“My favorite go-to to get away.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Viewing foliage
More attraction details
Owner description: A park within easy driving distance from Hendersonville that offers hiking, camping and fishing.
Bluffton, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“My favorite go-to to get away.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's difficult to write a review for Pisgah National Forest. Words just don't seem to do justice to the natural majesty of the park's hundreds of waterfalls or the winding country roads hugging the mountain's edge. Policies are very liberal and it's not hard to find a spot to pitch camp. I have been to Pisgah perhaps ten times, and I never fail to find something new to marvel at. Pisgah National Forest's proximity to the Blue Ridge Parkway allows visitors to experience one of America's most picturesque drives, and the nearby town of Brevard plays host to some very quaint mom-and-pop style restaurants. Whether you are camping for extended periods or just need a memorable low-budget getaway, Pisgah National Forest cannot be beat.

Visited September 2013

12 attraction reviews
“A Real American Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited the Pisgah National Forest during our vacation in August 2013. It was very beautiful and serene. We especially enjoyed tubing. We rented our tubes next to Dolly's (see my upcoming review). I highly recommend a visit to this beautiful place. If you want to get away from a highly commercial vacation, I am certain your family would enjoy a visit to the real deal. It made me leave wanting to support the state of NC to help preserve and promote this location.

Tampa, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Lots to see and do in Pisgah National Forest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We visited a waterfall right off the main road. There were stairs to go down, but the view was great from the top as well. Then we went to Sliding Rock to watch our grand kids and our children slide down the rock into the chilly water. Fun day in Pisgah!

Potomac, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I really like the variety of falls to be seen, some have stair access from the main road, but we liked hiking to a destination. We saw many tent camps, stream side.
Restrooms are only at the visitor station.
Dolly's ice cream and Hog Wild BarBQ are located just before entering the forest.
A Walmart is around the corner for supplies.
We go every year.

Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Great View of the Mountains!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I would like to say how very much I recently enjoyed visiting the Pisgah Inn Restaurant located on the Blueridge Parkway outside of Asheville. My daughter had found this wonderful place during a previous visit and knew I would love it. We were seated right by the window overlooking the picturesque Appalachian Mountains. The food we ordered was absolutely delicious and very southern. After lunch, we went out on the balcony to take some awesome pictures...and then down to the rocking chairs located on the lawn overlooking the mountains. I couldn't have asked for a nicer place to relax and enjoy the view!

Visited July 2013