“Used to be great. Now so-so.” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pineville Matthews Road/Rt 51 and 485
Transit: CAT bus stop at Caroline Place Mall.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Used to be great. Now so-so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Been going to Buca or getting carry out for 12 years. Used to be our #1 pick for anniversaries, birthdays, Baptisms, etc. Food quantity and quality has been on a slow decline for a few years. Had the last straw when our staple veal parmigana was over cooked and under sauced. The large green beans were a small handful for one person. Dark choc cake was amazing but was dry and dull last few times. We're done with Buca and moving over to Ilios Noche as our new spot. Too bad, though. They used to be tremendous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

city of angels
“Buca di Beppo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was not impressed at all with the food. I was truly expecting it to taste like homecooking, but I daresay that it fell short of that goal by my estimation. The portions were a fair size for family sharing, but lacked true flavour.

“Ok family feed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Firstly don't go alone if you go! It's really a place for large portions of mediocre grub with Italian names. I was asked if I wanted a tour of the restaurant .. I declined any more kitch viewing.
It is hard to make a bad caprese salad but it was done ( unripe hard tomatoes and bitter motz). I had the linguine fruti de mare with linguine as an appetizer and it was ok with salt and pepper added, the seafood was cooked well an the pasta was al dente as I like it but there was an inordinate number of squid tentacles..... Perhaps
The other half was used for calamari?

I ordered small portions of both but they were team siZed and as I was traveling for work it was a waste.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Used to be good!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

First, we usedto love this place. However, the service and food quality has gone down. Wife asked if she could get the lunch portion for one of the items on the menu and was told no. I asked for spaghetti and meatball and asked if they had wheat spaghetti and was told yes - so i ordered just that. The guy brought out our food and when he put my plate down he said - here is the spaghetti and meatball. Well, it was penne and not spaghetti. When the guy came back i asked him - this is not spaghetti. Response - oh, we just have wheat penne not spaghetti. I mean what kind of moron would not think to mention this? So, i just let it go and said it was fine. Next, whole reason we decided to come was because we were using a coupon. I received some third degree as to we did not order the correct things to use the coupon - which was bull. So, out of the goodness of their heart - they still took 10$ off. It takes a whole heck of a lot for me not to tip - well i did not tip on this occasion. This experience was comparable to a trip to the mcdonalds at your local walmart.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.
THESALESOFFICE
“World Service....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

What an experience! Its never easy to please a large party but WOW did they! From the moment we entered we were welcomed by every staff member we were even introduced to our chef through the kitchen. The food was outstanding the ambiance nostalgic....Thank you Bucca team you truly are my top favorite for group settings and top five overall!

• Visited August 2012