“We loved the Hyatt in Raleigh” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #27 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Portland, Oregon
“We loved the Hyatt in Raleigh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Hyatt Place on Navaho Drive in Raleigh, NC. We were greeted by one of the friendliest, nicest and helpful staff I have experienced in a long time. Smiles are abound in this hotel. Our room was spacious and clean. A sitting area with couch, desk, sink and refrigerator, nice bathroom and a separated bedroom. All in a generous space. We were able to spread out and that was a plus. The complimentary breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, bagels, pastries, grits, eggs, waffles and more. Not to mention the great coffee.We actually looked forward to eating in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel when in Raleigh.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great hotel. They have a very good breakfast in the morning.(with starbucks coffee) Rooms are very comfortable. nice couch with a big screen tv.Room also had a mini fridge and sink and a desk to do some work. Hotel aslo offer free WIFI.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work conference and let me say I love this hotel. The amenities are amazing. I love the huge tv and living room in every room. The staff is wonderful and has a great helping attitude and the breakfast is beautiful. I have a special diet so couldn't eat any but could smell plenty. The only thing, min minor, in my room there were a couple holes in the carpet. It is looking a little dated, but the rooms are so nice you probably won't even notice.

• Stayed June 2013
Englewood, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall this hotel adheres to the Hyatt brand for quality. The pros were very spacious room, nice clean pool, good free breakfast and great , hardworking staff. Despite being completely overwhelmed by swarms of teenagers in town for the One Direction concert, and equally as many for the Heart concert, the staff on duty and their manager went out of their way to make sure that our check-in was a pleasant experience.

The cons. Unfortunately, the second day of our stay brought with it a different staff and a different set of attitudes. We left our room at 10am for a day trip to nearby attractions and when we returned at 4pm, we were stunned to see that our room had not been cleaned. This I don't really mind, but the response from the front desk was just awful. I felt insulted to be questioned as o whether I was sure the room had not been cleaned. A 3-year-old could see that the beds weren't made and the used towels were on the bathroom floor.

Neverthless, the desk clerk wrote down my information and said she would look into it.

After 30 minutes, I inquired about the status only to be told that she had called her manager who was checking to see whether or not it had been cleaned. I reiterated that it clearly had not been cleaned!

We decided to give them yet another opportunity, so we went to sit by the pool. Same clerk assured e towels were outside - of course there were none. Once again, she doubted my ability to discern whether or not there were towels or not and reluctantly went to the housekeeping room to get some for me.

After an hour, i went BADK to the front desk to find that there was no change. Although I said i didn't want to speak with the manager, the clerk insisted, saying that the manager didn't believe the room hadn't been cleaned.

The manager came out unwillingly with a sour attitude. I explained that at 5pm we needed to have a clean room to freshen up for dinner -

I will not go on....it was really an unacceptable situation. We went to the room at 6pm to find that the beds were now made and towels had been refreshed. Garbage was still in random places and soiled dishes had not been removed.

This crew was such a disappointment and makes it bad for the other crews. I requested a 6am wakeup call...you guessed it, it never came. Thanks to my iPhone I still made my flight.

So...I give 4 stars for the first crew. The second day crew 1) did not clean my room, had a poor attitude, had no pool towels and didn't provide the wakeup call....

With so many choices in the Raleigh area, no, i doubt I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same and there are no real views. Sound proofing is good, so it's really d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Frederick, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was very courteous and helpful. My only issue was the tub/toilet area was extremely small and difficult to move around in. They have very large towels that were really nice. Liked that they had Starbucks products to drink.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Southport, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recently we stayed at the Hyatt Place North and were pleasantly surprised. We had been warned to ask for a "quiet zone" since there appeared to be major renovations. Our room was quite large, sitting room, small bar area with coffee set-up, wonderful HOT, powerfull shower, large king bed with wonderful linens, and a quiet view out of our window on trees and gardens. We found that they also offered a great free breakfast - full of goodies - and we could also order from a long menu of lunch/dinner items that were delivered to the lunch room. Staff was friendly and helpful with dinner suggestions in the neighborhood. A pleasant 3 night stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet area away from the renovations. As for their lunch/dinner menu.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Overall my experience at the hotel went very well for the 4 nights I was there. They are currently renovating some portions of the hotel but kept the disruptions to guests to a minimum. They serve a great breakfast in the morning with free starbucks coffee, breakfast sandwiches and other choices. The only complaint I would have is that the water in the room had a weird smell to it but not sure if it was just my room or all rooms are like that. It was also nice have Bahama Breeze just feet away to walk to. Id def go back and would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown? Share your experiences!