“Unprofessional, chaotic - terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Elliott's on Linden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 40 restaurants in Pinehurst
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 5
Gainesville, Florida
“Unprofessional, chaotic - terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We decided to go to Elliott's to celebrate our friend returning from a deployment and almost had the night ruined by our bad experience at this restaurant.

We had reserved a table but arrived early so we sat down at the bar where a grumpy bar tender ignored us for 15 minutes until we politely asked for drink menus. He handed us one menu and when we asked for additional menus, it seemed like a major operation for them to locate two more. We ordered three different cocktails - all of them extremely sweet and unbalanced so unless you like your drinks sugary sweet, stay away from their cocktails.

I asked the bar tender if he could take a photo of us which he denied! He said he was too busy. Really? Holding a camera for 5 seconds and pushing one button?

When the rest of the party arrived (we were six) the waitress seated us on a very small table. It felt very crammed and uncomfortable. It took forever for our drinks to come out and the wine I ordered never showed up. It was impossible to flag down the waitress as she was either rushing by or completely out of sight for long periods of time. I ended up ordering directly from the bar.

We had to wait 1.5h for our entrees to come out and half of them weren't cooked to order.
My friends burger was undercooked, my ravioli were definitely undercooked and terribly salty. On top of that, I had ordered from the appetizer menu and asked the waitress if they could serve an entree size portion. She ensured me that the appetizer portion was very generous so there wasn't any need to double the portion. When my order finally came out, I had four ravioli on my plate after close to two hours of waiting! Plus two out of six entrees came out with a 10 minute delay which means four of us had their food get cold before we could all eat together.

The entire place seemed completely disorganized and chaotic. We even had to ask for a water refill.

Before we left, I was handed a paper bag with another portion of my ravioli - at least the waitress realized she had made a terrible recommendation. They offered us free desserts but we just wanted to leave at that point.

Won't be returning to Elliott's and cannot recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mark E, Owner at Elliott's on Linden, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Ms_Sunshine_DE,

I am truly appalled by the service you received at my restaurant, and have replaced the bartender, who failed to meet our standards in every way. I sincerely hope you’ll give us a chance to remedy your experience in January or February, or when you’re next travelling through town. We were aware that we failed you regarding the burger but were wholly unaware of the other compounding issues with your evening and truly apologize. If you call the restaurant and explain your situation, we hope to treat you to a memorable Elliotts experience, on us.
My sincerest apologies,
Mark Elliott

78% Recommend
“Cornucopia of flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Varied menu, something to appeal to every taste. Entres featured an interesting mixture of flavors and textures. Only complaint - chicken was slightly overlooked. Beautiful presentation of food. Warm ambience, lively discussions / noise level but not overpowering.

Yadkinville, North Carolina
“Finally talked my husband into going”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had heard how "pricey" it was so my husband was reluctant to go to Elliott's. And of course after we had dinner here he wanted to come back the very next day for lunch! It's like all nice restaurants, some items are expensive but you don't have to order those! Food was fresh, tasty, different and most enjoyable. Loved the new cozy bar area too. Service was very knowledgeable and friendly but it took way too long to get our first drinks ordered and delivered. Also took way too long for a refill. Other than that, very pleasant experience and well worth the "pricey."

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Carolina
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

A big thanks to Kerry for preparing such a delicious noon meal. The Ratatouille & Buffalo Mozzarella Crepe, and Shellfish and Goat Cheese Grits were first-class. Ditto the Crème Brulee. Attentive, knowledgeable servers.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Amazing Food, Atmosphere & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Loved this restaurant… The ambiance is quaint, eclectic & elegant. The service was great – focused on our needs, warm & friendly, yet not overbearing. Wine list and cocktails did not disappoint and now the best part…. the food. The menu was surprisingly diverse; offerings you expect to find in fine restaurants in larger metropolitan areas, while embracing the local/Southern food traditions (including vegetables from their own garden). No disappointments from appetizers to entrées to desert! We will definitely be making reservations on our next trip to Pinehurst.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant