Genealogy drew me to Plymouth, North Carolina on April 23, 2013, the origin of my husband's mother's family--and I needed a pleasant place to stay overnight. I checked the Internet the night before, and was surprised to find a possibility that the hotel might not have a vacancy--so, I called the hotel direct--and was greeted by a very pleasant young woman, Audra, who alluded to the hotel being busy due to a nearby paper mill shutdown. She very kindly checked for an available room--and found one that suited me nicely. She was still at the desk when I checked in the next day and was, again, very helpful and accommodating. Since I was a lady traveling alone, she was sensitive to my situation, and suggested a room that was less vulnerable. When I asked, she also suggested a good restaurant of which I was unaware. The hotel had every amenity I could have wanted, and matches any you would find in large cities! I was able to use my laptop in my room to check my email. My stay was, indeed, quiet, pleasant and comfortable. It was "southern hospitality with a smile"!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Plymouth
- Holiday Inn Plymouth
- Plymouth Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Plymouth Hotel is conveniently located within 1 mile of the Roanoke River on Hwy 64 West. We are able to accommodate many travelers who enjoy a variety of outdoor adventures! Historic Plymouth boasts many Nationally Recognized points of interest to Civil War enthusiasts. For those of you with an appetite for seafood, just a few miles drive can deliver you to a large variety of fresh shellfish and other delicacies. The outdoor ventures available in the area include boating, fishing, hunting, and also we have local bird watching trails available in the area. We have a variety of restaurants all within a mile that include Mexican, Italian, Seafood and Good Country Home Cookin. Bojangles is adjacent to our hotel. Nearby cities include Greenville & Elizabeth City. We are a pet friendly Hotel! Hotel features include free wireless internet, free local calls, Express Start complimentary hot food breakfast bar with many choices to choose from, such as cheese omelettes, bacon, sausage, hot biscuits and of course our world famous best tasting cinnamon rolls. We have wireless internet set up for guests use in our office center as well as a fitness center and outdoor swimming pool. We decorate our public areas in celebration of all the Holidays throughout the year! Cookies and candy are always available to our guests to satisfy their sweet tooth. Visit Plymouth, NC and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.