“Good for a quick overnight trip.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pembroke
New York City, New York
“Good for a quick overnight trip.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach. I wanted a hotel away from 95, for a change. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes off of 95. The hotel is fine for an overnight stay. We used the pool, which was small but great for the kids, and I used the workout room, which was great for a quick workout. The breakfast was nice to have in the morning. There is a decent BBQ place right near the hotel and since I had kids with me who had "ants in their pants" from being in the car so long, a walk through the UNCP campus was a nice place for them to run around a bit and stretch their legs.
There were only two slight complaints I had about this hotel: 1) i think the rooms could be cleaner. There was a layer of dust on the surfaces in our room. 2) during the afternoon of our arrival. I had to walk back out to the car for something and at the front desk was a group of gentleman who clearly had just gotten off of work or something that left them filthy. They were asking to use the laundry facilities at the hotel. The front desk girl was giving them a bag to take with them to the laundry room, which was located on another floor. I just found it a little unsettling that these 5-6 men would be walking around the hotel with no one knowing who they are...i was traveling without my husband during this trip and was a bit nervous about this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear 1974Gigi,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay.

I apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests are provided with a clean, comfortable room. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed one night. Very clean room! Front desk person was very nice and answered a bunch of questions we had about the area. Breakfast was wonderful! Would strongly recommend to friends. We will stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eden, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I called to try and make a Corporate Lodging reservation. I asked for a refrigerator and microwave in my room. Neither clerk I spoke with would even attempt to guarantee this. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone if this is any indication of the place in general. This is the 21st century, everybody uses these two common appliances.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear sat1922,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online.

I am sorry to hear about your troubles during your visit. Not all hotels have a microwave and refrigerator in the room and as per standard procedure, this can be requested upon reservation, however, requests made are not guaranteed as it will be based on availability upon check in. I humbly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and for the service issues you have encountered. Kindly be assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to consider updates where possible.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great hotel. Clean room and great breakfast. Very friendly staff. Seemed to be middle of nowhere when on 95. Really surprised to find such a nice hotel in a farming area. Would definitely visit again if ever in this area

• Stayed July 2013
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a newer hotel, nicely decorated, clean and has a fantastic staff! We stayed here for a baseball tournament at UNC Pembroke, and we were pleasantly surprised with the location and quality. There are no other hotels nearby, and this hotel was beyond good. Our room was large, the beds were a little soft for my taste, but everything else was terrific! We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ever feel like you are the hotel's only customer? Like to be treated with smiles and a genuine warm welcome? Want to hear as you leave, "Thanks again!"

This property in the little town of Pembroke, NC, just west of Lumberton, NC, is one of those exceptional gems of hospitality. The people just like to see you, want you to feel welcomed, and want you to return...soon, if you please. My recommendation: It's well worth going a bit out of your way to stay here.

I visited 11 IHG (parent company of Holiday Inn Express) hotels for a total of 17 nights on the my spring road trip, and this one tied as being the best, most enjoyable stay. Almost universally, the HIX product is of high quality featuring the pool, exercise room, breakfast room with hot, fresh foods, free parking, spacious welcoming lobby, etc. The rooms themselves are clean and well maintained, many with micros and refrigerators. I like the consistency of this high-quality product. As HI used to say decades ago, "The best surprise is no surprise." I would change it to "Our hospitality is consistently high quality."

There were no issues whatsoever at this property. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves at work, from the front desk managers and clerks to the lady planting the summer flowers at the entrance outdoors. The breakfast lady checks to make sure you have everything you need to have a great start to the day.

The accommodations are standard HI Express, nice mattresses, LCD TVs, free wifi, lots of adjacent electrical outlets, full bath with amenities, plenty of soft absorbent towels and wash cloths, etc. It was well maintained and spotless.

I found out while I was there that Pembroke is predominately a native American community, without casino, thank goodness. For being such a small town, it has a great self-serve car wash and plenty of "average Joe" restaurants to meet your tastes. If ever in the area again, I will be sure to return.

That "thanks again" I heard gently shouted by the front desk manager as the automatic sliding doors closed demonstrated the hospitality and warmth of the Holiday Inn Express Pembroke.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in May 2013 for a wedding. The hotel is quite new and very nice. The rooms were modern and clean. Free breakfast was included and had a nice variety of choices. Employees were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke? Share your experiences!