“Average Holiday Inn Express” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Plymouth
Horseheads, NY
“Average Holiday Inn Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel has been recently updated and the facilities are very nice.
We needed to use the guest laundry, but the hotel was out of change for the machines and there was no change machine. We tried to fool the soda machine into giving us some quarters, but the bill reader on it was broken. The check in process was also very long and there was quite a line waiting when we finally got our keys.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear steve_bills,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the challenges you had with our Laundry machines. We also apologize for the experience you had during check-in. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stopped here on the way to the SwanQuarter Ferry. It's a quaint little town but we were on a mission so we never got to visit it much. The hotel was good and clean, with a decent hot breakfast available. The night clerk sent us off to a restaurant that served the best fried chicken! Again, good spot for an overnight.

Room Tip: We were on floor one and had no complaints.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FRANKLIN, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Genealogy drew me to Plymouth, North Carolina on April 23, 2013, the origin of my husband's mother's family--and I needed a pleasant place to stay overnight. I checked the Internet the night before, and was surprised to find a possibility that the hotel might not have a vacancy--so, I called the hotel direct--and was greeted by a very pleasant young woman, Audra, who alluded to the hotel being busy due to a nearby paper mill shutdown. She very kindly checked for an available room--and found one that suited me nicely. She was still at the desk when I checked in the next day and was, again, very helpful and accommodating. Since I was a lady traveling alone, she was sensitive to my situation, and suggested a room that was less vulnerable. When I asked, she also suggested a good restaurant of which I was unaware. The hotel had every amenity I could have wanted, and matches any you would find in large cities! I was able to use my laptop in my room to check my email. My stay was, indeed, quiet, pleasant and comfortable. It was "southern hospitality with a smile"!

Room Tip: The second floor rooms on the back side of the hotel have small balconies with chairs--and can be ve...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I can not say enough about this hotel, the manager Diane, her staff Amanda and Victoria. After spending a terrible day driving from Florida we were to be in Nag's Head, but a bridge was out and we stayed in Plymouth. The hotel is going through a rejuvenation which in no way effect our stay. From the moment we arrived we were treat exceptionally well. Amanda, the front desk clerk was polite and very helpful. Later in the evening we had occasion to speak to Victoria who directed us to a place to get something to eat, again very polite and helpful. The next morning I spoke to Diane who is the manager to get info about booking a hotel in Nags Head, and how to get around the detour from the bridge being out. She phoned ahead, booked the hotel for us and then called me with the reservation number, printed out a map and explained to us what we would see along the way. I had just had a bad experience with another hotel, that as yet, will go unmentioned. Diane went more than the extra mile for me and my daughter, she is a lady with a lot of "common sense". IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING USING THIS HOTEL I GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING!!!!

Room Tip: I am sure any room would be great, and if it wasn't the staff would accommodate you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was the ONLY nice place in Plymouth, NC I could find and I was quite surprised at how clean and comfortable the facility was! GREAT breakfast - nice front desk attendant - VERY comfy bed! I was very impressed - Thank you!

Room Tip: UPSTAIRS rooms in the back you get a balcony!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Diane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
The staff of the Holiday Inn Express is so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take pride in offering our guest the best stay possible. Thank you very taking time to write a review!We look forward to seeing you again.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a lovely and pleasant stay at the hotel.The price was reasonable, the was suite clean, and the Hotel Associate at the desk, Ms. Felita, was friendly, available and helpful during our weekend stay. Looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: The King Suites are large and roomy, and has a small kitchenett and refrigerator. Ask for Felita...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Diane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review and Felita appreciates being recognized, as well. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

When the outerbanks are fully booked this is THE first decent hotel you will encounter. Despite THE re-decorating and renovation, it was à pleasant hotel to stay in. Staff apologized for all the construction work which never really annoyed us. Friendly staff, chain restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2012
Diane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay We are the first franchised hotel you reach coming from the Outer Banks, which makes us an excellant stopping point going or coming from the Beach.
I hope that we see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!