“Decent stay for CIAA weekend...” 4 of 5 stars

Save Up To 15%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Decent stay for CIAA weekend...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Was in town visiting for CIAA weekend... Although the hotel location is about 15 minutes from downtown, we had no troubles with traffic trying to get into the downtown area. This is my second time visiting this hotel. I am still impressed with the hotel, although there was a bit of a miscommunication with checking in. If you need to split payment among one or more people, I would suggest that you provide the hotel with cash instead of splitting the payment using debit or credit cards. The reason for this is that the hotel will put a hold deposit on both the card that was used to hold the reservation and any additional card(s) that you provide. This greatly upsetted my companion, but still did not ruin the stay. Management was more than understanding with this situation. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay. Hotel was quiet and adjacent to the mall, which is a plus. Breakfast was good and the breakfast coordinator was more than willing to help you with anything you needed. The housekeeping staff was cordial and made sure that you had everything that you needed. I recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Charlotte, NC area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Hubby and I NEVER get a chance to get away together-This stay was so enjoyable !We had a blast in uptown ,and had hoped to stay uptown.-BUT with all expectations were met above and beyond in PINEVILLE Hampton .We were overjoyed-even fresh waffles made and served with a smiling ,Kelly,great laughs with her EARLY in the am breakfast.We will come again this summer for carowinds,and fresh waffles.!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I had the pleasure of traveling to this hotel this past summer (I am a little late with my review)! My church family and I had about 5 rooms at the hotel and we really enjoyed ourselves and the staff was super friendly and very responsive to our needs! We will definitely be back when we are in that area! Well done Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. I've stayed here four times in the past and have always had a great experience. This weekend was an exception. I arrived to a clean room, all very adequate and to Hampton standards. I notified the front desk clerk that my sister might be joining me for night 2 of my stay (which she did) and they informed me that there would be no extra charge (which was nice). I stayed in room 126, directly across from some sort of mainetance/housekeeper's closet and the workout room. The hallway had an odd smell there, but it didn't penetrate my room, so no problem.

On Saturday I left the hotel around 11am and returned at 7pm (with sister) and discovered the room hadn't been cleaned- odd. Slight inconvenience. I went to the front desk and asked for extra towels, as I had thrown most of them on the floor ("replace"). The clerk treated me like a criminal "I need to know what room this is for, in case the towels aren't there." I informed him they were for room 126 and the only reason I was requesting them was because the room had not been made up.

Checked out Sunday at 1035. Realized halfway home (3pm) that I had left a dress that I purchased that weekend (tags still on it) in the wardrobe. I fully accept responsibility for that mistake, and I know Hampton is not responsible for lost/left items. I called the front desk hoping against hope, and spoke with Curtis, who was polite and verified my name and number. He returned the call quickly to say that the housekeeping supervisor had searched my room and no dress had been found.

Unless this Hampton Inn's wardrobe in room 126 has the portal to Narnia in it, I believe my dress was taken.

I will stay at the Comfort Suites for my return visit in March, and I will always, always, check the wardrobe.

Room Tip: don't stay near the fitness side of the first floor- rooms 122-126...hallway has an odd smell.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Joannamgn,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs – I’ll let them know that you appreciated their efforts.

I am so sorry that your room was not cleaned on Saturday of your stay here. Our standard is that we do not enter any room with a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door and I do apologize if you were not treated respectfully when you asked for extra towels.

Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience.
I hope that you’ll stay with us on your next visit so we’ll have an opportunity to make this up to you.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

Mae Nelson, General Manager
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

My husband had to travel to Charlotte for work and because we have a one month old, I decided to go with him. This hotel was great, it was so clean and comfortable! My husband had to work during the day, which left me and the baby entertaining ourselves while he was gone. This hotel was in such a great location, as I was able to walk to great shopping and restaurants while I didn't have a car. I was also able to eat a great breakfast for free at the hotel...it was not your typical cheap cold continental breakfast, they had lots to chose from (fresh fruit, oatmeal, waffles, breakfast burritos, omelettes, etc.) The coffee was also GREAT and always fresh. Another feature we enjoyed was the complimentary cookies that are availlable when you return to the hotel in the evening :)

As I stated earlier, we were traveling with a your infant and this hotel made it very easy! We stayed in one of the suites, which had a refridgerator and sink where I felt comfortable storing milk and washing bottles. I was concerned as most hotel refridegerators are not that cold, but this one was great and worked perfectly.

The gym was also really nice and had everything you needed to get a good work out. We stayed there in December so it was too cold to use the outdoor pool, but it also looked really nice!

I would definitely stay at this property again and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Charlotte for business or pleasure!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lenoir, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Traveling frequently to Charlotte for family visits, we have made the Hampton Inn and Suites in Pineville our home away from home. We are always greeted warmly by the excellent, friendly and efficient staff. Our rooms are immaculate, attractive, comfortable, and well-appointed. The Suites are truly convenient, with a fully furnished kitchen. We enjoy the business center, fitness room, and yes, the fine breakfast, with a wide variety of choices. At the top of the list is the staff, which make it feel truly like home!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Spotsylvania, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

After a long day on the road, we arrived to a warm welcome at the desk, warm cookies and coffee in the lobby. They also had an evening reception, wonderful meatballs in Italian sauce and a beautiful salad with offerings of wine selections, water, lemonade for the kiddies. We were impressed, this is offered several nights during the week we were told.

The king suite was very clean, an extremely comfortable bed, fresh comfortor too, 2 nice tv areas, kitchen and sitting area.

We stay in this area every year for the holidays, from the Omni downtown to hotels out near our family. This was the most affordable and comfortable hotel we have visited

We are planning another visit at Christmas! We love our family and with all the kids back at home, it is nice to have a wonderful retreat after holiday events to rest, relax and recharge for the next party!

Some of the rooms and suites have big, corner hot tubs for just a little more! Never take the first rate, shop a little then give the front desk a call!

They even made hot waffles for us for breakfast and brought them to the table, not a skimpy selection like most modest hotels. Great coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby all the time.
One surprise, they provided popcorn in the room to microwave if we wanted for a snack with the movies!

Room Tip: It is great if you are a Hilton Honors member! Call and plan ahead, search for the best rates, AAA...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Thank you for staying with us over the Holidays! We'd like to be your home away from home. Since the hotel business is 365 days a year, it is wonderful to get positive feedback for our Team Members twho work on Holidays. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. I will make sure our Breakfast Team gets to hear your feedback. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to writea review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!