“not pinehurst” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Manor - Pinehurst Resort

The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinehurst
The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
Save Saved
You added The Manor - Pinehurst Resort to your Saves list
5 Community Rd., Pinehurst, NC 28374   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Pinehurst B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“not pinehurst”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Manor doesn't even feel like pinehurst. If you have to stay here, stay home.The room are tiny and not very pretty. You are far from everything. I was so diappointed as I had really looked forward to this trip to the hotel and the spa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Amherst, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had the pleasure of being invited to a business meeting held at the Pinehurst.This was my first visit to the area. There are 3 buildings as part of the Pinehurst country club. I stayed at the Holly Inn with the meetings at the Carolina.

The main building is the Carolina and it was a beautiful monument to the grace, beauty and tranquility of a classic resort. The Holly Inn was located a short walk (or bus ride) from the Carolina. It was the original hotel for Pinehurst. It was smaller, intimate and every bit as beautiful and welcoming as the larger Carolina. The advantage to the Inn was its location a adjacent to the center of the Pinehurst village shops.

The resort offfered all the amenities needed for the business conference including excellent cell phone and internet access. While at the same time retaining the level of service and ambiance of a traditional resort hotel.

Not being a golfer, I did not take advantage of the available facilities. However, my colleagues that were golfers assured me the courses, staff, classes, etc. were among the best in the world.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was quite impressed with this hotel. It was very close to the village of Pinehurst with an easy 2 block walk. They have breakfast but no evening meals. No big deal with the village so close. The cost of this hotel was very reasonable compared to some of the other local hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I booked online for a conference held at the historic Pinehurst Resort (known as "Carolina" in their ads) and was assigned a room at their "Holly Inn", an adjacent property. When I attempted to check in at the Holly, I was told I'd been moved to the Manor. While it looked acceptable on-line, the Manor was not up to the standards I've come to expect from the Pinehurst Resort. The property was virtually empty. We were booked into a 4th (top)floor room along with the 3 - 4 other customers who had been "reassigned" to the Manor by hotel staff. When we returned to the property after dinner, it was dark except for a couple of lit rooms on the 4th floor, leading us to refer to it as the "Bates" which we did for the rest of our stay. The staff seemed more interested in talking to each other than they did in helping the customers. The floor in my room sloped so severely that during the course of the night I slid downhill in the bed, waking to climb back to the high side before starting my downward slide again. There was a very loud ice machine at the end of the 4th floor hallway. Breakfast was essentially nonexistent - cold, stale pastries and cold cereal. The three bright spots were the shower with it's excellent water pressure, the free wireless internet, and a TV that got ESPNU. When I spoke with front desk staff at the main property, they said that they did not take reservations for a particular property and were not able to move me to the Holly despite the fact that I had a printed reservation for that specific property. While my group will return to the Pinehurst Resort for their annual conference next year, I will not be staying there unless we can be guaranteed rooms in either the Carolina or the Holly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Manor - Pinehurst Resort? Share your experiences!