“Ok Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Ok Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here to visit family for 5 days. It met our needs. The hotel is a good location. The room was orderly but worn. There are many places to eat. The front desk staff are totally awesome and very friendly. Breakfast had variety of choices and was plentiful. It was also well maintained. You even use real plates and use regular not plastic utensils. The indoor pool was a nice bonus to use to relax after a day of visiting. I did use the gym once. It was nice but could have used some sanitizing wipes for the equipment. Internet service was wonderful as was the television selection. The hotel was quiet except for the occasional late night road noise when the police would zoom by. Fair value for the area. The bed comfort was fair. That said, housekeeping could definitely be better...we had a cob web hanging from the wall our entire stay right near the tv. and just under the edge of the bed was something that was missed (pretzel or something) our entire visit. You noticed it when the spread was pulled back. The other drawback was the laundry facilities are located on the 3rd floor which is a smoking floor. If you are sensitive to smoke, DO NOT GO UP. I have asthma and decided I would still do one load of laundry (just use the stairwell which was right by the washer and dryer...not walk the hallway ) and I still ended up wheezing afterwards. We are not sure we will use this hotel when we come to the area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidS3245, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I will relay your concerns to the housekeeping manager. We do appreciate your business and we hope that you will come visit us again soon.

Kind regards,
Mgmt & Staff
Quality Suites Pineville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here for a week after staying in nearby holiday inn .had to move to this hotel as holiday inn was fully booked.the room was as good as holiday inn but overall something is missing which doesn't give it a neat look,elevator,common area need some rework.as some fellow traveler commented third floor is not for those who dont smoke.
Breakfast is ok and remain exactly same for a the duration i stayed .staff is good and cooperative.

Room Tip: avoid 3rd floor if you are non smoker
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Hotel is in a great location. Pictures doesn't describe it correctly when it comes to the rooms. Each room can sleep 6 easily.... nice flat screen TVs but beds are awful. Check in was great and the clerk even gave me free passes to putt putt golf for the kids. Real nice of her. I would stay here again if they update the beds ... they are sooooo hard and dipped at the headboard having to sleep at the foot lol.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cape May, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed overnight, and thought the hotel was OK. I booked last minute for a business trip, and was just looking for somewhere cheap. The location of the hotel is great, lots of restaurants, shopping, and the mall nearby. The room was decent, clean, however, there were blemishes on furniture and walls/ceilings, but that's almost to be expected at a Choice Hotels property. Check in was easy but when I booked, there was a place on the reservation form on the Choice Hotels website for special requests, I asked for late check-out. After driving all day and sitting in traffic, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to remember to ask. It was never brought up or acknowledged. I just ended up leaving at the normal time. Also, be aware of the safe fee they charge. Its $2 but its not posted anywhere. Didn't notice until I was already home. Feel a little bit duped and taken advantage of. I probably won't be back to this hotel because of that. What else would they have charged me for if I had been on a longer stay?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ellijay, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Place smelled like an ash tray, AC unit banged and clanked all night, TV remote didn't work, kept scanning from channel to channel....front desk said said they knew about the "glitch" but had "no clue" how to fix it, could not get in internet...they gave me a number for tech support, I would have thought that was THEIR job to do, not mine. Itty bitty square pillows and worn out beds. DO NOT STAY HERE...EVER!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DavidS3245, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you for the internet connectivity issue. The WIFI guest internet is managed by a third party and they are the ones that need to diagnose each specific issue. That is why you were given a contact number for the support desk. The hotel front desk agents are here to service the needs of the guest but technology issues with networks are best left to the professionals. Additionally I have gone to your room and was able to connect to the WIFI via a smart phone with no issue. However I have had our third party provider submit quotes for upgrading the system. Our maintenance staff has addressed the AC noise as well. Again I do offer my apologies and hope that you will come see us again.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel itself was awesome. Friendly front Desk special thanks to Terrence for a great job. We had a bus of 55 people and he handle it with easy. Its was his first night on duty by himself he did a great job. The breakast was a great buffet and when the main part was to full the manger open another room so we all had somewhere to seat. Great place to stay.
The Alabama Group

Room Tip: all the rooms are suites
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
DavidS3245, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We work hard to make our guests feel at home and welcome. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Pineville. I will let Torrence know that he made your stay wonderful.

Kind regards,
David Sammet
Quality Suites Pineville
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This review is based on my most recent stay as I have stayed here in the past and chose not to review. My Mom taught me, if you cant say something nice.....well, you know!
The staff at this small hotel is friendly and helpful, housekeeping is top notch and the breakfast host fantastic. With all that said, I highly advise you stick to the first floor rooms as floors 2 and 3 are a different place all together and dont even get me started on the laundry room! Rhonda has a whit all her own and makes the place feel like home. Luis is the "resident " jack of all trades and keeps the property running well. We have been so impressed with Juan, the breakfast host that I joked with the new general manager, "You lose him, you lose me!" How, you ask, can a breakfast host make such a difference?" You will just have to stay there and meet him for yourself!

Room Tip: Stick to the first floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!