“Overpriced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Manor - Pinehurst Resort

The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinehurst
The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
Save Saved
You added The Manor - Pinehurst Resort to your Saves list
5 Community Rd., Pinehurst, NC 28374   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Pinehurst B&B and Inns
Durham, North Carolina
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Rooms in The Manor have not changed much in the last 50 years except for updated bathrooms and an LCD TV. There is internet but it is only on a plug-in cable and not on wireless throughout the hotel. The staff are friendly and capable and the resort provides shuttle transportation between the various facilities on the site, otherwise they charge $200/night plus tax and resort fees for a $60/night quality room. Breakfast at 6:00 am was cold cereal and orange juice. You could get a glass of wine at 5:00 and tea was served in the lobby of one of the other hotels. The location is convenient to the Village but there is not much there. Stay at The Hampton or Homewood Suites, they are less money for a much better hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My Father and I stayed here for a golf school trip last month. The lady in the lobby was just fantastic at giving us advice and as friendly as she could be. The Manor probably isn't the nicest hotel at the resort, but my father and I loved it. It has tons of old photos everywhere (like Yogi Berra and buddies at the resort in the 50s) as well as Donald Ross and the early century players. We booked a double room which was actually two bedrooms with a shared bathroom. It was perfect for us. The shuttle service can get you anywhere you need to go in just minutes. The Air Conditioner was a little noisy, but I was so tired each night it really didn't matter. Also, there is a great "living room" type area downstairs with leather couches and a large flat screen TV for watching sporting events. The only thing that bothered me was that the two lamps in my room were antique or just cheaply made replicas and were both on the verge of breaking. I used the overhead light. I'll save my reviews for the golf and restaurants for another review, but they were both TOP NOTCH. We were impressed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Morehead City, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Old, a little run down, retrofitted, but close to the Village for food/drink/shopping and having the resort shuttle service makes life easier. Would not choose to stay here for more than a night or two.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Manor doesn't even feel like pinehurst. If you have to stay here, stay home.The room are tiny and not very pretty. You are far from everything. I was so diappointed as I had really looked forward to this trip to the hotel and the spa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Amherst, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had the pleasure of being invited to a business meeting held at the Pinehurst.This was my first visit to the area. There are 3 buildings as part of the Pinehurst country club. I stayed at the Holly Inn with the meetings at the Carolina.

The main building is the Carolina and it was a beautiful monument to the grace, beauty and tranquility of a classic resort. The Holly Inn was located a short walk (or bus ride) from the Carolina. It was the original hotel for Pinehurst. It was smaller, intimate and every bit as beautiful and welcoming as the larger Carolina. The advantage to the Inn was its location a adjacent to the center of the Pinehurst village shops.

The resort offfered all the amenities needed for the business conference including excellent cell phone and internet access. While at the same time retaining the level of service and ambiance of a traditional resort hotel.

Not being a golfer, I did not take advantage of the available facilities. However, my colleagues that were golfers assured me the courses, staff, classes, etc. were among the best in the world.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was quite impressed with this hotel. It was very close to the village of Pinehurst with an easy 2 block walk. They have breakfast but no evening meals. No big deal with the village so close. The cost of this hotel was very reasonable compared to some of the other local hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I booked online for a conference held at the historic Pinehurst Resort (known as "Carolina" in their ads) and was assigned a room at their "Holly Inn", an adjacent property. When I attempted to check in at the Holly, I was told I'd been moved to the Manor. While it looked acceptable on-line, the Manor was not up to the standards I've come to expect from the Pinehurst Resort. The property was virtually empty. We were booked into a 4th (top)floor room along with the 3 - 4 other customers who had been "reassigned" to the Manor by hotel staff. When we returned to the property after dinner, it was dark except for a couple of lit rooms on the 4th floor, leading us to refer to it as the "Bates" which we did for the rest of our stay. The staff seemed more interested in talking to each other than they did in helping the customers. The floor in my room sloped so severely that during the course of the night I slid downhill in the bed, waking to climb back to the high side before starting my downward slide again. There was a very loud ice machine at the end of the 4th floor hallway. Breakfast was essentially nonexistent - cold, stale pastries and cold cereal. The three bright spots were the shower with it's excellent water pressure, the free wireless internet, and a TV that got ESPNU. When I spoke with front desk staff at the main property, they said that they did not take reservations for a particular property and were not able to move me to the Holly despite the fact that I had a printed reservation for that specific property. While my group will return to the Pinehurst Resort for their annual conference next year, I will not be staying there unless we can be guaranteed rooms in either the Carolina or the Holly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Manor - Pinehurst Resort? Share your experiences!