“Not for Kids” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Pineville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not for Kids”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

As a diamond member with choice I was not treated like one by the owner who wanted to charge me extra for a double bed opposed to an upgrade in which my "status" allows. After finally getting in the room while on the bed I smelled something gross so i sniffed the bed and there was a urine smell coming from the comforter. My 7month olds knees were black from crawling on the floor and it was very noisy. Not to mention they try to charge $2 per night plus tax for a safe and tried to charge me an extra $5 my second night. The breakfast woman is very rude and tries to get tips for putting out food A.K.A her job.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
qualitysuitespinevil, Webmaster at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review the following actions were taken:

1) The owner and the breakfast woman both received additional instruction regarding the courteous, respectful way in which they, as our representatives, are to treat our valued guests.

2) The breakfast woman was made aware that asking for tips is not allowed nor appropriate.

3) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Suites At Carolina Place Mall. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

The staff, rooms, breakfast, location, cleanliness were excellent!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

All of the rooms for my group were personally and strategically assigned by the GM. The hotel staff went above and beyond to insure all our requests were accomodated. Very recommendable; extra clean rooms for the rate.

• Stayed March 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Having stayed at this Quality Suites before, I decided to book another stay over Thanksgiving. It appears that there is new management in place, as the staff I encountered here were different from my previous stay. But like before, everyone was friendly and helpful.

I was booked into 318, which by irony was the same suite I was booked into during my previous stay. Not much has changed since then... it's still a roomy, clean, nicely laid-out suite that is basically in good condition with some minor wear and tear issues here and there... the most noticeable being the uneven/wrinkled carpeting near the entrance. Again, nothing major, and it certainly didn't keep me from enjoying my stay. The bed was comfortable with nice, soft linens, and I also liked having two flat-panel TVs and a refrigerator in the room. Wireless internet access was fast enough, though I do wish more hotels in general offered free broadband wired access as well. The elevator could use a re-finish, though, as it shows definite signs of age. And although the hotel is fine as-is, a renovation could turn it into something really nice and take care of those few wear and tear things.

I actually think the breakfast selection has improved since last time... this time they had sausage and hash browns as opposed to the bacon from my last stay. And for a free hotel breakfast, it was quite good. Like before I did not get chance to use the indoor pool or exercise room, but the hotel offers both features.

My second stay at this Quality Suites certainly did not disappoint, and it still gets my recommendation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
kingsport TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I chose this hotel because it was one of the few I could find near Carowinds with an indoor pool. The pool was small but the water and pool area were clean and for whatever reason we had it to ourselves which was nice. The rooms were also nice and the beds quite comfortable. The only down side was that there was a very noticible smoke odor when upon exiting the elevator on the 3rd floor (which appeared to be a no smoking floor based on all the rooms on our end). When I got to the room I did not think I smelled smoke, however a few times throughout the evening some smoke smell would waft up. I suspect there must have been people smoking below us, or somewhere fairly nearby. Breakfast was fine, not a large selection but enough. The staff was friendly as well. The rooms were not quiet, but the beds are a good ways from the door which helps with hallway noise. I would still consider staying here again for the indoor pool and the location near Carolina Place mall and Carowinds. We also went to Discovery Place science/childrens museum and would highly recommend that.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
qualitysuitespinevil, Webmaster at Quality Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad that your stay was such a pleasant one and that you were able to enjoy the pool and your room. Thank you for telling us that you found our staff to be pleasant. We would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

I’m very glad you were able to enjoy our local attractions.

Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken.

• We talked with the maintenance staff to see what could be done to prevent smoke odor from coming up through the floor to rooms above.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Let me first say that I am not the hardest person to please and dont normally complain about much but this hotel just did not meet my expectations after reading the positive reviews it received on Tripadvisor.
We chose this hotel over the new Holiday Inn Express down the street because this was an all suites hotel and the extra room is always nice when traveling with little ones.
We checked in at 1:30 (with 5 cars in the parking lot) and the person behind the desk said "You're checking in already"? (check in is at 3) I noticed the lights were off in the small lobby area. The place just seemed dead. But it was a Wednesday...
We got to our room which was ok but the "living" area in the room is very cramped with tooooo much furniture.
We went swimming in the indoor pool for a little while which also had the lights off. We turned the ligts on but after about 20 minutes the hotel manager came in and asked us if we really needed them on and we said we guessed not so he turned them off...Not that it was dark or anything but it was not really bright in there either. With the lights off it just looked kind of gloomy.
We went back to the room and soon realized the toilet was clogged and the shower was not draining. I went down to the front desk and asked if someone could up and get everything working to which I was told that they currently didnt have a maintenance person. The maintenance person had quit and they were looking for another one. Someone would stop by everyday to see if they needed anything but they didnt know if he would be by that evening or not until morning...they offered us a plunger to work on the toilet ourselves or to move us to another room but we had just unpacked everything and we didnt want to have to lug everything to another room. The problem was finally resolved but it was unsettling to know that there was no one to handle any issues that came up.
The hotel was quiet but mainly because no one else was staying here...
I did notice there was some shady looking guy just hanging around in the media room and walking around the property 2 of the 3 days were there.
The breakfast was ok. Powdered eggs are alright every now and then but I could not eat them 3 days in a row. The biscuits must not have been good (I didnt have any) because I didnt see anyone finish them. I had to go thru about 5 plates before I found a clean one. Looked like they just dipped them in some water...didnt really wash them.
The thing that took the cake was seeing a mouse scurry along the 1st floor hallway corridor and under the door and into room 110. I told the woman at the front desk and she said she would alert someone about it. Who? Maintenance?? I have stayed many places but NEVER have I seen a mouse in any other hotels. Not even in much older places...
Next time we will either go to the HIE or stay at the Comfort Inn at the entrance of Carowinds (which was great by the way).
I have no clue how this hotel won a Gold Award. I am wondering if they got the banner somewhere else and just stuck it up...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Suites At Carolina Place Mall for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our pool. We are very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the resignation of our maintenance person.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were take:

1) Staff is looking into the possibility of mice in the building. Hopefully this was a case of the one animal getting in.

2) We are making sure that there is a plan in place to best handle the situation should maintenance resign.

Travelers are raving about these Pineville hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Pineville is just outside of Charlotte and close to the airport. We were visiting family and stayed at the Quality Suites. It was a lovely hotel and very convienent to everything. I will go back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!