“Fantastic German Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Fantastic German Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I travel several times a year to Charlotte on business and thanks to TripAdvisor found this gem in nearby Pineville on my most recent visit. I love German food and seek it out when I travel. Waldhorn is possibly the best german restaurant that I have ever found. I was in Charlotte for two eveneings and ate dinner there both nights. The firat night I started my meal with the potato pancakes and applesauce; I could have stopped right there. They were wonderful and the portion was large (four pancakes and a good serving of applesauce). I followed that with a cup of goulash soup that would have made a great main course served over egg noodles. By now, I was getting full, but the main course of Wienerschnitzel, spaetzles, and red cabbage was still to come. The schnitzel was cooked just right (two nice sized pieces) and served witha delicious brown sauce. The spaetzles were cooked perfectly and tasted great in the sauce. The cabbage was very tasty. I had to skip dessert because there was no way I could eat another bite of food that night. The following night I returned with two co-workers and we had three fantastic meals. We started by sharing an order of the potato pancakes and a sausage appetizer; needless to say, we cleaned the plates; they were great. I had Sauerbraten with spaetzles and red cabbage for my main course. The others had Wienerschnitzel and Jaegerschnitzel; both my co-workers loved their meals. Once again, we skipped dessert. Looking forward to visiting Waldhorn on my next trip to Charlotte. Only downside is the traffic at rush hour on the road that leads to Waldhorn; give yourself some extra time to get there. It's worth the trip. They also have great beers and plenty of flat screens with all the sports you want to see. A beautiful restaurant with great food. Our waitress Erin was extremely helpful and very pleasant. A must go for anyone who enjoys German food..

Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Always first rate service and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

German food that is fresh and excellently prepared. Experienced staff always flawless in their service. We lived in Germany for several years and the Waldhorn lives up to the high standards of a quality German restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Like Being Transported To Germany- Amazing Food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ate here last night with some friends who live in Charlotte. It was the first visit for all of us. WOW ! Can't wait to go back. The beer is served in Liter Steins like an authentic German Biergarten. The food was incredible. We shared a sausage platter as an appetizer and the selection and quality of all the Wursts was excellent. My main course was jaeger schnitzel vom Schwein - which is pork cutlets in a mushroom gravy with Spaeztle and red cabbage. I have family in Germany and know what good home made German food tastes like and believe me this is it.
They also have a selection of schnapps.
Our server was unbelievably helpful, friendly and made us feel like we were guests in someone's home. This really is the best meal I've had in Charlotte which I visit on business frequently. Just wonderful.

Casper, Wyoming
“German Resturant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was good and since I couldn't eat pasta, I was able to change my sides to vegtables.
The pretzel dinner rolls were the best.
We had a large family group, and our waiter was very attentive to everyone's requests and drinks refilled.

Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“One of My Top Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Visited on Wednesday evening in August. First and foremost, Brittany is absolutely wonderful. Happy, positive, very attentive, could speak the menu, and made the experience wonderful. The restaurant was very clean, the hostess was very nice and welcoming. For starters I had Franziskaner Dunkel (dark wheat beer) and Franziskaner Hefeweizen (light wheat beer) with the later being the better but both were enjoyable. A bread basket consisting of a normal white roll and an awesome pretzel roll. If you look at my pictures it is already half eaten LOL. I could have eaten these all night. Appetizer was Gebackener Ziegenkase (see picture for description). Excellent taste and presentation. Dinner was Gebratene Ente (roast duck with orange/apple sauce, red cabbage and home fries). Duck was excellent providing you like duck. My wife would not have liked it because she would not like any duck. Red cabbage sounds easy but you have to do it right. It was done right. Home fries were rather bland but I cleaned my plate. This will sound very boring and mainstream but I had the apple strudel for desert. It's homemade and oh my gosh so good. The down side; I live 600 miles from this place. A definite recommend for the Waldhorn. PS. Brittany rocks!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere