“Enjoyable, modern, quiet and very friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Pinehurst
Parksville, Canada
“Enjoyable, modern, quiet and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We fully enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly, professional and accommodating. While being a busy hotel, the rooms, common areas, breakfast areas were immaculate. This is a modern, easily accessible hotel near lots of golf, shopping and dining. A definite "must stay" on our next visit to the Pinehurst area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is well kept and very clean with attractive furnishings and comfortable beds. The rooms were large and the sitting room, fridge, microwave and large work areas make it pleasant and convenient to stay. Staff was friendly and efficient and the value was outstanding - I would certainly return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Large, attractively furnished, well cared for. And, Muriel, the Operations Director was unbelievable. Just a beacon of light as you enter the lobby. Always greets you by name and remembers any nuances. After having to leave our house because of repairs necessitated by water damage, she made a rather long stay feel like a family vacation.

The "continental breakfast" should more appropriately be called a breakfast buffet--there was nothing lacking.

After staying in 6 or 7 different hotels in the Pinehurst area, this one really topped them all. I will never consider staying anywhere else in PInehurst and will consider them on any travels elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We had a really great time. Staff was very professional and accommodating. All our guests liked the hotel as we had 10 rooms. Hotel was under renovation at the time but it didn't interfere. Pool was great. Location was easy access to everywhere and food stores nearby. Look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2012
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Visited Pinehurst for a golf and spa week-ne at the Pinehurst Golf resort. Hotel was just emodeled in June 2012. New paint and all new furniture. Water pressure in the shower could be better. Service was excellent.. Breakfast was okay.

Very nice since the remodeling done in June 2012.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I reserved two rooms side by side/adjoining door. Initially, the clerk could not find the reservations when checking in so I provided my confirmation information. (I was at another Springhill 2 weeks prior no issues, 3 weeks later another location no issues {training issue?}). We arrive at the rooms they are side by side without the adjoining door. Fine we will deal with it but going into the bathroom was another matter.

The shower curtain had mold on it....not dirt but mold--sizable amount. I go to the front desk and the clerk apologized and said he could move us or have housekeeping replace curtain first thing in the morning. We still wanted a room near our group so we said ok to the curtain being replaced the following day.

The next morning we went shopping early because housekeeping was supposed to come first thing in the morning per clerk. Not exactly: I received a phone call 2 hours later from member in other room. Housekeeping has been to the room 3 times saying they are checking out of the hotel on that day. She wants to clean the room when are they leaving? She came back 3 times but my friend tried to explain we were staying for 3 days. Housekeeper said the room was being discharged per her information. I told my friend not to worry I would talk to the front desk.
I explained the situation to the new clerk. She looks in the system and says the night clerk has the room down for discharge? I explained the situation about the moldy shower curtain in MY room and that I agreed to stay because night clerk would notify housekeeping to change the curtain first thing in the morning.

That was not noted at at all, also even if I agreed to relocate the clerk had the wrong room in the system. PLUS THE SHOWER CURTAIN WAS STILL IN THE ROOM. I am a Marriott rewards member -- check out is always at 12. If we were leaving why was someone at the door 3 times before 10 am??? This is the final blow the housekeeping supervisor was standing behind front desk so she heard everything.

She walks down the hall with me towards the room speaking negatively about the night clerk. Small world because he did the same exact thing the night before. He was bold enough to say: "oh we recently hired new housekeepers maybe they haven't been trained properly or they don't know what to do."

The negative talk from the desk clerk and housekeeper supervisor is enough for us to never stay at this location again. Every company knows that even if the problem is INTERNAL STAFF don't relay the information to the customer. They literally threw each other under the bus. He spoke poorly about the housekeeping staff and she did the same thing about the front desk.

What ever happened to accepting responsibility and just make the situation right? No need for negative communication. Also, I don't care if a person was never trained properly. A blind man could see all that mold. The curtain should have been replaced a long time ago. The supervisor had the nerve to say its been really warm here lately. Really now I was just in Tampa Springhills location 2 weeks prior and it was hot there too and there was no mold.

Training, or poor management something is just not right at this location. The floor leading from the back entrance was wet frequently no one appeared to be around to clean up. Accident waiting to happen! The hot items for breakfast were brought out slowly after running out.

One last problem on the next day our room key for stopped working. We thought it was one key ok maybe it was next to the cell phone. Nope both keys??? I go back to the front desk and to my surprise now MY room is down for discharge. This is the same clerk who fixed the issue about the other room on the previous day.....she did apologize and provided new keys. How that happened I don't know....basically too many issues between Thursday and Saturday. We were happy to leave on Sunday!!!!

I will say this don't judge a chain by one hotel. I am back in Tampa and this Springhill is excellent and has outstanding service. I have more upcoming reservations with various Marriott chain hotels. Personally, I love Marriott hotels and overall service has been great in many different states/regions. Just not here which leads me to look at management/training.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel. Great location. Good rooms. It also had a small putting green in the back. Small adequate kitchen and sitting room. Good pizza place across the street. Close to grocery, drug store, and a few clothing stores.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to SpringHill Suites Pinehurst? Share your experiences!