“BED BUGS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, NC
“BED BUGS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I went to bed and everything was fine. I woke up with itchy welts all over my arms, fingers, neck, face, and legs. I spoke with manager, Mae, who was a bit defensive about the situation and attributed to something else. Although I did not find evidence in the room, it was diagnosed as bed bug bites. I had not not been anywhere else to have gotten these bites. Front desk was friendly, but that doesn't cover the pain suffering and scars I have from the terrible reaction. At least the Hampton has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I probably would be a little more forgiving if the Mae had been a little more sympathetic to the situation.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear TarheelGirly:

I am so sorry that a month after your stay here that you are still concerned about this.

When you complained at check-out about a rash, we apologized, gave our 100% satisfaction and adjusted off your room charges. We inspected the room, stripped all linen, inspected the mattress and box springs, but found no bugs.

When you complained to the Health Department the next day, the Health Department Inspector came and examined every area of the room you stayed in with a special flashlight and even checked the surrounding rooms, but found no bugs. The inspector also called you to confirm this. You can review these findings on the Mecklenburg County Health Department website.

Our professional pest control company, Steritech has thoroughly inspected the room you stayed in and found no bugs. Please feel free to contact me if you would like written proof from Steritech that bed bugs were not found in your room.

You are welcome to bring any licensed inspector to check any area of the hotel if it will help you to let this go. I hope that you find peace and love in your heart and live a healthy life.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

Mae Nelson, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

As an out of town bride, my family reserved several hotel rooms for out of town guests as well as for ourselves. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, helpfulness of the staff, the breakfasts, and the location. I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night’s stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it’s only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. Again, thank you for choosing us, and we hope you and your family come back again soon!
Pineville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We enjoyed a very special wedding weekend while staying at this hotel. We reserved a variety of rooms for our out of town guests. Everyone enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the convenience of the location to the venues nearby. Everyone was friendly and helpful to make sure our stay was both enjoyable and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2011
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear whattopack:

This is Mae Nelson, general manager of the Hampton Inn & Suites Pineville. Thanks so much for trusting us with your out of town guests for your wedding! It was such fun having your family here with us and I am glad that they were able to enjoy the beautiful Pineville area as well. Thank you for taking the time to write this review - I'll be sure to share it with all the team here at the hotel. Please keep us in mind when your friends and family come back to visit - we'd love to see them again!

All the best,
Mae and your friends at the Hampton Inn & Suites Pineville
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Clean, pleasant, good breakfast, reliable internet. We stay here several times a year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear ncmoose99:

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us in Pineville! We like to think that our guests live large in our small town. We are so pleased that you found your room to be clean, the internet reliable and the breakfast good! I will be sure to let our breakfast hostesses, housekeepers and maintenance staff know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dacula, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel in the past without any problems. However, during my most recent stay I checked the room when I first arrived for bed bugs. I found a newer mattress but also saw several bed bugs on the box springs. I immediately retreated to the front desk and asked if they had experienced any issues with bed bugs. The front desk attendant stated they have been having issues "off and on for several months." I left and stayed at another hotel that night.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for offering this feedback about your recent stay with us. A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that your experience lead you to stay at another hotel. In response to your concern about bed bugs, we stripped the room you stayed in of all linens including the bed skirting, inspected it thoroughly and did not find any bed bugs. Our front desk attendant was honest in saying that we have insects enter the building. The summer months can be especially challenging when several different unwanted guests, from ladybugs to the common housefly, try to escape the summer heat and come inside to visit. When we have these unwanted guests, we immediately put the room out of order and call in the professionals. We use Steritech for our pest control, and they ensure that the room is thoroughly treated. Then, we deep clean and refresh the room before we allow another guest to stay in it. Please feel free to contact me if you would like written proof from Steritech that bed bugs were not found in your room. We hope that you'll give us the opportunity to make this up to you and gain you back as our guest the next time you're passing through. Please let me know if ther is anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Mae Nelson, General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night in a king bed room with a jacuzzi. It was Valentine's weekend, which was our 2nd wedding anniversary, so we chose this hotel to celebrate it. The room was very clean. I did notice what looked like a wine stain on the jacuzzi area. We used the jacuzzi at about 8 p.m. We went to bed at about 10:00 p.m., and the jacuzzi started making a very loud noise like the water was running, but it wasn't. It would make this sound for about 10 minutes and then stop, and then after 10 minutes or so it would start up again. It was so loud, we couldn't hear the TV over the noise, and there was no way we were going to be able to sleep. It was very unromantic which was not what we were going for! I called the front desk, and was told the maintenance man had already gone home, and there was not another jacuzzi king room available. The only other available room was a handicapped king room where the bed was almost on the floor. We had to get dressed and change rooms at 10:30 p.m. The night was pretty much ruined for me. The next morning at checkout, we were not offered a discount or anything at all. I was very disappointed. I had always had very good experiences at Hamptons, and that is why I chose it to celebrate our anniversary. We will probably not use this hotel again, at least not a room with a jacuzzi in it. We learned our lesson!

Room Tip: Don't get a jacuzzi room!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Thank you for providing us with feedback about the noise disturbance during you Valentine's Day weekend with us. We apologize for the inconvenience to you and stand behind our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you were not completely satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. We appreciate your comments because it helps us address the issues you brought to our attention and to work with our staff so they do not occur again. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Lenoir, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Another pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn, Pineville. This time we stayed in a suite. It was so attractive, convenient and well-furnished...everything we would have needed for a long stay. I wanted to stay longer!

It is our place to stay when we go to Charlotte to visit or shop. The good complimentary breakfasts are a real plus, as well.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
maenelson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Melinda - it is such a pleasure having you here! Thanks again for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. Our entire staff enjoys visiting with you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Pineville? Share your experiences!