“Nice location, but just average food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
“Nice location, but just average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to Ocracoke on vacation once a year for the last seven years and since year one, I've made a point to visit Jolly Roger. Its become a tradition. The first few years I visited the food and service were excellent. However, it seems my last three visit haven't been that great. The food doesn't seem as good as it used to be and the service has really gone downhill. Tonight when I visited not only did I have to get up to get my own menu, but also waited at least 10 minutes for my sever to come take my drink order. And I got there at 5:45, so they weren't busy. I ordered the fish tacos and they were just ok. Nothing spectacular. My server didn't return to see if my friend and I wanted more drinks or if the food was ok until he brought the check when we were done. Which is a shame for him and the restaurant because we both would have ordered another beer and dessert had he asked. I guess if you don't care about your job, which it seemed he didn't, then it's not a big deal to you. The restaurant has a gorgeous view of the harbor and fantastic sunset views. If they could just get their food and service back to where it once was, they'd be the perfect place to eat. But I probably will try someplace else on the island next year.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, North Carolina
“Great atmosphere and AWESOME Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed sitting on the deck listening to Willis Gupton for the 2 visits we had this summer. The sunset views are fabulous, and the food is tasty.

Visited July 2013
“Lots of choices on this island... definitely go somewhere else.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We came between the lunch and dinner crowd, but service was VERY slow. Took a long time to get drinks and at least 45 minutes to get food. We ordered burgers, shrimp burger, and fish sandwich. Those who ordered the fish sandwich and shrimp sandwich liked there meals, but the burgers were just OK. I love seafood, but was hesitant to order it myself. Wish we would have gone elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, NJ
“Best for Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

One of two waterfront watering holes. (the other being sMacNally) Staff were really friendly and a joy to meet. It is a great place to grab a drink before bouncing to your final dinner spot...esp Daijo. No drama...just relaxing.

Visited July 2013
Wheeling, West Virginia
“A lunch favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Love the atmosphere and the food is quite good. The seafood is fresh and well prepared. During this visit, it was quite busy but we always enjoy this restaurant for lunch.

• Visited August 2013