“Decent place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Tampa, Florida
“Decent place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The room was clean with the exception of the large 'red juice drink' stain on the carpet by the door. We had 2 doubles and stayed on the first floor. Room has an open floor plan, good sized TV and is comfy. The 'complimentary' breakfast is not for meat lovers, as there was none in sight. We found the hotel to be friendly and accomodating. This property is located close interstate with food options and other activities a short drive away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lewes, Delaware, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

First let me say the the staff was less than helpful. We tried to early check-in at 2pm (only an hour early) and were refused. When we came back at 4:30pm, we were told that we could not get a room with 2 double beds because there were none so we would have to take a king bed room. We had 6 people in that party, but they tried to tell us that we would fit and because we booked through hotels.com that we weren't guaranteed that room. They bribed my kids with giant candy bars and told them it would be ok. Thank goodness we booked through Hotels.com because when I called them they had assured me that they would fix the problem. Within 5 minutes of hotels.com talking to them, the room we wanted poofed onto the screen. Unbelieveably poor customer service!! The people next to us were having the same problem because the hotel overbooked.

That being said....the room was nice and fairly clean. The shower head splashed water everywhere but did the trick. The breakfast buffet was excellent except they could not keep it stocked with food. The woman at the front desk the day we checked out could not have been nicer. I wish we would have seen her when we checked in. It was an average hotel except for the mess with check-in. I would definitely advise using a 3rd party site when booking a room in this hotel. It saved us!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed at this property 12 times this year for a total of 30 nights. The staff have become almost like family and they treat me as such. Clean, modern rooms. 40" flat screens with external HDMI connections so bring your own DVDs and play them on your laptop. Hot, free breakfast a cut above the competition. Made-to-order food and beverages (including Starbucks Lattes!) available on site. Well-equipped fitness center, and in the summer, nice outdoor pool

Some rooms have lovely walk-in showers, while all have newly renovated bathrooms. Beds are very comfortable and most rooms include a sectional sofa for evening lounging in front of the TV. Internet access is free and it's always worked fine for me.

Location is very convenient, though this part of Raleigh is a tad sketchy.

Room Tip: Do not take room 325 or 525. These are located directly across from the only two ice makers in the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Foster City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is located right off the highway but rooms are very quiet. It also makes it very easy to find someplace nearby and intersting for dinner. I was fortunate to get a very good rate so it was very reasonable too. Staff was helpful with directions and familiar with the area. Room is very large and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This stay was typical of all my stays at Hyatt hotels! However the staff went above and beyond on this trip!!! I ended up leaving something very valuable to me on accident, the necklace my mother in law gave my husband when he was young that was later given to me. I was heart sick when I realized!!! They immediately sent it out fedex overnight!!! I had it not even 24 hours after checking out!!!! I am so happy they found it and returned it!!!

As with all Hyatt hotels the rooms were wonderful, very nice staff, great food!!! I will be back when I am in Raleigh!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Obx, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I loved the location of this Hyatt. I was able to avoid a lot of traffic and walk to Bahama breeze which is located across the parking lot!. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean. It was storming in the evening and we lost power and it immediately came back up and the tv's worked too. My only suggestion is to bring snack because they do not have vending, only things downstairs that are a bit over priced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Forestville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

First stay at Hyatt Place & was very impressed with the ambiance in hotel lobby and setup & checkin\out options. Bar and lounge area & snack bar was contemporary & intimate. Staff, very professional and accommodating even though when I came back around 10-11pm, they gave my double room away for king\pull out. Staff remembered me & asked if I wanted to change rooms next day but decided not too. The rooms was green, very clean, beds were very comfy, slept like a queen. The air unit little noisy but bearable. Shower\bathroom was nice seemed just tad bit small but fine. The tv for living room & bed was setup for sharing but very cool with great flat panel reception\channels & internet access in a snap. Ate breakfast which was very advertising & plentiful with variety for everyone--no need to leave hotel. Altho' I would have preferred bacon or sausage and eggs on side instead of English muffin sandwiches (egg\turkey or egg\ham). Had a wonderful time and decided to stay another night. The only downside to my trip was that my credit card got compromised by a call that was transferred to my room where some1 posed as hotel reservation staff & indicated the server crashed & needed my info again & appeared to know my name. Evening reservation staff indicated they were warned and indicated this has been happening. Hotel need change room number transfer policy. Staff expedited close out & investigation of issue. Manager was aware of issue before I reached him for comments\suggestions, thanks to Genesis and her professional etiquette. Location was great and very accessible to attractions & restaurants & mall. Price was appropriate for stay. I would definitely consider coming back!

Room Tip: AC unit little noise but bearable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown? Share your experiences!