“Fantastic Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
East Lansing, Michigan
“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

This is a great choice, especially for anyone visiting University of North Carolina at Pembroke. We have stayed here several times and the rooms are always clean and the staff goes above and beyond what you expect in helping you with whatever you might need.
Only drawback for families is that there is no on-site restaurant and none within walking distance. We did not use the pool.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We picked this hotel based on the other reviews and they were right, it was the best Holiday Inn yet. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was perfect, area was quiet and safe. I give this hotel a 9 out of 10. Well worth the extra 10 minute drive from I-95.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We enjoyed our stay! I did have to change my room on the third floor to a first floor room because the hot water in my third floor room was barely warm. The hot water on the first floor was perfect. I didn’t think I was going to get a good night’s sleep but I was so WRONG. The room was very clean and comfortable; as soon as I hit the bed I was out like a light and it wasn’t from being tired from the drive as it was only an hour and half away for me. The only thing I had to do was spray Febreze to freshen it up a bit, other than that it was a perfect stay. The location was perfect as we were there to visit UNCP which was less than a half a mile away from the hotel. The staff’s customer service was wonderful. We also enjoyed the breakfast which consisted of hot and cold items. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I've learned you often can't trust hotel reviews - always consider the sourse. I often spend half my nights in hotels, so I have a good basis of comparison. Make no mistake, this property is about as 1st class as you can get for a HI Express. It will please even Courtyard & Hilton Garden Inn fans, although just shy of that caliber, but priced similarly. It can most easily be reached from I-95 by taking I-74 west to exit 200 and going toward Pembroke a couple of miles. It's an excellent alternative to the noisy, low quality hotels (regardless of brand) in Lumberton. The lobby is very spacious & upscale, very well appointed, with high ceilings. Even the breakfast area resembles a Courtyard more than a HI Express. Breakfast is continental, but excellent, with even a couple of hot items like eggs & sausage. Also, higher quality begals, muffins, etc. Coffee is very weak. Seating is upscale & excellent. Breakfast goes til 10 a.m. and doesn't end too early like so many hotels. The rooms are spacious & well appointed with quality furniture & quality window treatment. A/C is quite & wall thermostat controlled. Windows do open a few inches for fresh air. TVs are fairly large flat screens, with good channel assortment. Beds are about 2 grades above a regular HI Express. The mgr. informed me they are Serta brand. This upgrade should pay dividends in repeat customers. They give good support with a soft & comfortable top. They are triple sheeted with quality linens & pillows. The bath is on a par with Hilton Garden Inns. They do have the HI signiture large rain-maker type shower head, but water pressure is not real good. Towels are thick & big. I was in a regular bedroom, but opted for a suite. It had 2 easy chairs, a sofa, a table with 2 quality chairs, & 2 TVs. It also had a small wetbar with micro & fridge - not quite Hilton quality, but nice enough. It also had a real 4-cup coffee maker, not those rediculous new makers that take a tea bag size filter pack. I rarely comment on staff - turnover is high with hotels and you won't likely see the same people as I. In this case, the mgr. is very present & on top of everything. I saw him a half dozen times over 2 days making sure evrything was well run. I hope they can keep that up. I can be a pretty harsh critic, but I highly reccommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed and if anything does disappoint, this mgr. will take care of it in a flash.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

We were traveling from Florida to New Jersey and back on holiday to visit relatives and needed a place to stay halfway. At first we looked at Fayetteville, but canceled a reservation there after the traveler reviews were horrible. I found this Holiday Inn online and it is 8 miles off the highway, and the road is dark trying to locate it but once you arrive...Oasis!!! This is a new Holiday Inn as of last January and everything still seems brand new and crisp! Arriving very tired after driving 9 hours we were greeted by a very nice receptionist who gave us good advice as to which restaurants would be open after 9PM. My husband and myself had a King bed room which was clean and very very roomy. My sons shared a room with 2 queen sized beds and a roll a way bed (additional 10$) Also roomy..The complimentary breakfast included eggs, sausage, muffins, yogurt, coffee juice, oatmeal, cereal, pretty much anything you would want. (A great help when you want to get back on the road quickly.And a great saving when you have 5 adults!) The woman who cared for this area was pleasant and immediately cleaned up everything immaculately. This hotel is pretty much on its own and it's only drawback is being 8 miles off 95. This was far outweighed by the hotel's QUIET area, the hotel staff who were pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. The manager in the morning was very kind and assisted us with everything we needed. This was also the night of the first snowstorm that city had since 1989 and we arrived to a hotel lot which had been shoveled out and salted. I would highly recommend any one traveling on 95 take the few extra minutes to go to this hotel. You won't regret it!

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

The hotel was very clean and modern. The staff was friendly. Overall it is a great location if you have to do business in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I love reading reviews so I know what to expect! This place was awesome. It's about 10 miles off the Interstate, so it's a bit of a drive but I thought it was well worth the extra time. We stayed there halfway on our trip to Florida from Maryland. The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and a decent size. It was rainy and storming and we arrived at midnight...if we'd gotten there earlier and with nice weather, I'm betting the pool would've been great! Our room overlooked the outdoor pool and it was pretty big and very clean. They serve a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning - you have your usual pastries, yogurts, cereals...along with biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon...the hearty stuff you need on the road. I noticed it was a college town - who knew the University of North Carolina was in Pembroke?? I sure didn't - we passed tons of campus housing & old town buildings, but this place must be new. In fact, another reviewer said it opened up in January (2010) - and it shows! So, trust the reviews and stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke? Share your experiences!