“Not up to "par" with other Pinehurst Resort properties!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Manor - Pinehurst Resort

The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinehurst
The Manor - Pinehurst Resort
You added The Manor - Pinehurst Resort to your Saves list
5 Community Rd., Pinehurst, NC 28374   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Pinehurst B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not up to "par" with other Pinehurst Resort properties!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I booked online for a conference held at the historic Pinehurst Resort (known as "Carolina" in their ads) and was assigned a room at their "Holly Inn", an adjacent property. When I attempted to check in at the Holly, I was told I'd been moved to the Manor. While it looked acceptable on-line, the Manor was not up to the standards I've come to expect from the Pinehurst Resort. The property was virtually empty. We were booked into a 4th (top)floor room along with the 3 - 4 other customers who had been "reassigned" to the Manor by hotel staff. When we returned to the property after dinner, it was dark except for a couple of lit rooms on the 4th floor, leading us to refer to it as the "Bates" which we did for the rest of our stay. The staff seemed more interested in talking to each other than they did in helping the customers. The floor in my room sloped so severely that during the course of the night I slid downhill in the bed, waking to climb back to the high side before starting my downward slide again. There was a very loud ice machine at the end of the 4th floor hallway. Breakfast was essentially nonexistent - cold, stale pastries and cold cereal. The three bright spots were the shower with it's excellent water pressure, the free wireless internet, and a TV that got ESPNU. When I spoke with front desk staff at the main property, they said that they did not take reservations for a particular property and were not able to move me to the Holly despite the fact that I had a printed reservation for that specific property. While my group will return to the Pinehurst Resort for their annual conference next year, I will not be staying there unless we can be guaranteed rooms in either the Carolina or the Holly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)

Been to The Manor - Pinehurst Resort? Share your experiences!