“Very reasonable for a Hyatt” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #30 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Very reasonable for a Hyatt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Spent the evening of December 14, here while attending a concert. We arrived a little early and had no problem checking into a very nice suite type room. King bed, kitchenette, sitting area with comfortable couches. Clean carpet and bathroom .
Personnel behind the desk in the afternoon and in the later evening were very cordial and attentive.
It is about 3 miles from the Progress Energy Center downtown. A very easy commute. Also, lots of restaurants nearby. Just about every chain and several independents.
We would definitely rest here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Winston-SAlem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very nice facility. Great location for shopping. Great staff, comfortable (LARGE) room.
Great price. Would stay again! The Raleigh experience is fantastic. Shopping is very good. Great museums. The whole experience was wonderful/ I'd stay at the Hyatt Place North again.

Room Tip: Go for the 5th floor. Very quiet. Breakfast is average, great coffee.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Conover, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Check-in was super easy using the Kiosk at the front because I had prepaid. The hotel is fresh, well lit and updated. The rooms are really spacious and it comes with a chaise lounge with sleeper bed. Our room had a fridge and 42 in HDTV.

There are two restaurants outside of the hotel, Bahama Breeze and Denny's if patrons get hungry. The hotel also offers 24 hr coffee shop with sweet treats for a snack.

The only complaint is the beds are not comfortable for me and a little harder than I prefer. Also the bathroom feels a little cramped. I would prefer that the parking lot was a little brighter because a few areas were really dark.

• Stayed November 2012
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was very comfortable here, room was clean hotel clean, staff very pleasant, location great.

The bathroom was very small and the setup was a bit different withe the face wash area being in the open but no big deal to me. The gym was very small and under equipped but that's how most hotels seem to be now a days.The free breakfast seemed to be a hit with most guest.

For me what's most important is the room being clean and the bed comfortable, which this hotel delivers. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel rooms were big; esp liked the living room area. Wish they had queen size beds although, the fulls were comfortable. Would have also preferred a bigger lobby, this one was nice, just not enough space for our big group. Liked the choices for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I came to Raleigh for a business trip and stayed a couple extra days so my family can attend the State Fair. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn but my company had a corporate rate with Hyatt Place so I decided to try them. I will never stay at a Hyatt again. It was a horrible experience. Below are just a sample of the issues I had.

- Bed was one of the most uncomfortable I ever experienced in a hotel. Barely could sleep on them.

-Wireless Internet was inconsistent or down most of the stay.

-No hot water, at best it was luke-warm

-Our room was cleaned and when we got to the room, cleaning rags were left behind. Also, the towels they left had pink and red stains on them.

-Rude staff. One example, usually in hotels, if you are waiting for the elevator along with staff members, they let you in then they get in if enough room. A maid got in and shut the elevator in my face.

I reported all this to what I think was management but don't know since they only have one person up front most of the time. Their response was they were sorry and wanted to give me points. I said forget it, I won't ever use them since I won't stay at a Hyatt ever again.

I highly recommend to not staying at the Hyatt!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were very happy to find a very good rate here. I was nervous it would not be all that nice given the price. However, I was delighted when we got to the hotel which was highly updated. We had a beautiful room with a king bed, huge tv and a large sectional sofa.

Even better, they allowed us to bring our dog. He was very happy to make the sofa into his bed when we were out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown? Share your experiences!