“German Resturant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Casper, Wyoming
“German Resturant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was good and since I couldn't eat pasta, I was able to change my sides to vegtables.
The pretzel dinner rolls were the best.
We had a large family group, and our waiter was very attentive to everyone's requests and drinks refilled.

Visited July 2013

Tampa, Florida
“One of My Top Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Visited on Wednesday evening in August. First and foremost, Brittany is absolutely wonderful. Happy, positive, very attentive, could speak the menu, and made the experience wonderful. The restaurant was very clean, the hostess was very nice and welcoming. For starters I had Franziskaner Dunkel (dark wheat beer) and Franziskaner Hefeweizen (light wheat beer) with the later being the better but both were enjoyable. A bread basket consisting of a normal white roll and an awesome pretzel roll. If you look at my pictures it is already half eaten LOL. I could have eaten these all night. Appetizer was Gebackener Ziegenkase (see picture for description). Excellent taste and presentation. Dinner was Gebratene Ente (roast duck with orange/apple sauce, red cabbage and home fries). Duck was excellent providing you like duck. My wife would not have liked it because she would not like any duck. Red cabbage sounds easy but you have to do it right. It was done right. Home fries were rather bland but I cleaned my plate. This will sound very boring and mainstream but I had the apple strudel for desert. It's homemade and oh my gosh so good. The down side; I live 600 miles from this place. A definite recommend for the Waldhorn. PS. Brittany rocks!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Griffin, Georgia
“Real German Food -- finally!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was recently visiting Charlotte, NC and wanted German food. I found this restaurant online and went to their Sunday brunch. Wow! I had their sauerbraten hash with Spätzle. Oh my how delicious. I was leery of the term hash, but when we make sauerbraten at home the best parts are the bits and pieces left over after carving -- that seems to be what the hash is.

It was wonderful. The Spätzle were the best I've ever had at a restaurant. In fact better than mine. I asked how they make them so flat and tender and they brought out the press for me to see. I went on line that night and bought one direct from Germany.

I sampled their sausages also -- great. I had a piece of strudel and that was also delicious. There were so many homemade deserts to choose from but I had my fill. Several draft German beers were available.

This place is minutes from downtown Charlotte. Right off the expressways so don't be deterred by the location in Pineville. It is well worth the several minute trip!

Enjoy!

• Visited July 2013
Mount Holly, North Carolina
“Everything German You Could Hope For!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I met on a semester abroad in Germany, and we continually seek out quality German restaurants. Having recently moved to Charlotte, we are delighted to have found this great place! Everything about it is authentic and outstanding. The beer selection is the best we have found at any German restaurant in The United States. Not only do they serve a great variety of German beers, a lot of them are on draft!
The menu contains a wide variety of choices with both starters and meals. The potato pancakes are fantastic and they have breaded dumplings that are authentic. I had the Jaeger schnitzel and it was very tasty and perfectly prepared. We also had the sausage sampler and it was perfect. My wife had venison and it was another gem.
They also have a mug club that we both joined. The club includes half liter steins, discounts on beers, and special events that are held throughout the year. We will be back often. The atmosphere is pure Bavaria! If you love German, this is your place to go!

• Visited July 2013
“Best German Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

This best German food my wife and I have ever eaten. Atmosphere is excellent as well as the service. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2013