“A nice break in the afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Texas
“A nice break in the afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Had the scones and tea. Enjoyed both very much. Scones were blueberry and came with thick cream, lemon curd, and strawberry preserves. A really good selection of teas including black, green, robios and herbal. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Sweet people .

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Always fun to go to Lady Bedfords.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a delightful experience. The decor and food offer a high quality tea experience in an intimate setting. Well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Quaint Tea Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have enjoyed eating here several times but the last 3 times I have gone here I have been turned away because they were having a "special function". When I complained this time since I had driven there with out of town guests they gave me a 20% off coupon to come back another time. Not sure that will happen (3 strike rule). Seems like they could designate a regular day for their functions so patrons don't spend time going only to be turned away.

Visited November 2012
Pinehurst
“Valentines tea with our 10 month old --eek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Yes, we took our 10 month old to Valentines tea. Let me first say that we did not get any dirty looks or attitude for bringing him in. The ladies were very welcoming and if they were afraid of him behaving badly, they certainly did not show it :). They did not have a high chair, so keep that in ind if you plan to take an unstable infant, but the ladies helped us get him into a booster ( his first time) and he did great. Tea, and all the wonderful cookies and sandwiches and other items were delicious. I wish we would have started going sooner because we truly enjoyed it. Go here for sure!!

Visited February 2013
Greensboro, NC
“A winning combination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The perfect place to pass the time and recover from the chill outside. The "parlour" was aesthetically pleasing, taking you back to another time and place. The staff, twins Joan and Ann were most attentive...both on our first visit on a day when the place was mostly empty because of bad weather and on our return visit when it was packed because of a child's birthday tea party. My quiche and soup, specials of the day, were delightful. I wanted to eat very slowly to savor each bite. Kudos to Chef Joe! Afterward, we had dessert and tea, mainly to extend our stay and they were very good too. The next day, even though we had just had lunch, we returned for afternoon tea because it had been such a pleasant experience the day before. The food, the atmosphere, the staff, and the experience make me wish this place was closer to home.

Visited January 2013