“We Love Hickory Tavern” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“We Love Hickory Tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Yes, it can be loud - especially if there is an "important" sporting event going on. BUT, the food is really good and consistent and the wait staff is excellent. Their "Build Your Own Salad" is just fantastic. You pick out what greens you want and 6 add ons from a big list, and you get lots! My husband loves the fish tacos and flat breads (which are like pizza.) It's a sports type bar so there are lots of TVs - expect that. I love to go for lunch. We go often and have never been disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania
“Nice Sports Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Everyone was very helpful and my grandson loved the wings! Our granddaughter loved the BBQ chicken and she's even a picky eater! My wife was great and mine was good too.

Visited June 2013
“Will never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We used to go here all the time, I'm talking multiple times per week, but it has gone very much downhill and the manager is a jerk. I gave the manager some constructive criticism one day, on an item we ordered every single time we were there. In recent months, it's quality had consistently been poor. We kept trying it, didn't mention it for several visits, giving them the benefit of having a bad dish go out, finally I had to tell hem. This once favorite, we would not be ordering anymore due to the awful quality. I prefaced what I was about to tell the manager with the fact that we did not want anything for free but that we thought they should know what longtime, loyal customers thought..... The manager was very condescending, and argued with me when he tried to blow off my concerns, I told him this had happened the last several times on the same dish, and he shook his head and argued more. We will NEVER be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Definition of a true sports bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed next door at the Comfort Inn and got to this place about 8pm on Saturday night. Even though it was crowded, we got right in and got seated quickly. The waitress was right there and I was thrilled that we had our drinks within 5 minutes. The sensory stimulation is not for the weak so if you are looking for quiet ambience this is not the place. Every sporting event imaginable was on the multiple screens. There were small tables, large tables, and a nice bar. The food went from appetizers all the way up to nice dinners. The draft beer was cold and our food (even with the crowd) came within 15 minutes.
My understanding is that there are other Hickory Taverns in NC and if they are run as efficiently as this one, I will frequent them when I can find them. Great place

Visited June 2013
Front Royal, Virginia
“Late Lunch was great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This fairly large multi-tv travern was super in the early afternoon after golf. The wait staff was quick and helpful. The chile, large burger and fries were humongous. A little pricy for lunch but it was quite enjoyable.

• Visited May 2013