“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Ahoskie, NC
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had reservation for two nights, Sat & Sun nights. Arrived a little early, no problem with early arrival, as Shannon was so pleasant. Also provided room near elevator as I was really too tired to walk too far down the hall. Enjoyable stay after I figured best thermostat setting on second day..... Will stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Guest_Ser_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hi RitaBAhoskie_NC,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. Four Points by Sheraton Pineville takes pride in delivering great customer service and providing everything a guest may need to have a comfortable stay. We are pleased to hear Shannon handled all your needs and you felt comfortable while you were here. Please come back and visit us next time your are in the area. Thank You

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Farmingdale, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I chose this hotel based on the very good reviews and the fact that they had room service-clearly anyone that left a good review does not have a high expectation regarding customer service. The room was clean, felt sort of like a dungeon but it was clean-only positive I can give you. Now, let me get to what I was dissatisfied with- when i booked my reservation online I made multiple notes regarding early check in, I arrived at the hotel at 1pm after a long day of travel, I had something to do and wanted to freshen up and change my clothes. I was told the room was not ready and was offered no other solution, the front desk called housekeeping and was told it would be ready by 3. When I came back to the hotel I was starving. We went to the room and ordered room service, I called at 4:45 and was told by someone who answered they don't open until 5. I said that was fine I just want to place the order and they could deliver it after they open. Then a woman got on the phone and sounded annoyed and also told me they weren't open yet but she would take the order. Like she was doing me some great favor or something. I reiterated they can deliver it whenever. We ordered 2 quesadillas, a grilled cheese, a chicken sandwich and a kids pizza. 40 min later we received it and every item was literally not edible. The quesadillas were on a pita and microwaved. The grilled cheese was on thick disgusting bread, the chicken sandwich was disgusting frozen chicken and the pizza was also on pita bread. I gave the woman who delivered the food a generous tip and then noticed there was a 2.00 delivery fee. I couldn't understand this fee bc it was literally down one hallway-ridiculous. I called to complain about the quesadilla mainly since they said nothing about a pita. It specifically said a tortilla. Had I known I never would have ordered it. The woman told me she would refund both quesadillas. Fine. Then we went out for the evening. When we got back I called for an extra blanket at about 930pm-the girl at the desk told me she was there by herself and it would take her a while to bring it. I asked if I could come get it to speed up the process (again keep in mind I'm one short hallway away from her) she tells me the room they keep the blankets is by my room anyway. Finally about an hour later she brings me the blanket. Which confuses me since I can't imagine she had guests rapidly checking in for an hour to where she couldn't quickly run down the hall with my blanket. We decided to check out at the desk to ensure the 12 dollars had been removed from our bill. It was not. The man at the desk told me to go see a server about it even though neither server was present when the original incident occurred. He told me he could do nothing for me and sent me back to the front desk. He said he didn't know how to do it either. My boyfriend suggested to simply charge us 12 dollars less on our stay. He said he would wait for the manager. Ghhu

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest_Ser_Manager, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hi Dominique C,

On behalf of the Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte-Pineville we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. We understand that your stay was not to the level of service you expected from the past reviews and we appreciate your honesty in the feedback you provided. Through sharing your experience we will be able to better pinpoint areas that need improvement so that on a service level we can continue to get better. Our staff does strive to provide excellent service and we encourage you to come back in order to show you the type of service you deserve. Thank You for the feedback
Christiansburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had high expectations from this hotel. I have stayed there before but I was disappointed this time. We checked in, were given our room key and then spent about 5 minutes trying to get the door open. I went back to the desk (all my luggage in hand) and was given new keys, the second set of keys didn't work either. The attendant came to the room and tried and determined that the door was broken. We were told to stay there and he would find a new room for us. We stood awkwardly outside the room for about 10 minutes and the attendant returned with new keys for a new room. The new room opened fine and we were given breakfast vouchers. I have absolutely no complaints about the staff member. We took our luggage into the second room and left for the day. When we returned to the room the living area of the room was wet and there was an active leak. I called the desk and the attendant told me he would call me back immediately. After 20 minutes I went to the desk because I had not gotten a return call. At this point we were given keys to the room next door. Finally the third room was a keeper. It was very clean, no leaks, and the door worked. It was just frustrating to have to move rooms and be shuffled. The staff was super friendly in regards to the room.

