently went to Raleigh for my best friend's surgery at Rex Hospital. The room is spacious, comfortable and reasonably priced. The free breakfast in the morning was an unexpected treat with a wide variety of foods.

What I appreciated most about this hotel is the amazing staff! The second morning of our stay, I was beyond exhausted after having been at the hospital for many hours the night before. When the staff worker saw us shuffle in to the restaurant, she pulled out the high chair for my daughter without being asked. I ran up to get our food. When I returned, she had placed coffee with cream at my place setting and juice in a covered cup for my daughter. I was overwhelmed by her kindness and attention to detail, having remembered our drink orders from the day before.

I forgot my toothbrush and the front desk gave me one with a smile.

This is truly a wonderful hotel! Will definitely stay there again on my visits to sit with my friend during her chemo treatments in a few weeks.

Room Tip: The staff is very accommodating should you need to switch rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was referred this hotel by my Uncle, a frequent business traveler. I am planning to send him a nice thank you gift for one of the best night's sleep I have ever had! I myself in the past have traveled extensively for business all over the country, and have stayed in every sort of accommodations.
Upon arrival to the hotel, we were promptly checked in by Debonair ( and I am so sorry if I spelled that wrong!). She was so incredibly professional and courteous! It only took two minutes to get our keys and get processed. I needed a crib, and she personally came in and set it up in our room, and provided clean sheets for it. which she put on! The beds here are TO DIE FOR. The sheets smell like a summer day, and the mattress is firm, but somehow soft at the same time! There were at least eight pillows for my husband and myself, all varying levels of softness. The sheets were high quality and so soft. Needless to say, I slept all night with no interruption, except once when the baby insisted on a midnight bottle.
The hotel is quiet, with no guest noise that I noticed. The vending was only one door down, and a can of soda was only 75 cents! I don't remember when I paid less than a dollar at any hotel. The shower had a nice massage head with adjuster to adjust the spray pressure. I am a shower junkie, so I was pleased. I also loved the San Francisco Soap company samplers they left for me. I plan on trying to order some of that lotion! The pool was spotless and even though we did not have time to enjoy it, it looked very inviting. Overall, the hotel was four stars in my book. If that was not enough, the complimentary breakfast was divine. The eggs, bacon, potatoes, oh...and so much more was a nice touch that saved us time with a fussy baby to get to our flight. Thank you so much to the friendly wait staff and cooks!
The general manager Louise handled our reservations and our rooms were perfect for our needs. I thank all the staff for such a pleasant experience! This hotel is my new Raleigh staple.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two reasons: my niece wanted to check out a couple of colleges in the area and I wanted to tour the city of Raleigh. Anyway, this is a great hotel for traveling businesspeople, people wanting to get away from it all, and schools needed space for their young students. This is NOT a hotel for people who want to walk the city and enjoy the sights. If you do not plan to drive -- do NOT stay at this hotel! On the other hand, if you have a car/want quiet I would recommend it. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. The restaurant was cheap and that being said, you get what you paid for (although the fried chicken was really good!). Contrary to another review I've read, this hotel is close to North Carolina State University. Unfortunately, it's only close to the Veterinarian School, and that is only if you want to take a 10-15 minute walk along a major road with no sidewalks. This also applies for restaurants and movie theaters.

Room Tip: It's only 2 stories, but very long so the back rooms face the parking lot and pool while the fro...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lowell, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

This hotel was great, especially for the money. Breakfast was included with the room rate, and was a full breakfast, not just continental. The pool was great as well. There do seem to be a lot of rooms and maybe not enough cleaning staff...by mid-afternoon we got back to our room and it hadn't been cleaned. They did come eventually though. The other 3 days the room was cleaned promptly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Was there for two days to do a talk series at the universities. I was directed there by NCSU. It's quite convenient to NCSU, it's a standard hotel, with good rates, good desk help, a great tolerance for airline fumbles (which I unfortunately had to test), and facilities.

The restaurant is only mediocre, closes early, and isn't very interesting, which is a problem because you're not near much of anything else at all. Still, if you have a car or are being hosted by locals, it's not a bad place to be, and you will get a good night's sleep, if for no other reason than there is nothing else to do.

Room Tip: I did nothing special here.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We usually stay at a different hotel when we are at the Hunt Complex for horse shows, but we were unable to get a reservation so we decided to try the Ramada. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friend;y and efficient, and the pool area was quite pretty. Although breakfast is not included, we had a good meal in the restaurant which was a reasonable expense considering our bill for three nights was $200 less than if we had stayed at our usual hotel. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you for your review you listed on Trip Advisior about your recent stay here at Ramada Blue Ridge. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Again, thank you .
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We made reservations to stay there, which is closest to Rex Hospital, because a family member needed surgery the following Monday. We made the reservations when the forecast was for a wintry storm. In Raleigh, roads become impassable with a small amount of snow, so we thought staying the night before, and being a mile away, would be a good thing. The man who took my reservation assured me that if I canceled the reservations at any time that there would be no problem, and my credit card would not be charged.

I called to cancel today, because the roads seem to be somewhat better. The woman who took my cancellation was MISERABLE. She DEMANDED to know the reason, and I told her why. She then asked nastily, "WEATHER?" I said, Yes." She said, "Well USUALLY there is a 48-hour cancellation policy, but THIS TIME, we'll let it go." I said calmly, "The man who took my reservation said there would be no problem." The woman replied loudly, in anger, "THAT IS NEVER OUR POLICY!!! NEVER!!! NEVER!!!!" and she kept yelling at me(!)(!)(!). I interrupted her, telling her I'd never stay at her [--] hotel and hung up.

Beware.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Raleigh? Share your experiences!