We went down the first morning to use our free breakfast voucher. The attendant working the breakfast area was very rude. We decided after the first meal the free voucher wasn't worth it and I would rather pay for a meal somewhere than deal with the rudeness of the staff in the breakfast area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Guest_Ser_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hi Kim H,

On behalf of the Four Points by Sheraton Pineville I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. In order for us to improve and maintain a certain standard of services and products guest feedback is essential in getting this accomplished. With the emphasis we put on guest service your experience with us is not acceptable and we will utilize your feedback to get better. We do appreciate you choosing our hotel and we invite you back so that you can experience our customer service and commitment at its highest level.
temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Has a very 'homey' feel when you walk in. Room had a very neat layout with a king bed and a pullout sofa. Huge bathroom, lots of furniture. Just a very cool room that was well worth the money.. No complaints. Room was clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was $5 and was definitely worth it..a lot of restaurants nearby for dinner.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Guest_Ser_Manager, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hi temecula951,

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a good review. Not only do we pride ourselves on guest service we try even harder to maintain a clean, comfortable facility for all guests to enjoy. We are also excited to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and the convenient location to shopping/restaurants. We appreciate your stay with us and as always we invite you back whenever your in town. Thank You
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stumbled upon this hotel by chance on our way back home from Florida and were we pleasantly surprised. This hotel looked to be brand new and everything about it from the room size, quality of bedding, staff, etc. was fantastic. The buffet breakfast was one of the best we've ever experienced and how can you beat the cost of $5 pp. We will definitely be staying at this hotel every year as we pass thru on our way to & from Florida.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Guest_Ser_Manager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hi piezon50,

We are grateful and fortunate that you stumbled across our hotel and chose to stay with us. Our staff works extremely hard to maintain the quality and service first mindset for our guests. We thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback and we look forward to hosting you again at Four Points by Sheraton Pineville.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Very friendly, helpful staff. Nice big rooms and bathrooms. Staff all over the hotel is friendly and helpful. Location is very good, surrounded by good quality restaurants, good variety of cuisine. Mall across the road (crossing a busy road by foot quite dangerous......). Hotel offer shuttle service to train station in Pineville for a quick ride in to Charlotte. Pool available in season and a gym room with x-trainer and treadmill for when you start feeling guilty about that big portions!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Guest_Ser_Manager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hi Karina H,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review. On behalf of Four Points by Sheraton Pineville we would like to thank you for your business. Our staff takes pride in the appearance of the hotel and most of all the service we provide to each and every guest. We are pleased to hear you had a memorable stay and that you enjoyed the local amenities around our hotel. We invite you back whenever you are in the area and we eagerly await your return.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was married in November but we had never had a honeymoon, I wanted to do something special for Valentine's weekend as of this point my husband and I are living in two separate cities.
I went to the hotel in person to book a room, was helped by Josh, who was superb. When I told him I wanted a romantic experience he explained their romance package to me, it sounded great and it WAS!!!! Met all our expectations. Josh was also there when I checked in, answered all our questions immediately. The room was set up even nicer than explained by Erin the food and beverage manager! We had a dozen roses and two long-stemmed roses, one on each pillow, there were two little bottles of champagne and a bowl of strawberries. A gift certificate was included for the restaurant downstairs, we decided to do that on the Friday night (Valentine's). There were a lot of people there watching Olympic hockey, Josh and Chelsea moved us pretty quickly to a private room for dinner and waited on us there!!! The next morning we got our in-room breakfast included in the package, was very wonderful, omelets, coffee, fruit, everything we needed, they did not bring salt and pepper originally but brought some within about three minutes after we pointed it out. We had brought a cake with us, they gave us plates and a cake cutter for that. I asked for a vase for the long stemmed roses and they gave us that. Upon checkout, I had asked for something to put all my roses in because they were still pretty and they gave us foil to wrap them in to bring them home. It was wonderful, romantic weekend, just what I was hunting, so happy we did this, was more than I could have expected. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest_Ser_Manager, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hi Susan12121,

On behalf of Four Points by Sheraton we are pleased that your stay was a good, memorable experience. We enjoyed servicing your every need and more importantly we enjoyed your company. Our staff was excited to hear of your review and we are eager to have you as a guest when you return to the area. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a glowing review.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte - Pineville? Share your experiences!